MRP / Trib. Robbie 1 game

Remove this Banner Ad

If the AFL had real balls, they would overturn this utter joke of a decision, but no, it's a corrupt system and we're expected to bend over and just take it.

**** you AFL you greedy bastards, **** you.

Oh and “run away from the contest” was used as a legitimate option. What a ****ing joke. You know you’ve reached peak stupidity when such a ****ing moronic option is given as a legitimate option for a player.

Gray also had the option of doing cartwheels. This is the level of stupidity of the argument that the tribunal upheld.

Oh and “run away from the contest” was used as a legitimate option.

For serious?

**** me dead.

For the lulz, two teams should have an agreement that on the first centre bounce of a match, everyone runs as far away from the ball as they can.

Imagine that, a ball sitting in the centre of the ground having rolled to a complete stop, and 18 players in each goal-square for a whole quarter, completely safe. Sure, it's ridiculous, but so is the decision.

With our recent history with the MRP Mr Magoo would of noticed this would of never been upturned. As a member, I’m more pissed we wasted the 10k in coin on this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, when all was said and done I was glad Cotchin got off and played in last years grand final. But the very definition of "dangerous precedent" in this sport must surely be the AFL's tacit approval of illegal, rough play in Preliminary Finals via the dismissal of his case last September. Please AFL, don't insult us all with this "dangerous precent" bullshit you've cooked up here. Plebs.

Yup. I tried to swap Hodge (most disliked player) for Gray in my mind and then consider should they get suspended for one match. The answer is still No.

Perhaps I don't understand the new rules. A precedent has now ybeen set.

I don't think medical reports should have anything to do with the tribunal. Except assisting with the location of the hit (if video is not conclusive). The aftermath/ injury recovery has nothing to do with the intent of the player.

Why did it cost 10k to contest it though?

Are the energy and resources spent on reevaluating the incident that laborious, or is it merely a deterrent/punishment from the AFL to any clubs wanting to question their decision?

Sad that clubs aren't afforded open appeals in trying to understand where they went wrong, and how they can educate their players on the rules of the game BEFORE the season starts proper.

With our recent history with the MRP Mr Magoo would of noticed this would of never been upturned. As a member, I’m more pissed we wasted the 10k in coin on this.
The only joke is by us for contesting it.

In the past three years I've dropped $360 into the premiership fund alone.

If every dollar of that went into the powder for our QC's wig I'd be fine with it.

Why did it cost 10k to contest it though?

10k is the penalty for not taking the "early plea" and being unsuccessful in the challenge. In the past it would have been an increased suspension period.

Just posting this to remind people that one of the best things about AFL is that it is a contact sport - and players don't pull out of contests...

Read somewhere on our board about someone here saying they love the club but are starting to hate the game. Pretty much sums up my feelings at this point and it makes me sad because this is only the tip of the iceberg. You just know any Port players minor indiscretion will cop the maximum punishment in relation to Vic players. We've seen it enough times to know.

Spot on. When the two expansion clubs came in the AFL product as a whole significantly diminished. The AFL was struggling enough with 16 teams to create an even competition that had talent across the board. With the addition of 2 extra clubs, the talent pool has essentially remained the same, but now it's being divided by 18 as opposed to 16. On one hand the AFL claims that the even-ness of the competition shows how great the game is, when the reality is that there are too many teams in the competition to actually have a multitude of elite players on any one team, but rather, you have an extra 80-85 guys in the league who wouldn't have merited a spot on a list 10 years ago. Sure, the times have changed and player standards are much higher than before, but overall, the competition has turned into an absolute shit show. Unless Port are playing I will rarely if ever watch AFL games anymore. Would much rather watch a game of league instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Robbie 1 game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back