Autopsy Rnd 3, Hawthorn vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a great believer in justice. Nuke Carlton while the wind is blowing towards Geelong.
I don't have a problem with Geelong. However, if Geelong are a by product of nuking Carlscum, then carry on Kim Jong Un.;)[/quote]
If we Nuke The Carringbush we maybe lucky enough to get all 3 of you!!!!:cool:

Hale is able to play forward but I have to say I prefer bailey in the middle. Hale fumbled and bumbled his way through the game today IMO
Agreed would definitely have subbed Hale instead of Bailey. Hale is a ruckman who can't ruck that well and isn't that great of a forward but Bailey is a good ruckman so i would stick with him every week tbh

Guerra kick-in to the centre-square. Excellent mark by Stratton with the flight. Play on, fend off and then the handball while being taken down. Handball receive from Buddy, sensational hurdle over two players in the same motion, accelerate away from the contest, and then a shot on goal from 70+ metres out. Ball bounces in the goalsquare and goes through for a match defining goal.

Total time taken to score the goal from the kick-in: 12 seconds

Have not long got home from the game, for me this passage of play was the highlight of the game, sheer brilliance.

Sure, Franco's expected brilliance, Credit goes just as much to Goo for the guts to go the "bomb", and Stratts, the bomb was freash air if not for

the strength and skill of his mark, then the awareness to hand it off to the running Franco. Thanks Hawks.

Lucky enough to be a MCC member, and watch the game from in front of the Long Room, N44.

Today during the 2nd I went down to M55 standing room to catch up with a mate for a 1/2 time larger.

Ordinary view of the ground, but, hey the atmosphere! that place rocks!

I havent got over the Ge***g loss yet, but leaving the "G" a winner for the first time in too many months, was so good!

Awesome second half and outstanding team effort. Great win. Couldn't go today but watched it from home. Noticed that when the game was in the balance, Tim Watson started banging on and on about Collingwood's tenacity and how they have a steely resolve and how they never give up and how they are a tight knit group and blah blah blah...

Then we kick 15 second half goals to totally contradict those "special" comments!
It was beautiful.

Actions > Words. Sometimes less is more Tim.

That's hardly the point. We shouldn't have to look at it at all. How about in future you consider the consequences before making stupid wagers?
I'm thinking that anyone who makes these stupid wagers can enjoy a board ban, should they lose the bet.

Anyone else think Buddy was a lot less selfish today, and actually a lot less this year??

He's never been one to shy away from having a shot, but a few times, even late in the game when he probalby could have been excused for having a lash at one from the boundary, still looked in side.

Good signs from the big fella

Jus watching the replay when O'Brien collected Hodge in the head. Now last year, that could have been looked at as a potential MRP charge, now it's like Hodge is lucky that he didn't give away the free kick........I'm confused

Also, does Roughy have anything to worry about with his frontal contact incident (1st qtr I think)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't recall too many shocker shots (especially set shots) on goal. Scoreboard pressure was evident and very pleasing. Was very chuffed when Brooooost nailed that set shot (after cyril passed to him) just before three qtr time (I think it was).

Its simple,
Jus watching the replay when O'Brien collected Hodge in the head. Now last year, that could have been looked at as a potential MRP charge, now it's like Hodge is lucky that he didn't give away the free kick........I'm confused

Also, does Roughy have anything to worry about with his frontal contact incident (1st qtr I think)

adjudicate it as you see it, if blatantly going in with the hips to the side then fine, head over the ball is different, in my view.

Roughies, there was nothing in it.

Watching the Guerra-Stratton-Buddy goal from the wing today was awesome. Unfortunately, today the Collingwood fans around me made it painfully clear why they are loathed so much. My ears are still burning...what a bunch of sooks.
Hodge was tromendous.
Cyril has the agility of a cat.

O'Brien actually was reported for this incident. Chook lotto!

Fantastic win. Really hit them hard, and applied pressure constantly.

Amazed to see Swan had 33 touches. Never seen a game where a player with that many had such little impact.

That seems to be a fairly common story with Swan.

Well you all know how much I think of Hodgey..............and I felt for that damn poster but did you see the young Jed go did you see his face when he kicked that goal? Loved it....really loved it

Super win. Bit nervous with the scores level at half time.

Huge win as it will give us the confidence going into this tough 5 week period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rnd 3, Hawthorn vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back