News Rosa Re-Signs

Remove this Banner Ad

Proof please?

The response to EasternHills' post came from what Geoffe Miles posted regarding Woosha apparently wanting to trade pick 4. Going by other statements made throughout the year, I inferred that pick 4 would be used to trade for a senior player/s. I also posted that it "seemingly" looks that way. I gave no definitive position in that regard, hence no need of proof.

EDIT: I'll also add that it's been my opinion for a fair while now that Woosha is in self preservation mode.

Dont we get breathing space in the salary cap next year by putting Embley and Cox on the veterans list?? trying to free up salary cap space next year could also be behind Rosa's and Lynch's contracts??

Surely between those 2 moves we can afford 1 blokes salary...

Which means 4 ND picks and upgrading Stevenson?

If that happens it will be very good list management

It's the 2010 salary cap that's the problem. If any of Hansen, Nicoski or Jones are delisted prior to the national draft then the compo they get for missing the final year of their contract will be included in the 2010 cap.

This year we have no veterans, and we're already including Stenglein's payout (whatever that was) in the cap. So if we're going to lump anyone else's 2011 pay into this year then it's highly likely we'll go over.

It's for that reason we can't make too many more delistings before the ND (everyone except Spangher and McKinley seems to be under contract now), and why I think there's going to be no room for Stevo.

Nice try FS. You only say that now after i bring it up to be a smart asse. Your first reaction and comment was to talk about improvement, not performance, just like the rest of them.

Sorry, I didn't realise I only got one crack at it. My mistake, I'm new at this.

I am on the record from a considerabel period of time ago saying we should trade or delist Rosa. You should know because you followed me around in those threads like a bad smell posting attempted retorts at literally everything i said that were full of nothing, just as you posts here are full of nothing except lame attempts at landing a personal blow on me.

Why do keep carrying on telling me i have just made a "poor post" with a frowny face to go with it and telling me about how some of your friends on here don't like me? Do you think i care? Do you think i am worried about what you or any of your friends think? I don't. I would listen to what you have to say even if i don't agree with it if there was any independent opinion with supporting logic in anything you post. But there isn't. There is nothing to even bother replying to the great majority of the time except pathetic attempts to land a blow on me that miss the target by a country mile. Your just an annoyance with nothing to say and that is why i ignore you most of the time.

paging geoff miles back to the woosha coaching super thread

a few people have made a few points there - i assume you have missed them.

I have watched replays of several of our games, with the specific purpose of analysing Rosa's performance. It occurs to me that quite a few people (the noisiest ones) are talking from an orifice other than their mouth.

Rosa's ball use, this season has been good, verging on excellent. He is able to identify open players in damaging positions, namely the corridor and present them with the ball in a well-weighted, well-placed manner. He's no Shannon Hurn, but his kicking is no longer a deficiency and his vision is excellent. Many times, he kicked the ball from the backline, whilst under considerable pressure and found a team mate open, when others in our team would have used a handball that sold their team mate into trouble. That earns big bonus points in my book.

He no longer shirks the physical contest, which concerned me enormously when he first started, in fact, he seeks it and was responsible for a lot of what little blocking that was taking place, around the centre of the ground.

Rosa has done everything I ask in an Eagles player: he's improved every year. He obviously works very hard on his game, so I'm more than happy that he's re-signed with the club and he serves as a beacon to the young players that we need constant improvement from.

Rosa has done everything I ask in an Eagles player: he's improved every year. He obviously works very hard on his game, so I'm more than happy that he's re-signed with the club and he serves as a beacon to the young players that we need constant improvement from.

Done everything YOU asked ? Woosh is that you ? no I suspect its Matty Rosa's mother actually.

We aren't close to a flag. Talk of trading in mature players to boost our short term performances, shows just how out of touch our match committee are.

Firstly, they haven't even traded in ANY players yet. So far it's all talk.

Secondly, the players rumoured to be traded in fill a fairly glaring deficiency and are young enough to be around at the next tilt (except Krak's).

I am a buddhist and don't believe in negativity or positivity.

