Preview Rnd 3 - Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 4th April 3.20PM @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week many on here were getting ahead of themselves
This week many are getting behind themselves
With the new rules, our game style & if you’re not getting your fair share of clean stoppage clearances then players can look reactive & lost. Looking at ferocious intensity tomorrow with the team playing with instinct.
Off the bench, hoping Murphy & Ed play more midfield time.
We know what the players can bring at their best. Would love to see Dow stamp himself. Then a few weeks later a player like stocker.

In the meantime, with only 2 games into the year l have faith in the team that runs out tomorrow. Go Blues!!!!

I think you are really underestimating Freo. They have injuries admittedly.
But they have fast committed kids on a fast deck ground. I am not confident. Particularly when a slow side from last week just got slower.
Sometimes ball use and turn overs with no structure behind the ball make sides look slow -- I don't think many players run faster than someone kicks it..

Looking at those VFL highlights - LOB looks slick when he has space and Stocker gets free very easily. Cuners also looks a million dollars.

I really wish Cuners was playing this week. Instead of Murph.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Murphy should have retired at the end of last year with Kreuzer and Simmo.

With the new rules, our game style & if you’re not getting your fair share of clean stoppage clearances then players can look reactive & lost. Looking at ferocious intensity tomorrow with the team playing with instinct.
We know what the players can bring at their best. Would love to see Dow stamp himself. Then a few weeks later a player like stocker.

In the meantime, with only 2 games into the year l have faith in the team that runs out tomorrow. Go Blues!!!!
Wow some calm common sense .

Murph last year was a but up and down, I hope tomorrow he redeems himself and has a blinder. Agree with the MC comments, our club is very kind to players not in form in comparison to the rest of the clubs.

Team prediction:

In: Betts JSoS Parks
Out: Fisher Martin Williamson

Plowman Jones Parks
Docherty Weitering Saad
Walsh Cripps Newnes
Fogarty Casboult Gibbons
JSoS McKay Betts
Pittonet ECurnow Williams
Setterfield Dow Murphy SpS
Plowman, Jones, Newnes, Gibbons, Pittonet, ECurnow, Setterfield, Dow, Murphy, SpS will all be under scrutiny. Has the game passed them by??
You know you are in trouble when a coach in waiting Ross Lyon starts watching Cripps and commenting about his shortcomings.

Murph last year was a but up and down, I hope tomorrow he redeems himself and has a blinder. Agree with the MC comments, our club is very kind to players not in form in comparison to the rest of the clubs.
Should have been given a testimonial two years ago and shown the door. He has always been a player who loves to run forward, but could not find the defense if he was given a compass and guide.

If by some chance we lose this game -- MC selections against the GC will be very interesting -- wonder if it will force them to put some to pasture -- at 0-3 and poor % the way the ladder already shaping finals be very very difficult

Looking at those VFL highlights - LOB looks slick when he has space and Stocker gets free very easily. Cuners also looks a million dollars.

I really wish Cuners was playing this week. Instead of Murph.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Players normally look good on their highkights. Id say coaches probably watch more of the bad stuff and not the highlights. I saw a two min vid of stocker and his running and effort was terrible (again, 2 mins so means nothing).

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I keep saying this, it's more than 2 games.....

Hope your right though

Team prediction:

In: Betts JSoS Parks
Out: Fisher Martin Williamson

Plowman Jones Parks
Docherty Weitering Saad
Walsh Cripps Newnes
Fogarty Casboult Gibbons
JSoS McKay Betts
Pittonet ECurnow Williams
Setterfield Dow Murphy SpS
I am sure our recruiters are carefully monitoring the GWS list. We need another 5 or 6 dead wood on our list.

I have a ticketing question for this match.
We have level 2 aisle 34 tickets and theyre saying enter at gate 2.
Our normal membership ticket is level 2 aisle 32 and we always enter via gate 5.
Doesnt make sense to me?
Anyone have tickets for tomorrow Level 2 around aisle 34 vicinity? If so what gate does your ticket say to enter through?
Thanks.
Sitting very close, and we are entering through gate 5.

Should have been given a testimonial two years ago and shown the door. He has always been a player who loves to run forward, but could not find the defense if he was given a compass and guide.
And impacted the game enough that it wasn't a big problem that he wasnt great defensively. In his current role he doesn't do enough to offset his softness, not by a long shot.

With the lack of changes after a week of tough talk the match committee have put their necks on the line.
it just smacks of weakness making 1 unforced change but hopefully they are right and it’s a case of backing in the players.

With the lack of changes after a week of tough talk the match committee have put their necks on the line.
it just smacks of weakness making 1 unforced change but hopefully they are right and it’s a case of backing in the players.

I've been a big Plow defender on here, but must admit I was surprised to see him named (again)

Rewarding mediocrity- cutting someone like Williamson on his own was a weak call for mine as they needed a back who could impact in the air or drop in the hole so his dropping was more structural than anything else -- Richmond 75 inside 50 was already an alarm bell .. lose this week sirens will be sounding

If by some chance we lose this game -- MC selections against the GC will be very interesting -- wonder if it will force them to put some to pasture -- at 0-3 and poor % the way the ladder already shaping finals be very very difficult

We lose this game & we’ll need to be seeking a priority pick for the mid-season draft.

Despite the ins and outs, we will win this comfortably

Parks will have a blinder
With some trepidation, I love your positivity and hope you’re spot on.

Cannot play the reactive footy we played last week. I want to see a game where we dictate play and look like we’re all playing off the same game plan.

The most noticeable difference between us and Collingwood last week was when they had the ball they had options, and multiple options, whereas when we had the ball so many times there was no one to kick to.

We just don’t seem to have the movement that the good sides have, whether that’s fitness or game plan who knows.

Anyway, we’ll be there tomorrow and fully expecting (hoping) for a win.

Who will stand up for us tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back