Rolling Ashes Squad Thread, now featuring Haddin XII v Hick XII beginning p. 147

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wade has been from the second half of the 2017/18 season up until the end of the 2019 season. Off the top of my head I think he made about 600 runs at around 65 in that second half of last season. Him and Renshaw were unstoppable at the start of 2018.

He only made 654 runs for the whole 17-18 season at 40 odd

He only made 654 runs for the whole 17-18 season at 40 odd
Yeh wasn't quite as much as I thought. The vast majority of those runs came in the 2nd half of the season though. That was when the traction for him to make a return began.

Edit - he made 3 tons and a 50 in that 6 match period.

Yeh wasn't quite as much as I thought. The vast majority of those runs came in the 2nd half of the season though. That was when the traction for him to make a return began.

Tassie does have one of the greenest pitches and their side sucked so hard he was coming in at 2,3 or 4 for nothing.

They aren’t competing for the same spot. It’s either Laubashgne or Wade....or Marsh

That’s not the point is it? You can’t say Wade has been the form bat for the last two years when it’s just not the case. The form batsmen of the last two years who has finished 2nd and 12th on the leading run scorers list

That’s not the point is it? You can’t say Wade has been the form bat for the last two years when it’s just not the case. The form batsmen of the last two years who has finished 2nd and 12th on the leading run scorers list

You do have to consider the sides they played in and the pitch. The MCG is a disgraceful cricket pitch at the moment, Junction not much better. It’s a flat road. Very easy for players with iffy techniques to get runs there.

Tassie isn’t, it’s green and it moves a fair bit. Wade has shown an ability to play an innings where he bats time. That is probably the main thing. Harris getting 25 off 30 is worse than Bancroft getting 20 off 80. At least the second one the number 3 is in with the shine off the Duke ball

We batted well. They are still world class bowlers.

The Bancroft selection is fine it’s conditions based.

I would select Bancroft as I have said but you can’t can Harris test record and rate Bancroft’s that’s all I am saying.

Bancroft 8 tests, 402 runs at 30.92 3 50s
Harris 6 tests, 327 runs at 32.70 2 50s

I would select Bancroft as I have said but you can’t can Harris test record and rate Bancroft’s that’s all I am saying.

Bancroft 8 tests, 402 runs at 30.92 3 50s
Harris 6 tests, 327 runs at 32.70 2 50s

Bancroft is better in these conditions, his County record says that.

Bancroft is better in these conditions, his County record says that.
Can you not see how contradicting that is. Bangers over Harris on county form yet Wade over Lab on Shield form despite Labs county form being better than Bangers and Harris Shield form being better than Wades.

You have to pick both the blokes who have been in England making first class runs

Can you not see how contradicting that is. Bangers over Harris on county form yet Wade over Lab on Shield form despite Labs county form being better than Bangers and Harris Shield form being better than Wades.

You have to pick both the blokes who have been in England making first class runs

Wade has scored runs in the Aus A games, that's as good as Division 2 County runs. It's much as to be honest, both have severe faults. Whoever gets the spot, it's likely the other will get a chance before the end of the series anyway. We aren't leaving out a bloke who is going to average 50, both are likely going to average 20-25.

Nice to see Langer resuming his love affair with Bancroft if rumours are true. Harris should be filthy.
Sssshhh don’t bad mouth the messiah. He’s above reproach ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wade has scored runs in the Aus A games, that's as good as Division 2 County runs. It's much as to be honest, both have severe faults. Whoever gets the spot, it's likely the other will get a chance before the end of the series anyway. We aren't leaving out a bloke who is going to average 50, both are likely going to average 20-25.
Wade made runs in one dayers against div 2 sides it’s not comparable at all

Are you serious? If the reported team plays of course Harris would be dirty and rightly so. On one hand he is picking blokes on the back of Shield runs in Wade and then Harris gets overlooked despite a better season in the Shield. His set to be replaced by a guy who made 700 runs in county cricket as opposed to to Wade who is going to get picked over a bloke who has made 1100 runs in the same comp
Look I want Wade in but you’re right about their flip flopping standards.

This selection panel haven’t got a Scooby doo

Don't rate either of them to be honest. It's not a big deal who they pick at 6.

What is important is not having an opener with a flawed technique in Harris.

This panel deserve Australian of the Year awards if they finally leave Starc out though

Look I want Lab because I believe they should reward the blokes that came and made runs in England. But I can see the arguments for Wade but as I have said the selectors have to be consistent.

Made a 100 in the 4 day match against the Lions. All but 1 of the bowlers in that side play div 1 and Ollie Robinson wouldn't look out of place playing div 1.

This panel deserve Australian of the Year awards if they finally leave Starc out though
Not for me.

They have ****ed with Maxwell’s career endlessly. He never gets a chance to show application as they pick him in meaningless odi matches not Shield games.

They tell guys that batting spots are open and tons get you in. He does and is overlooked still.

Continuously pick both Marsh’s, then there was that time they were daft enough to select Nevill, Henriques and SOK.

Our selectors as seeds showed haven’t got a clue.

Omitting Starc doesn’t erase years of ineptitude

So we are picking a bloke of 1 score?
Lol. I'm one of the ones that wanted Marnus to play but there isn't much between the two in there last 12 or so red ball matches. Just pointing out that he hasn't only made runs against div 2 in one dayers.

I think Starc under a bit of injury cloud don't no why there dropping him his class act taking so many 5fa and why would you leave him if they do leave him out it has to be Hazlewood over Siddle

Not for me.

They have f’ed with Maxwell’s career endlessly. He never gets a chance to show application as they pick him in meaningless odi matches not Shield games.

They tell guys that batting spots are open and tons get you in. He does and is overlooked still.

Continuously pick both Marsh’s, then there was that time they were daft enough to select Nevill, Henriques and SOK.

Our selectors as seeds showed haven’t got a clue and don’t have a clue

Omitting Starc doesn’t erase years of ineptitude

Over Maxwell anyway, the bloke just doesn't have a brain while batting. Yeah he might have benefited by being able to play Shield or County, but in the World Cup he had opportunities to show he can play a substantial innings and failed every single time.

At least omitting starc is better than playing him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back