Roos Brisbane - Worst umpiring ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just admit it, you're completely offended that you weren't gifted the rub of the green for the first time ever.

Out of interest, do you advocate we ditch the handpass in favour of a rugby style throw? It seems like you do :confused:

Dont be stupid, no one who follows this game will ever advocate anything like that and the incident I believe you're referring to happened right at the end of the game. Its the 7 dubious free kicks given to your team in the first 3 quarters that resulted in goals that made the umpiring a farce.

I love the way some people act if that free kick 'cost North the game'. The goal that the Black throw led to, was worth 6 points. North lost by 14.
Hmmm, maybe the 14-pt margin was influenced by the Black throw that wasn't paid, the Wells tap-on a minute later that WAS somehow paid as a throw, the 50 (for a certain goal) paid against McMahon when the Lions player interfered with him on the mark........

Hmmm, maybe the 14-pt margin was influenced by the Black throw that wasn't paid, the Wells tap-on a minute later that WAS somehow paid as a throw, the 50 (for a certain goal) paid against McMahon when the Lions player interfered with him on the mark........

Nope, that one wasn't picked up either and it went straight down your end only for Petrie to miss a pretty easy shot. If only he kicked it, then we wouldn't have to listen to this tripe.:rolleyes:

OMG, watching that game today. I near spewed on the Plasma when I'm sure it was Patful was pinned for holding the ball! Bewildering:eek: I hope none of those umps got their pay today.

You mean the one Wells WASN'T called for? Who needs facts :rolleyes:

The media are as much to blame as anyone ( excluding umpiring dept ), how many times a game do you hear the commentators say ' that was incorrect ' or 'that was a tough call' or the old chestnut ' that was a soft free', yet come Monday it all gets swept under the carpet. If the media was not going to put the pressure on the umpiring dept after last weekends round that saw the Sydney v Freo, Adel v Essendon, and Bris v Geelong debacles they never will.

Any ideas on how the fans can raise their displeasure at the umpiring dept and rules committee as the media seeems unwilling to run with it.

Brisbane were r*ped.

North probably would have won anyway, but it would have been much closer.

And no I DGAF that North have been on the end of some shit ones this year (which a couple of weren't that bad at all) this was still a terrible game of umpiring.

The media are as much to blame as anyone ( excluding umpiring dept ), how many times a game do you hear the commentators say ' that was incorrect ' or 'that was a tough call' or the old chestnut ' that was a soft free', yet come Monday it all gets swept under the carpet. If the media was not going to put the pressure on the umpiring dept after last weekends round that saw the Sydney v Freo, Adel v Essendon, and Bris v Geelong debacles they never will.

Any ideas on how the fans can raise their displeasure at the umpiring dept and rules committee as the media seeems unwilling to run with it.

They couldn't give a rats arse about non-Vic teams.

If Collingwood had copped the umpiring that Brisbane has received in the last two weeks, Ray Chamberlain would currently be giving evidence to a senate inquiry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst umpiring in a Brisbane game since last week.

My suspicion is that there's a view amongst the umpires that the Lions have a strategy of deliberately trying to hold onto the ball as long as possible when tackled, and so they look for HTBs much more closely.

To be fair, there's only been one Roos-Lions game this season where the umpiring may well have had an impact on the result, and it wasn't yesterday.

I have never seen so much........

[youtube]FdBDfUCpBFg[/youtube]

.....as that exhibited by the Brisbane side yesterday.

I suspect that they actually practice walking around with their arms held out horizontally at training.

I am also scratching my head trying to remember when I saw a team of footballers propel themselves forward and lay prostrate on the ground at every opportunity, when they knew they had an opponent on their heels.

This resulted in some woeful first half decisions, and it wouldn't at all surprise me to find out that the umpires reviewed the tape at half time and decided to square the ledger in the second half.

Chamberlain in particular, was beyond abysmal. If he umpires AFL again, then something is very wrong.

I suspect that they actually practice walking around with their arms held out horizontally at training.

I suspect that you know very well that you got an armchair ride from the maggots yesterday and that you are launching a silly counter-attack as a form of deflection.

Come on mate...it wasn't even a Lions supporter who started this thread.

.....and the "neutrals who have contributed seem pretty universal in their opinion as to which side got shafted.

I suspect that you know very well that you got an armchair ride from the maggots yesterday and that you are launching a silly counter-attack as a form of deflection.

Come on mate...it wasn't even a Lions supporter who started this thread.

.....and the "neutrals who have contributed seem pretty universal in their opinion as to which side got shafted.

I don't think anyone would argue the 2 holding the ball and the 1 advantage were not terrible decisions by the umpires. But every team get terrible decisions - however when you are on top like the Pies then a couple a terrible decisions a game really do not matter very much - however when you are losing they become a lot worse and a main focus.

Easy to blame the umps instead of Voss in the coaching box or the players who can't get the job done. The umpring turns when the team is back up on top. Not that it is any better - just not an issue.

Easy to blame the umps instead of Voss in the coaching box or the players who can't get the job done.

Yes, but last time I checked, this is the umpiring board.

Plenty of threads about the Brisbane coach & the Brisbane list on, funnily enough, the Brisbane board.

Umpiring all season has been laughably bad (or would have been if it wasn't deciding games). Unfortunately it seems to be getting worse.

Lucky we have Geischen to justify all the calls on "What's Your Decision"

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos Brisbane - Worst umpiring ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back