Rnd 4 - West Coast vs Hawthorn - Gameday Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So, what's with us winnign so many hitouts but not getting it to advantage of our mids? It's really hurt us in this game and the Sydney game?

I know you didn't get the points today but you gave a good hard contest. West Coast definitely has a lot of young upcoming talent and you play an exciting brand of footy. Gaff is going to be a player and good to see Kennedy coming on. All the best for the rest of the year.

Not really, Hawthorn should be winning those games. It was a tight struggle all game and they are the better side.

take out the hawks standing in the competition and look at our position in that game at 3qtr...we've got to win those games.

commentators calling us to make the 8 on ABC radio
Yah. But gee they got exited when the Hawks got the ball. Barely raised thier voice when WC got it. The worst call I have ever heard from ABC.

Sounds like Dalz and Brown and Schoey will be definate inclusions next game:eek:

Woosh needs to send them back to the WAFL to HTFU. FFS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on a game we should have won but didn't. Hawks are a better side than us, we couldn't capitalise on our advantage in the first three quarters.

Geez some people are critical on here... who even tipped us for a win? the Kiss of Death as far as I could see. Look at the array of positives for god's sake... Who cares if Browny got towelled up; Buddy's not exactly you're average key forward spud. Schoey get's whipped - fair enough one-on-one he's shaky, but he does some brillaint things under pressure with the loose ball.

However - Dalziell. Piss Poor. 37-odd = auto selection. pffft. Bloody-hell, offers nothing but 2nd rate effort and cheap turnovers. Our new found ticker will be the end of some of these twits who have shown nil over the last couple.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on a game we should have won but didn't. Hawks are a better side than us, we couldn't capitalise on our advantage in the first three quarters.
Post reported.:D;)

Geez some people are critical on here... who even tipped us for a win? the Kiss of Death as far as I could see. Look at the array of positives for god's sake... Who cares if Browny got towelled up; Buddy's not exactly you're average key forward spud. Schoey get's whipped - fair enough one-on-one he's shaky, but he does some brillaint things under pressure with the loose ball.

However - Dalziell. Piss Poor. 37-odd = auto selection. pffft. Bloody-hell, offers nothing but 2nd rate effort and cheap turnovers. Our new found ticker will be the end of some of these twits who have shown nil over the last couple.

Indeed. I am annoyed at the loss as much as anyone but frankly if we were offered this result at the start of the game we would of taken it.

We don't have the class, composure and experience yet but we are getting there.

Good effort from the guys.

Not to worry Coxy - it happens.

It's also worth remembering before sooking about our inaccuracy that Hawthorn scored more behinds then us.

On the down side, Brown was atrocious. He was my call as an out for this game is the changes thread and he didn't prove me wrong. MacKenzie looked much better on Buddy - quite simply because he, with Glass, is our best shut down defender. Even Buddy's 6th where EMac was out of position was caused because the player who delivered the ball gathered after Brown was running back not watching the play and let it dribble past him to the Hawks player.

Schofield was bloody ordinary and had no match up. Dalziell didn't impact.

That is the really bad part. He is the extra tall / flexible match up player, if there is not one why is he playing?

I didn't see anything brilliant from Schofield when under pressure today and the main reason for him being under pressure today was because he fumbled the ball.

You're right he does do brilliant things by gathering a loose ball then somehow finding pressure. :D

When Lecras comes back we can now inject him more into the midfield. We really lack some class. Lecras Masten Swift Strijk Hams coming back into the team over the year will increase the class factor as they are all offensive players..something we lack.

Game was lost at the selection table.

Would have won it with Hams in and no bloody Dalziell.

Woosha needs to stop playing spuds like Dazzle and Mcginnihack. We have better quality than that.

Not really, Hawthorn should be winning those games. It was a tight struggle all game and they are the better side.

The first free kick was there every day of the week. The 2nd was very soft but technically still there.
If you are talking about the free kick to Gilbert when Kennedy marked the ball then you must be away with the pixies. It was a clear dive by Gibson and similar situations were ignored all day. If fact that megadill Russell called them as "using the body well" despite the fact players were pushed forward by several metres.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rnd 4 - West Coast vs Hawthorn - Gameday Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back