Roos pull 'sick' video off the Net

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not upset. Just think its pathetic, and even more so that people cant figure why some may think it is sick. Know any DV victims? Rape victims?
Would they find it funny? Would any Kanga women who are victims of above possibly look upon their heroes in a lesser light now, maybe??

My thoughts would not be any different if it were my club either.

Well I hope you came out just as strong when Hawthorn chose to get an injunction on the "Magnificent 7"?

Because after all making a video about a rubber chicken involved in sexual acts is a far more socially irresponsible act than taking drugs:rolleyes:

Wouldn't want all those young kiddies out there thinking it's cool to take drugs because their footy heroes do. Would have been a good opportunity for Hawthorn to name and shame these players and send out a positive message that its not ok.

Q Why did the chicken cross the road?

A To join the casting call for Litte Boris 2: Electric Boogaloo
A To avoid the North Melbourne players

Rubber Chicken, you're the one,
you make bath time so much fun,
Rubber Chicken, I'm awfully fond of you!

Thanks from everyone over at the Adelaide Crows!

Your views are exactly why I have never had a problem with Geelong and its supporters. Hawthorn on the other hand is a bunch of w***ers.

I wish I could say a few things on the issue by using an analogy or two, but I don't wish to create more work for TT.

Thanks EH :thumbsu:

The fact is, many people would love to say many things on this subject, but the story itself is proof enough that an internet chat room is not a legal free for all.

Please everyone, be mindful that we can't go alledging things we don't have proof of......particularly naming of names!

Cheers and carry on.

Q Why did the chicken cross the road?

A To join the casting call for Litte Bocky 2: Electric Boogaloo
A To avoid the North Melbourne players

Rubber Chicken, you're the one,
you make bath time so much fun,
Rubber Chicken, I'm awfully fond of you!

Thanks from everyone over at the Adelaide Crows!

Edited.

We decided to rename him in Nathan's honour.

Well I hope you came out just as strong when Hawthorn chose to get an injunction on the "Magnificent 7"?

Because after all making a video about a rubber chicken involved in sexual acts is a far more socially irresponsible act than taking drugs:rolleyes:

Wouldn't want all those young kiddies out there thinking it's cool to take drugs because their footy heroes do. Would have been a good opportunity for Hawthorn to name and shame these players and send out a positive message that its not ok.
Yes I came out strongly.
Wasnt Hawthorn who got the injunction by the way. It was AFLPA. In theory the Club should still not know who the players are. But given you and I do, I'm sure they do too.

I saw a video on the Herald Sun and if that was it then talk about a mountain out of a mole hill. The only obscenity in it was the music, which is actually something which isn't censored in this day and age of feel good political correctness.

I'm not sure if they edited out a lot of it but I didn't see anything suggesting the frozen chicken didn't consent to anything the rubber chicken did and there wasn't any violence in the herald sun video.

So, not sure what people are bitching and moaning about.

Not upset. Just think its pathetic, and even more so that people cant figure why some may think it is sick. Know any DV victims? Rape victims?
Would they find it funny? Would any Kanga women who are victims of above possibly look upon their heroes in a lesser light now, maybe??

My thoughts would not be any different if it were my club either.

No. Not me, at least. I think it's immature and pretty f***ing stupid to be posting this on social networking sites when several players are happy to add fans as friends. I also find myself wondering that if they had the time to film this, they probably had the time to train more which may have helped us last week.

Like it or not though, jokes are made about domestic violence all the time. Just turn on an episode of 'Family Guy'. I can see why people untouched by this issue would see the humour in it. It's a bit off-putting, but I wouldn't go so far as to classify it as sick, and I wouldn't lose too much respect for the players involved. There's a big difference between naively cracking jokes about domestic violence and rape, and actually perpetrating it. And really, if every victim of domestic violence got upset about every single immature joke we heard, we'd have pretty miserable lives.

Just heard snippet of 3pm presser. Eugene and Simmo 10/10. Boomer 6/10.

The club is taking the view that every player is responsible from those who made it, to those who watched it, to those who allowed it to go onto Facebook. If someone had the smarts to speak up it would never have come to this.

Marked Boomer down because he spoke in circles and was unconvincing. Simmo was fantastic - said of the players: "we're all embarrassed. It was a stupid pre-season prank gone wrong." At one stage he said "what were they thinking?" giving the impression that he hadn't known about it.

