Rnd 4 - Geelong v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Re: Re: Re: At the Cattery

Originally posted by JUBJUB
Much like Melbourne's form. :D

At least you went this year Fairweather.Now you can head off to the snow.

Don't get that ****y mate, Geelong were pretty **** for most of the game. You guys won't win another game for ages. By the way, I believe we have more wins than you guys anyway.

Yep, I'll be off to the snow alright. I find it amusing that this is your only comeback when the fact that your home ground is a lump of **** is highlighted. You don't have any defence for it. It's a pile of ****. You may as well play some home games down at Queens Park or something, that ground would hold more fans as it is.

Originally posted by Deestroy
It's all good and well to say that was the problem, but the fact we went inside 50 in the last quarter I counted 3 times. One was smouthered, one was to Robbo and one to Neitz thenwhat you say doesn't really hold up. When the ball was kicked to Neitz, most of the time it was bouncing off his chest, so I wouldn't say he was convincingly beaten by Scarlett either, he was beaten by himself.

I think that takes away from how well Scarlett and the rest of the Geelong defence played to block where Neitz was leading. For the first 3 quarters, Geelong's defenders had Melbourne worked out when they went forward and as for the last quarter, the Demons simply dropped off once we got a couple of goals ahead as they couldn't win.

Anyway, it was just an observation I have picked up from watching both Melbourne losses this season.

Scarlett was pretty good I thought, however Neeta DID drop far more than he marked so... yeah.

We were simply terrible in that last quarter. Too reactive, too loose. Can anyone tell me who David Clarke's opponent was? I know he's quick but getting on your own in the goal square TWICE!!! It's just dumb, lazy footy!

Credit to Kingsley too, he knew as early as the 2nd quarter that he had Carroll's measure. He was shooing away his teamates in the 2nd Quarter at the Ford stand end because he was itching for a crack 1 out with the youngster. Nathan gave his all but he would've been better suited to a 2nd or 3rd option in his AFL debut, Mooney perhaps?

Corey Enright is my type of footballer.

Yze's conceeding of a 50 m penalty in the 3rd quarter was the end in my view, we never even looked like scoring from then on.

Chris Heffernan was our last man standing in a performance lacking much in input from our "Leadership group".

Originally posted by BT
Can anyone tell me who David Clarke's opponent was? I know he's quick but getting on your own in the goal square TWICE!!! It's just dumb, lazy footy!

Good question,but Clarke was playing in the forward pocket when he kicked his goals,so his opponent had run up the ground.

When he kicked his 2nd,he was about 30 metres clear of any Dee's player.

Originally posted by ScouseCat
I think that takes away from how well Scarlett and the rest of the Geelong defence played to block where Neitz was leading.
As it should, because they didn't have a lot to do. When the ball was kicked to Neitz (not that often) after the 10 minute mark of the first quarter, he was his own worst enemy. Same with White who dropped I don't know how many marks. The midfield was what let us down, as we were 2nd to the ball all the time and were killed at stop plays, what is usually our biggest strength, last weak was our biggest weakness.

Re: Re: Re: At the Cattery

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell
An Electronic one maybe? I mean, I felt like I should have been watching Newtown vs. Lara or something on the weekend the way things are at Skilled.

With the seating - it costs 10 bucks for a seat at the G, a small fortune at Skilled. We had this argument last year, and you guys had no answers then. Nothings changed at Skilled - it's far below par.

I have to bring up the issue of owning your ground. We all know Melbourne don't, so therefore you don't need to worry about finding the cash to pay for new gizmos like scoreboards, it's already done for you. See, we own our ground and with money tough to come by we can't just go and buy a new scoreboard at the drop of a hat.

What is the point of installing a new electronic board now, when we are going to have installed when our ground is redeveloped?

Anyway, a scoreboard is a scoreboard, as long as it tells the score I couldn't care what it looks like.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: At the Cattery

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell
Don't get that ****y mate, Geelong were pretty **** for most of the game. You guys won't win another game for ages. By the way, I believe we have more wins than you guys anyway.

Yep, I'll be off to the snow alright. I find it amusing that this is your only comeback when the fact that your home ground is a lump of **** is highlighted. You don't have any defence for it. It's a pile of ****. You may as well play some home games down at Queens Park or something, that ground would hold more fans as it is.

And your only comeback is that we have a sh.t ground, which is still AFL standard so you comment is unfounded. You snobs have had it too good for too long, and a visit to our ground is just like the old suburban footy, which many people thoroughly enjoy, yet you sooks can't cope.
Next time, don't come, stay home and watch the game on Fox Footy and save yourself the embarrassment of seeing your side humiliated at Skilled Stadium again.

16 years and counting.

Team boards are for supporters of each team. Respect the team when you post on their board.

We talked nicely on your board, if you can't do the same here, don't post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rnd 4 - Geelong v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back