Autopsy Rnd 3, Hawthorn vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Two random stats after the first 3 rounds:

1) Hawks have kicked the most goals (57) against top notch competition. The 4 clubs immediately below us (Ess, Port, WC and Swans) have all feasted upon one or more of Melbourne / GWS / Gold Coast

2) Hawks have given away the LEAST free kicks (53).

3 games of not much from David Hale now. My worry is getting higher.

I don't know if it was the players or the coaches going to a smarter plan B, but in the first quarter and a half we tried playing dry weather footy involving short, pretty kicks trying to pin point the pass and in the wet it does not work. About half way through the 2nd quarter, Roughy went into the ruck, won the tap and we got a quick clearance and scored from it and from there we played long, direct footy and it cleared the F50 up and our smalls wreaked havoc which benefited our talls. From there we went 70+ against them. Amazing.

]I don't have a problem with Geelong.

Well, sorry I do, and I have to go and work amoungst them tomorrow and every other day.

So, could we compromise,

We Nuke Ge***g first, and do it when its blowing south westerly?

on the other hand,

How about we BEAT them on the foot ground?

Beautiful stuff from the boys today, loved every minute of the 2nd half with an absolute gusto not felt before (for a while anyway). From biting my nails at half time, to destroying them and hunting them made me very, very excitable.

Anyway, loving young Jed Anderson, the kid is going to be a star if he keeps it up, and Cyril, OMG, Cyril! Smooth operator, the park was his own by the end of the game: owned it.

As for Hodge... oh my, General Hodge was ****** evrywhere today, and when we needed him most, when the game was on the line, he was there. Excellent to see him back to his devastating best.

Birchall, Stratton, never expect any less from these guys, they just stood tall and delivered.

Vital that Roughy kicked those goals today, and also well done to the man on kiicking his 300th.

We got Freo next week, and although they are going well, I expect us to be up and about down there in Tasland.

Loving it Hawks.

Just happy that, in the end, we buried them and didn't just scrape over the line.

Please, garbage post.

Unlike your mate Cyril, lets have zero impact with 5 touches.

Clearly havent been watching Swan the last 5 years, horrendous post. Garbage anti collingwood shit from a rabid hawks fan

Did you get lost, little one?

Seriously, the Swan post was a little off, but there's no need to cry like a baby about it.

Please, garbage post.

Clearly havent been watching Swan the last 5 years, horrendous post. Garbage anti collingwood shit from a rabid hawks fan

Delete your post and leave before I card you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please, garbage post.

Did you get lost, little one?

Seriously, the Swan post was a little off, but there's no need to cry like a baby about it.

Ah, love it. Pies fans can settle down.

Please, garbage post.

tumblr_lhkmt3SlEN1qhv4q1o1_500.png

Watched the replay i loved Strattons game wether it was spoiling late, tackling or getting in front and outmarking he reads the play so well for a youngish type player.
Anderson and Hill did some nice things be good to see them with a more games under their belts.
Duryea was a bit nervous understandably, couple little errors but he was quick on a few occasions to make amends quickly.
Good team effort:thumbsu:

Please, garbage post.

That's three games in a row where Swan's been one of Hawthorn's best players. Absolute Chip Scab with no penetratation or ability run the other way.

Hope he plays against us for many more years to come!:thumbsu:

I'm loving the old Stratton back. He is clunking marks like his debut season again and those contested marks are just gold. Gibbo had a great game as well, he was best on for mine in the first half.

Our defense is looking solid. Schoey had a bit of a downer today but tried his heart out against the true Gorilla forward. Cloke got a few cheapies but he was soundly beaten. Still a great start to the season for Schoey and I reckon when Lake comes in it will be much easier for the young man.

That's three games in a row where Swan's been one of Hawthorn's best players. Absolute Chip Scab with no penetratation or ability run the other way.

Hope he plays against us for many more years to come!:thumbsu:

Sam Mitchell > Dane Swan

People go on about how good a footballer Swan is but they never mention where the hell was he from 2002-2006? At least Mitchell started of well from the beginning of his career and is finishing strongly despite being over 30.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rnd 3, Hawthorn vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back