Roos Brisbane - Worst umpiring ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Joel Patfull holding the ball ( resulting in daniel wells goal) was one of the worst descions i have ever seen. Closely followed by the Simon black Holding the ball ( which also ended in a goal?). Luke Darcy made a good point about how the umpires allow the player to just drop the ball in the tackle, so much for the old rule. Dropping the ball isnt even making a genuine attempt to dispose of it anyway... :confused:

Better team still won but the umps were poor today and ruined what could have been a tighter contest

Seriously funny.

The 3 second quarter free kick goals to Brisbane were disturbingly bad.

You should consider yourselves lucky that you didn't cop a 100+ point flogging.

Seriously funny.

The 3 second quarter free kick goals to Brisbane were disturbingly bad.

You should consider yourselves lucky that you didn't cop a 100+ point flogging.

Enjoy missing out on the 8 and continuing to go nowhere.

There was some shocking umpiring today but probably still not quite as bad as the Sydney v Freo debacle last week. No surprise that Razor Ray was involved in both.

No doubt Gieschen will spin his usual bullshit to defend it and Adrian Anderson will pull out some bullshit figures to suggest that the umpiring is better than ever.

Umpiring was fairly ordinary both ways, both in terms of decisions and non-decisions. If it wasn't for the number of out on the fulls by Brisbane's bad kicking the overall count would have been fairly close.

I'm pretty sure they don't get included in the free kick stats

They got an arm chair ride today.

Take out Simon Black, the umpiring and Norths poor kicking and they would have lost by 25 goals.

If you took out Black the Lions would be without a huge majority of regular top grade players. If you guys were missing your best players and we had a full top grade squad you'd have lost by 25 goals I'm sure.

Anyway these rules need to be revised.

I believe that:

If a player picks the ball up and ducks their head into what would have been an otherwise lower torso tackle - play on.

If a player is on his feet and picks the ball up in traffic, he should be allowed the opportunity to lift his head and not get pinged if tackled. I can handle it if a player is already grounded and decides it's a good idea to pick it up as opposed to swatting it away getting penalised.

If a player is running with the ball (with reasonable space and opportunity) and gets hit causing the ball to spill, it is an incorrect disposal. The tackler must be rewarded for hard running.

If a player marks or receives a free, it should be him and him only who can play the advantage, whether that be by foot, handpass, slap etc. If a reasonable advantage hasn't occured from that movement, bring it back!

Last but not least, umpires should only reward a free if it is with no doubt it occurred. A blindside umpire cannot get whistle happy and ping someone who may have threw the ball or put hands in the back. if you didn't see it ACTUALLY happen, don't pay it.

It's time to harden this game up. I'd prefer to see more ball ups from scrimmages than baseless free kicks. If the game slows down so be it, but make it fair.

There was some shocking umpiring today but probably still not quite as bad as the Sydney v Freo debacle last week. No surprise that Razor Ray was involved in both.

No doubt Gieschen will spin his usual bullshit to defend it and Adrian Anderson will pull out some bullshit figures to suggest that the umpiring is better than ever.

It's a concern that the Gieschen/Anderson are so defensive of the current rules interpretation. Supporters aren't stupid , they know a bad decision when they see it. And we all know that mistakes are made by umpires and "rub of the green which basically means fups" but what we are seeing now is not casual errors but institutionalized umpiring mistakes. When people like Anderson and Gieschen stamp out all logical opposition argument that is the biggest concern.

Enjoy finishing 18th next year:thumbsu:

That was one of the worst games I have ever seen us play and we still pantsed you by 40+.

Well at least GWS will have some competition for the spoon next year.

Enjoy relocating to Tasmania in a couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i agree, the umpiring today was horrendous. we definitely got some handy calls our way. the way i see it tho, its just payback for when we played brissy earlier this year when simon black netball passed a ball at a crucial stage in the last quarter. cost us the game that day, but today we were the better team and deserved the win

i agree, the umpiring today was horrendous. we definitely got some handy calls our way. the way i see it tho, its just payback for when we played brissy earlier this year when simon black netball passed a ball at a crucial stage in the last quarter. cost us the game that day, but today we were the better team and deserved the win

As opposed to last year when Black was incorrectly penalised for a throw in the last minute against North?

Our own supporters don't exactly have a great reputation but North fans have gone past Hawthorn fans to take the mantle when it comes to umpire sooking.

Agree.... but I don't want them to have any influence. I'd rather two fair contests between us and Brisbane than two games determined through umpiring (I think we would have won anyway - but you never know). Just put the whistle away.

The worst umpired game this season was the Essendon vs North game. I recorded almost 20 "blatant" umpiring errors in that game.

I'll have to review this game before I make a decision where this one sits.

LOL. I wouldn't even rate this game as the worst umpired game for Brisbane. Last week's game was worst. Not to mention the Round 1 game vs Fremantle and the game against the Gold Coast, which on second thoughts is probably the worst umpired game i've ever seen.

ah yes, the "it's the first game of the gold coast give them everything and take nothing from them" game. that was the worst umpiring i've seen, have to agree there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos Brisbane - Worst umpiring ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back