Player Watch Rory Laird

Remove this Banner Ad

I've loved his play but the fact that he looks like a life-sized garden gnome is a little distracting. I half expected him to pull out a fishing rod yesterday.

Love him after 2 games. Showed more heart, desire and aggression than seasoned veterans - Reilly, McKay. Will be gutted and disillushioned if he gets dropped this week or in the next 5.

Love him after 2 games. Showed more heart, desire and aggression than seasoned veterans - Reilly, McKay. Will be gutted and disillushioned if he gets dropped this week or in the next 5.
won't be dropped this week .......he's a keeper ;) ..... Edwards Mk2

He will need to be rested though which is why the club had him a sub after the heavy ground of last week

You can tell after watching them just once ....superb tackler, stays low, and IMO is mentally tough!!

I think they will rotate someone forward and Johncock will be relegated and Laird will take up a spot in defence. I think he will be our round 11 upgrade as suggested by another poster in a different thread.
Probably, but its a bit early to tell. If Truck or Talia were hurt or out for some reason around that time, Hartigan would have to take precedence, despite how promisingly Laird has started

Is there a little competition for your affection now?

Wash your mouth out :p However Laird can go in the running for the prestigious position of cmndstab's second favourite player. Or actually, that's probably Dangerfield. Or maybe Walker. But the all-important position of cmndstab's fourth favourite player remains an open race!!!

Wash your mouth out :p However Laird can go in the running for the prestigious position of cmndstab's second favourite player. Or actually, that's probably Dangerfield. Or maybe Walker. But the all-important position of cmndstab's fourth favourite player remains an open race!!!
Thought that may have been reserved for yours and rorys first born

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I might bump this thread to recognise the solid footy Laird has played over the last 5-6 weeks. He's looked very composed down back and his hands are very clean - I've rarely seen him fumble - even in our wet games this year.

Just another parting gift from Rendell I suppose!

I like how he's been pushing up the ground a little bit, he uses the ball quite well. That's the benefit of having Brown in there as well, as he is sound enough defensively to cover most small forwards, allowing Rory to be more offensive.

Yeah he really has come into the side and played like he is a 50 game player. Seems to have time and makes good decisions. I keep saying he reminds me of Tyson Edwards in that way. Having seen a number of his games for Westies last year he does have an attacking ability and can take a nice clever mark, again similar to Edwards.
He just has a great head on his shoulders and doesnt seem to do stupid shit like alot of young players do.
Apparently Sando and Milburn love him.

Yeah he really has come into the side and played like he is a 50 game player. Seems to have time and makes good decisions. I keep saying he reminds me of Tyson Edwards in that way. Having seen a number of his games for Westies last year he does have an attacking ability and can take a nice clever mark, again similar to Edwards.
He just has a great head on his shoulders and doesnt seem to do stupid shit like alot of young players do.
Apparently Sando and Milburn love him.
Agree he's a beauty.

I'm hoping Sando and Milburn start to fall in love with young Rory Lyons and Rory Grigg too!

Rory Laird is a GUN. Severely underrated and will play a lot of footy for us.

Yep, officially my favorite player now, love the way he goes about it!

Although it's early stages, the Edwards comparison will be a good fit i think. I never saw Tyson as an elite player - that's reserved for top tier talent like Ablett, Mcleod - but he was very good, consistently, for a very long time. This little bloke just keeps impressing.

Yep, officially my favorite player now, love the way he goes about it!

Although it's early stages, the Edwards comparison will be a good fit i think. I never saw Tyson as an elite player - that's reserved for top tier talent like Ablett, Mcleod - but he was very good, consistently, for a very long time. This little bloke just keeps impressing.
I didn't realise Luke Darcy posted on BF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rory Laird

Remove this Banner Ad

Back