Rnd 4 - West Coast vs Hawthorn - Gameday Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Good effort from the guys.

Not to worry Coxy - it happens.

It's also worth remembering before sooking about our inaccuracy that Hawthorn scored more behinds then us.

On the down side, Brown was atrocious. He was my call as an out for this game is the changes thread and he didn't prove me wrong. MacKenzie looked much better on Buddy - quite simply because he, with Glass, is our best shut down defender. Even Buddy's 6th where EMac was out of position was caused because the player who delivered the ball gathered after Brown was running back not watching the play and let it dribble past him to the Hawks player.

Schofield was bloody ordinary and had no match up. Dalziell didn't impact.

FFS. Late comeback aside, our second half was horrible. Ball movement and forward entries completely went to shit.

We should have won that.

Umm.. we won the third quarter - u miss that?

Agreed, late comback aside the last quarter was terrible though. They did nothing for the 1st 15min and the Hawks could have put it away with better kicking

ok lets go aside from all the bitching and whining about umpires etc...

a great effort overall, but we really should be winning those games. the players should know that we missed a big chance there.

a couple of things we could've done
1. not use dalziell as the sub...wow, this was totally ineffectual and basically useless.
2. put glass on franklin...please? i know we're trying to teach our young blokes, but sometimes you got to go with the tried and tested.

oh yeah, and what was with that time clock? kept running down with the 50m penalty and embley's free kick. vital seconds that could have mattered.

Dalziell an inspired inclusion.:eek:

Mad about the goal umpire and a few dodgy calls, same with the time on..... but seriously we need a genuine crumber or another more natural forward. Just have trouble finishing or capatalising when the ball hits the deck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great effort but Worsfold's selection of too many talls cost us big time in the end, Hawks had too much run in the last. Brown is a hack and I wouldn't pick him again and Schofield is too but not as useless as Brown.

Brown copped 2 bs goals kicked on him. MacKenzie should have played on Franklin the whole game. He had a ripper game.

Our lack of intesnity in the first minute of the 4th quarter cost us the game. Cox should have kicked the ball out of the centre rather than have tried to handball.

Disappointing to lose that one but hey, we're definately on the up that's for sure. Got a week off now to refresh but these selections MUST be looked at before the Melbourne game. Too many talls have cost us now in the past 2 games. We need a crumber to take advantage of us locking it into our forward 50! There's just no one there! And let's hope someone can teach NicNat to take a pack mark. He'd score a couple of goals a game if he could just hang on to them!

Umm.. we won the third quarter - u miss that?

Agreed, late comback aside the last quarter was terrible though. They did nothing for the 1st 15min and the Hawks could have put it away with better kicking
No, I am aware that we won the third quarter on the scoreboard. Point still stands.

Loving the SEN post-game for once - massive WCE spruik. I had this down as an embarrasing loss. Bloody good effort!

Who cares if it's a loss. At least we played desirable footy with 4 quarter effort. Massive difference to 2010. Well played lads.

On the ground, Cox and Dazzel cost us. Cox gifts a goal in the first 15 seconds of 4th quarter and doesn't allow Embleys goal through. Dalzell fumbles a ball, squibs the contest and goal, Hawks get a run on.

Selectors lose us the game of the field again. Too tall down back, Dalzell tge fumbled as the sub and persisting with a bomb it in high plan and no flipping crumbers again. The selectors for 4 years now have got no flipping idea, the lot of them should be shot

Could easily have won that. Did well to stay in that considering brown and schofield absolutly dogged it all day.

We lost about 20 seconds at the end there with time off, get it right tasmania.

Good late fight to come back i always expect us to drop off at the end of games with the amount of pressure that we put on and how much it would take out to keep that up.

Daziell....1 quarter and didn't want to run hard, poor effort

Kennedy should've wheeled around and kicked it after that last mark. He had plenty of space on his right right up to the 50 and the goal square was clear.

a great effort overall, but we really should be winning those games. the players should know that we missed a big chance there

Not really, Hawthorn should be winning those games. It was a tight struggle all game and they are the better side.

Brown copped 2 bs goals kicked on him.

The first free kick was there every day of the week. The 2nd was very soft but technically still there.

The clock was leaking seconds throughout the whole last quarter, was stupid. Really should've won that one for Glassy, we aren't gonna get too far if we don't fight hard to win these close ones.. see 2009.

Cox and NN were awful today. Really missing an explosive midfielder at stoppages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rnd 4 - West Coast vs Hawthorn - Gameday Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back