Player Watch Rory Laird

Remove this Banner Ad

what is his contract status? other clubs get great immerging talent and bingo you hear they are offering contract extensions. this young fella needs to be locked away he is that good.make no mistake barring injury he is going to be around for a long time get him locked away now!

what is his contract status? other clubs get great immerging talent and bingo you hear they are offering contract extensions. this young fella needs to be locked away he is that good.make no mistake barring injury he is going to be around for a long time get him locked away now!

Now is probably the time for Laird to be looking at extending his contract. If he did it earlier than now he'd have cost himself some money. His recent performances should earn him a nice raise!

Now is probably the time for Laird to be looking at extending his contract. If he did it earlier than now he'd have cost himself some money. His recent performances should earn him a nice raise!

I'd see out the season, earn a rising star nom - maybe even pull off a suprise (very surprising..) win and then negotiate something after the end of season.

The way the lad is acquitting himself he'll only increase his bargaining power.

I'd see out the season, earn a rising star nom - maybe even pull off a suprise (very surprising..) win and then negotiate something after the end of season.

The way the lad is acquitting himself he'll only increase his bargaining power.

I doubt he would win it, but I wonder if he'll garner any votes in the final tally? That would be a pretty big feather in his cap.

I wonder how many people outside of Adelaide fans have actually noticed him, though.

Currently on the rookie list, with a contract expiring at the end of the year. Highly likely to be given a shiny new 2 or 3 year contract, together with a promotion to the senior list, in the next month or so.

I doubt he would win it, but I wonder if he'll garner any votes in the final tally? That would be a pretty big feather in his cap.

I wonder how many people outside of Adelaide fans have actually noticed him, though.

I'd say none (in answer to the second point).

In answer to the first, it's pretty hard to get votes in the RS, given that the people who vote only give out votes to 5 players. O'Meara and Wines will be everyone's 1-2. The media has had a big fap over Mitchell, you'd think he'd be in there. Which only leaves 2 spots for everyone else to squabble over including guys like Crouch, Mayes, Vlastuin, Mullett, Whitfield...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laird will go his whole career being that guy who is constantly called underrated but is still underrated.

Imo I think he'll struggle to get a nomination, not that it means anything. Even the club doesn't rate him in the bests.

Laird will go his whole career being that guy who is constantly called underrated but is still underrated.

Imo I think he'll struggle to get a nomination, not that it means anything. Even the club doesn't rate him in the bests.
The similarities with Edwards just continue...

Had 5 goals kicked on him by his direct opponents this season from his first 11 games - 3 of those by Garlett in his 2nd game. Doubt there would be many defenders in the AFL with a better result than that this early in their careers.

Where do you go for those stats? Or did you guess at who he was standing for a game and just grab those stats?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rory Laird

Remove this Banner Ad

Back