Rolling Ashes Squad Thread, now featuring Haddin XII v Hick XII beginning p. 147

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just putting it out there that Wade's keeping is Test standard. He kept really well in the 2017 tour of India to SOK and Lyon (he just couldn't buy a run). I certainly dont think there is much between him and Bairstow/Buttler.
Didn't he let a record amount of byes through in one of those matches?

In the second division of the County?

Completely untrue. Even if it was true, what's your point? He's dominated on the Australia A tour showing he has "the game" to make runs in England.
He averaged 30 against the red ball only making one score.

Also the fact Labuschange played div 2 is alway brought up, and then people say “but Wade made three 100’s on the A tour” yet you forget two of them are made on roads against the white Kookaburra in one day games against division 2 county sides.

Hahahaha you haven't stopped sooking in this thread about Wade, yet are complaining that a bloke who averages a whole total of 4 more runs than Wade at Test level (much smaller sample size which ONLY includes an Australian summer too) won't get selected. At least be consistent.
No I would pick Bangers. But if you were Harris you would be filthy that Bangers is picked over you on County form but then Wade gets the nod over Lab on Shield form

I'm just putting it out there that Wade's keeping is Test standard. He kept really well in the 2017 tour of India to SOK and Lyon (he just couldn't buy a run). I certainly dont think there is much between him and Bairstow/Buttler.
And there's the Elephant in the room. If you're going to play Wade anyway do you really need Paine? Apart from his captaincy.

There are some selection inconsistencies across the board if that current rumoured team is true.

Wade picked predominantly on shield form and Harris left out despite it (although the hundred against the Lions counts more than Harris's against Sussex). Bancroft picked on County form and scoring runs on what has essentially been despite minefield during the Intra squad match, meanwhile Lab with 400 more runs this county season than Bancroft and the 3rd highest score in the Intra squad match looks like he will miss out.

Whoever misses out will be unlucky but I don't think you can really say any of them deserve to play over the other.

Just need consistency, either pick Bangers and Lab or Harris and Wade.

looks like there are 8 locks at the moment with the other 9 tourists fighting for the remaining 3 spots.

Bancroft/Harris
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Labuschagne/Wade/M.Marsh
Paine
Pattinson
Cummins
Hazlewood/Starc/Siddle/Neser
Lyon

Either of those blokes would be preferable to Bancroft - incumbent openers who have hardly done anything wrong. Renshaw all over again - Langer just campaigning to get his WA buddies in the side.

Harris played for WA mate. This State bias is a load of absolute rubbish.

How about Harris averages more than 30...Bancroft was our best bat in SA

And there's the Elephant in the room. If you're going to play Wade anyway do you really need Paine? Apart from his captaincy.

Yes we need Paine. Do you want to be dropping Root early? I sure as anything don’t. Paine averages 35 with the bat in test cricket let’s not pretend he’s averaging 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I would pick Bangers. But if you were Harris you would be filthy that Bangers is picked over you on County form but then Wade gets the nod over Lab on Shield form
Wade is getting picked by being the form batsman in the Country for close to 18 months. Harris earned a spot for Australia this Summer and failed to make the most of his opportunities and was given a chance to play for his spot in the team and missed out again.

I love shitting on our selectors but it is hard to have a go at them for that.

Test records for the two are incredibly similar

Yep except Bancroft hasn’t had the luxury of stat padding against SL. Plus Bancroft at short leg is elite. Fielding would come into it.

Yet Wade who can’t keep and averages 28 should have his spot

Wade shouldn’t have Paine’s spot that would be beyond a joke. Our side has improved the minute we stop picking a bloke who can’t keep and was average as anything with the bat. Might have improved his batting but I’m not gambling on his keeping.

Wade is getting picked by being the form batsman in the Country for close to 18 months. Harris earned a spot for Australia this Summer and failed to make the most of his opportunities and was given a chance to play for his spot in the team and missed out again.

I love s**tting on our selectors but it is hard to have a go at them for that.
Yet Harris has out performed Wade over the past two Shield seasons. The bloke hasn’t been the form batsmen over the past two years

He played England in Aus not much different. Also that Sri Lankan team won in South Africa

England’s batting was trash but they still had very good bowlers in Broad and Anderson

Do not rate Harris’ technique against a moving ball. Bancroft has a mountain of runs in these conditions. Harris might get a go on the flatter decks back home

Yet Harris has out performed Wade over the past two Shield seasons. The bloke hasn’t been the form batsmen over the past two years

They aren’t competing for the same spot. It’s either Laubashgne or Wade....or Marsh

Should be Laubashgne or Head.

Even though you’d consider it they aren’t dropping the only vice captain in the squad especially when the other in Hazelwood isn’t a certainty

Head did bat well last summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back