Apparently it was designed to relieve the boredom at the end of a long, grinding pre-season.

Now for Sam and the Footy Show....

Like it or not though, jokes are made about domestic violence all the time. Just turn on an episode of 'Family Guy'. I can see why people untouched by this issue would see the humour in it. It's a bit off-putting, but I wouldn't go so far as to classify it as sick, and I wouldn't lose too much respect for the players involved. There's a big difference between naively cracking jokes about domestic violence and rape, and actually perpetrating it. And really, if every victim of domestic violence got upset about every single immature joke we heard, we'd have pretty miserable lives.

On SEN today, Jeff Kennett, whilst choosing his words very carefully, made pretty much the same point as you did.

Now for Sam and the Footy Show....

I haven't gone through the entire thread, so I'm not sure if this point has been made. Whilst the sports writers of the Age are getting all bothered about the moral issues of the video, they should probably look at the drawing of Sam Newman that was on the cover of the Green Guide two weeks ago.

No. Not me, at least. I think it's immature and pretty f***ing stupid to be posting this on social networking sites when several players are happy to add fans as friends. I also find myself wondering that if they had the time to film this, they probably had the time to train more which may have helped us last week.

Well said. Firstly, the reason it's funny (or rather perceived to be funny - I haven't seen it so I don't know) is because its extreme behaviour. I imagine prison rape isn't especially funny either but there must be a thousand movies that have a prison rape joke in them - Flying High, Fletch II, Something about mary, just off the top of my head... How many of those wearing the halos out there laughed at one of those movies? Racism's pretty bad too, but there are some great movies which make fun of racism by displaying it.

Secondly, no one broke any laws, no real chickens died in the making of this movie, all they are guilty of is "bad" taste (and again, I haven't seen it so I don't know).

The biggest beat-up of all time by far.

i wonder what is happening to our over the top politically correct world, if you cant have a bit of fun with the classical rubber chook and a frozen chicken,

the song was a bit too much, but how many music videos go further that clip did.

every night you turn on tv well see things ten times worse, lighten up world, or youll go crazy.

miss kate 18 your 100% correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw a video on the Herald Sun and if that was it then talk about a mountain out of a mole hill. The only obscenity in it was the music, which is actually something which isn't censored in this day and age of feel good political correctness.

I'm not sure if they edited out a lot of it but I didn't see anything suggesting the frozen chicken didn't consent to anything the rubber chicken did and there wasn't any violence in the herald sun video.

So, not sure what people are bitching and moaning about.

a 4 min video edited to less than 2 min, I wonder if anything is missing...

Are we all bringing rubber chickens on Sunday?

Do we all know to buy our chicken from Errol St IGA?

Why did Simmo front the press conference alongside Boomer?

Simmo isn't even apart of the leadership group anymore. Interesting.

Perhaps this is a sign that the club doesn't have full faith in Boomer's ability to deal with a crisis/leadership ability.

Chicken_Hawk_Small.gif

miss kate put it very well, it really is a huge beat up.

They should learn their lessons and by tomorrow forget the whole thing ever happened and focus on the match this weekend.

If they are going to make their own culture then the best thing they can do is to give the Hawks a pounding this sunday. Nothing will disappoint me more than if they don't come to play.

Why did Simmo front the press conference alongside Boomer?

Simmo isn't even apart of the leadership group anymore. Interesting.

Perhaps this is a sign that the club doesn't have full faith in Boomer's ability to deal with a crisis/leadership ability.

Might have been filmed while Simmo was still captain- just speculating here, but that's the only reason that comes to mind.

Herald Sun didn't say what they showed was edited. So I don't know what if anything was left out.

Irrespective, we are talking about a rubber chicken and a frozen chicken, I'll bring both to the game assuming you are bringing your stash of crack and cocaine in honour of your boys.

i wonder what is happening to our over the top politically correct world, if you cant have a bit of fun with the classical rubber chook and a frozen chicken,

the song was a bit too much, but how many music videos go further that clip did.

every night you turn on tv well see things ten times worse, lighten up world, or youll go crazy.

miss kate 18 your 100% correct.

yep. anyone remember chook lotto and plucka duck from Hey Hey? its a footy club, stuff like that happens, it just should be kept in house. now where is the Crazy Q man and that beer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back