Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. It wouldn't have surprised me if all this sort of stuff came up in the review. We are however required to pay 95% of the salary cap at all times. These means regardless of on field results we must achieve this. So as players go, Rory and Tex weren't the worst ones to overpay. All this comes from incompetence from the Fagan era so your point still stands. We just have to look at why. Also we just lost Lever, Cameron etc and no doubt were trying to starve off any other players leaving.

It’s not hindsight, were you around in 2018?

Go back and look at some of the posts.

I dont know how you can come to such a conclusion. Playing ability compared to off field roles is chalk and cheese. Sloane made it all the way to a GF and knows the professionalism it takes to get there and has the experience of Craig, Bickley, Sanderson, Walsh, Campo, Pyke and Nicks. Played over 100 games with Dangerfield, considered one of the greatest players to play the game. Played over 200 games with Tex, one of the greatest forwards in the game. Played with Smimon Goodwin, Andrew Mcleod, Tyson Edwards and Scott Thompson.

If ever there is an ex player I'd want at the club long after retirement to empart his wisdom it would be Sloane and Tex in a heart beat.

I just can't believe there we are having this discussion.
Want to know what Rory Sloane thinks? Just tell him.

Last paragraph is a great observation.

He is a good contested mark for his height, tough as a bull and a great tackler. Should be playing out his career on a HFF.
They talked about Sloane training across half back in the PS, but it's the usual BS of them saying they're preparing for one thing and then doing another another.

Easier to roll a younger player who won't fight the move like Jones back there than Sloane.

Easier to roll a younger player who won't fight the move like Jones back there than Sloane.
Its the one thing I do like about Current Sloane - he still wants to compete. he worked hard on getting his body right and made a round 1 start well before expectations (R6-7) and has performed at mixed levels - sometimes very high and others stumblin and fumblin in

But you know when push comes to shove Rory will push back - and looking at the differences between Sloane and Walker contract watch is how quiet Tex went (off field) and how much noise seemingly is coming from Rorys side

Which is why the club needs a strong individual and not a mate and not someone he shares pubs with etc.

Get Donald in and let him utter his 2 word mantra

Its the one thing I do like about Current Sloane - he still wants to compete. he worked hard on getting his body right and made a round 1 start well before expectations (R6-7) and has performed at mixed levels - sometimes very high and others stumblin and fumblin in

But you know when push comes to shove Rory will push back - and looking at the differences between Sloane and Walker contract watch is how quiet Tex went (off field) and how much noise seemingly is coming from Rorys side

Which is why the club needs a strong individual and not a mate and not someone he shares pubs with etc.

Get Donald in and let him utter his 2 word mantra

Tex wasn’t quiet last year. Created lots of noise.

Rumours are Sloane has a calf issue, which ultimately could help him get an extension. If he can’t play, his deterioration won’t get highlighted every week and the past few weeks will become a distant memory when the good news comes out about his re-signing.
Yes sadly we are all like goldfish when it comes to the AFC or they have those gizmos used in Men in Black where we all forget what has just happened;

Sloane did he knee over the Easter weekend of 2022 - at the time I was guilty of being relieved because he had been absolutely stinking it up and wanted the young players to have a real crack in the midfiel. His form wasn’t warranting him being first picked.

Fast forward to 2023 - everyone at AFC overjoyed at his rehab and professionalism- yay the prodigal son is back - play him at HF or the wing - nope we need him in the centre. He can be managed - nope play him every game and watch him get caught with the ball, rush disposals and put teammates under the pump - dotted Amongst a few courageous marks, tackles etc. just to keep Nanna Marge happy and warrant his selection.

we are the nicest football club in Australia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warner has already talked about retiring, so he's well ahead of Sloane

I think Sloane will retire. That's my belief anyway. He will announce it in time for the Swans game to be his farewell.

Honestly, if Sloane doesn't he will be out of the side by round 5 and probably retired by round 10 next year. Hopefully the club is honest about this too him. He is likely to be in the Sanfl.

He would have already had his contract extension if he was going to get one. The club loves the Tex/Sloane closeness and would have announced them together if it was going to happen.

I think Sloane will retire. That's my belief anyway. He will announce it in time for the Swans game to be his farewell.

Honestly, if Sloane doesn't he will be out of the side by round 5 and probably retired by round 10 next year. Hopefully the club is honest about this too him. He is likely to be in the Sanfl.

He would have already had his contract extension if he was going to get one. The club loves the Tex/Sloane closeness and would have announced them together if it was going to happen.
He won’t retire voluntarily, it will be a face saving retirement

Someone has. Maybe not Warner.

Nah he has.

Nah he has.

Thats a month old. On C7 news tonight he is just about daring the selectors saying that he will play on.

Quote "Warner has expressed his desire to play his last test in Sydney against Pakistan in January next year though he wants to play on until the 2024 Twenty20 World Cup"

Thats a month old. On C7 news tonight he is just about daring the selectors saying that he will play on.

Quote "Warner has expressed his desire to play his last test in Sydney against Pakistan in January next year though he wants to play on until the 2024 Twenty20 World Cup"

Yeah he doesn't want to retire after the Ashes like was rumoured. He wants to go out on home soil like he previously said.

Sloane said he will play forever

johnny depp disney GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back