Road to the Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually have Freo missing. Brutal run home. But what stuffs it is Hawks Dogs and blues having easy runs in in the last 2 games
So we'd have to somehow jump.a team in the 8 and leapfrog Hawks % somehow.
Mathematically we can still make it. Granted we need Doggies and Bloos to lose next three.

Attachments

• IMG_2168.png
    IMG_2168.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 25
Have done my ladder predictor and we are playing the scum in the elimination final. Oh wouldn’t that be sweet. Charlie getting 0 again and Nick running amok. I know I’m dreaming but “so you’re telling me there’s a chance.”

Carlton and Freo to lose out and we make it on 52 points. I'm saying there's a chance!
Finally some common sense on Big Footy Pies Forum.

It's embarrassing to see so-called supporters Flame, Ridicule, and basically "Give Up" on the season,,,

Yes - results have to go our way, but I will continue to drag my sorry old arse to the finals 2 games, screaming my lungs out, while Pea-Heart supporters show their true colours on this forum...

If we had won, other results are going our way.

Even after losing, now there is there still a glimmer of hope! It’s crazy!

No wonder this thread didn’t self destruct last night.

Our only hope based on draws is for Freo and Carlton to drop out and Hawks and us sneaking in winning all remaining games. Will require a WC upset of Carlton in Perth and Saints to upset Carlton in Marvel also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're definitely still a chance. Fremantle are now very vulnerable, and hopefully either Carlton or Hawthorn will slip up somewhere. We can at least go into next week's game knowing there is plenty to play for.

Why limp into a finals campaign?
Pull the plug. Get those who need surgery in now for maximum recovery time. Miss finals and take the opportunity to have a full preseason. Hit 2025 at full strength and bank those early wins to mitigate the inevitable slump later in the year.
No chance of a Premiership this year, but the bones to challenge next year are there. Let’s not cripple that by going for an unachievable goal this year?
Top 10 to play finals next year so not going to be that hard to get in.

Pull the plug. Get those who need surgery in now for maximum recovery time. Miss finals and take the opportunity to have a full preseason. Hit 2025 at full strength and bank those early wins to mitigate the inevitable slump later in the year.
No chance of a Premiership this year, but the bones to challenge next year are there. Let’s not cripple that by going for an unachievable goal this year?
Do you really believe that, or are you just trying to be controversial?! There might even be a few people on here who agree with you, but I don't understand the thinking at all! Fortunately, the people running the show won't think along those lines! A couple of results went our way yesterday, and it's not at all out of the question that we can sneak into a finals spot if we win our last two games. We're still the reigning champs, and absolutely 'obliged' to keep trying in this campaign. I'd be very annoyed if we didn't. The competition is that even and unpredictable that nothing would surprise - including us winning a game or two if we did get there. There's no really outstanding side, and I'd give us a chance against any of the teams above us, if we brought something near our best game. So we have to keep picking our best side and trying to win.

If your approach could somehow mean we'd go into next season with a fully fit squad it might just have some sort of merit (it still doesn't!), but of course there's no such guarantee! In fact we've already lost one of our brightest young prospects for what is likely to be most of 2025. Next year might end up another horror year for us on the injury front, and with our large group of veteran players a year older, I'm not keen on the idea of scrapping the rest of this year for a slim chance it might help us have a better chance of doing well in 2025!!

Do you really believe that, or are you just trying to be controversial?! There might even be a few people on here who agree with you, but I don't understand the thinking at all! Fortunately, the people running the show won't think along those lines! A couple of results went our way yesterday, and it's not at all out of the question that we can sneak into a finals spot if we win our last two games. We're still the reigning champs, and absolutely 'obliged' to keep trying in this campaign. I'd be very annoyed if we didn't. The competition is that even and unpredictable that nothing would surprise - including us winning a game or two if we did get there. There's no really outstanding side, and I'd give us a chance against any of the teams above us, if we brought something near our best game. So we have to keep picking our best side and trying to win.

If your approach could somehow mean we'd go into next season with a fully fit squad it might just have some sort of merit (it still doesn't!), but of course there's no such guarantee! In fact we've already lost one of our brightest young prospects for what is likely to be most of 2025. Next year might end up another horror year for us on the injury front, and with our large group of veteran players a year older, I'm not keen on the idea of scrapping the rest of this year for a slim chance it might help us have a better chance of doing well in 2025!!
Soooo, you're saying there's a chance?!?

Soooo, you're saying there's a chance?!?
Yes, there is still a chance! It's a slim one, but Fremantle (who play GWS and Port) are now looking very shaky, so we might just nab their spot. We'd still need to win our last two games, of course, and have someone out of Carlton, Hawthorn and the Bulldogs slip up, but that could easily happen given the number of surprising results we're seeing in recent times.

You’re advocating a loser mentality- that’s not Fly’s style.

I’d rather be there and give it a shot. While we are not at our best and missing key personnel, we beat the team that was second for most of the year last week and just dropped a game we shouldn’t of against the team that was supposed to be clear premiers.
Tells me that this is a year where any team on their day can get over the line more than any other year.

I’d rather be there and give it a shot. While we are not at our best and missing key personnel, we beat the team that was second for most of the year last week and just dropped a game we shouldn’t of against the team that was supposed to be clear premiers.
Tells me that this is a year where any team on their day can get over the line more than any other year.
We are better than all the teams in the 8.
Missing Mitchell and Mihocek bigtime.

We'd need some freakish and unlikely results to go our way from here.

There are only a few positives in missing finals; early surgeries, 2-5 weeks more pre-season and an easier fixture.

That said we will never get a properly balanced "easier" fixture because we will always get certain teams twice no matter how poor or good they're going, go maximise attendance.

I'd rather make it, because that drives a winning culture, but it's safe to say we won't be progressing any further up the ladder from here.

We'd need some freakish and unlikely results to go our way from here.

There are only a few positives in missing finals; early surgeries, 2-5 weeks more pre-season and an easier fixture.

That said we will never get a properly balanced "easier" fixture because we will always get certain teams twice no matter how poor or good they're going, go maximise attendance.

I'd rather make it, because that drives a winning culture, but it's safe to say we won't be progressing any further up the ladder from here.
What’s our best outcome for today? Hawks get spammed and Adelaide beat the Dogs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Road to the Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back