They are not real concepts and exist only in the eye of the beholder.
Of course they exist only in the eye of the beholder, they are subjective evaluations which could easily differ from person to person and how they see things. Thing is, we all think you're a completely negative whinger.
I could just as easily mount a case that i am the positive one for promoting change and the people resisting it are the negative ones.
Yep, you could......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last three years.

We aren't close to a flag. Talk of trading in mature players to boost our short term performances, shows just how out of touch our match committee are.

Just like last year eh??

I'd love to be targetting a Ryan Griffen or a Joel Selwood.

They have mature bodies and fit exactly what we need.

Other than journo cr@p - I haven't seen any comment from the club that says we are targetting anyone over the age of 24. (With pick 4)

We haven't done that in 8/9 years - I don't see why we would be starting now.

But Pick 4 is there to net us the best available talent - if it means sending it away to get a quality 22 year old - i'm all for it.

Worsfold said (eerily similar to last year) that our first pick is available if a great deal comes along - if it doesn't, like last year - then we use it on a draftee.

I understand out club has made some major blunder - a 2 year contract to Nicoski was one of them - but bagging a club for something you fear they might do when there is no evidence they will do it is either fanciful or fear mongering.

Exactly. If the rumours were true, and Rich was up for trade for Pick 4, we should trade it out in a heartbeat.

I'd rather a 21year old than an 18 year old we will have to wait another 3 years to see if hes going to make it...

Exactly. If the rumours were true, and Rich was up for trade for Pick 4, we should trade it out in a heartbeat.

I'd rather a 21year old than an 18 year old we will have to wait another 3 years to see if hes going to make it...

Nah. Let's wait 12 months and give them pick 12 for him in next tears draft.

Love it, fantastic news. Those dissing the move don't get it - Rosa makes best 22 in every team in the comp - you don't get rid of guys like that easily.

No

- Notte and Wilkes from main list = 2
- Trade Mckinley and Spangher = 2

Total 4 players off main list.
I would suggest only 1 of the 2 above would be a player swap (A.Krakour) and the other would be a late 3rd or 4th rounder which we wont use anyway.

Our picks will be 4, 26 and 28 thats it.
Thanks EA,just out of interest what players from the draft at those picks are your wish list?

I personally think he tried to shop Rosa around and found out that he was about as wanted as a case of terminal herpes.

I think it's likely that the original deal forced Rosa to get his manager to shop him around. If WC shopped him around openly, it'd put relations with Rosa right off-side, and perhaps to the point where he'd be willing to act spitefully and screw the club and leave for nothing.

If their were any suitors for Rosa, WC would then be able to negotiate with the other club/s. By WC staying out of the shopping around of Rosa, they kept their hands clean, no matter which way it eventuated.

If it was WC's intention to have Rosa shopped around without their own direct involvement, their manipulation of the situation was played cleverly.

You would hope he is a depth player from here on in.

Maybe his last contract at the club?

Players of his ilk are just not going to lift you up the ladder.

I have watched replays of several of our games, with the specific purpose of analysing Rosa's performance. It occurs to me that quite a few people (the noisiest ones) are talking from an orifice other than their mouth.

Rosa's ball use, this season has been good, verging on excellent. He is able to identify open players in damaging positions, namely the corridor and present them with the ball in a well-weighted, well-placed manner. He's no Shannon Hurn, but his kicking is no longer a deficiency and his vision is excellent. Many times, he kicked the ball from the backline, whilst under considerable pressure and found a team mate open, when others in our team would have used a handball that sold their team mate into trouble. That earns big bonus points in my book.

He no longer shirks the physical contest, which concerned me enormously when he first started, in fact, he seeks it and was responsible for a lot of what little blocking that was taking place, around the centre of the ground.

I'm with you, Marlin. What Rosa's improvement also shows is that even after the initial 2-3 years of developing into a mature footballer at the club, players who strive to better themselves can still do so.

Rosa was being written off too soon by some who said that if he hasn't made his mark and isn't good enough by now, he'll never be good enough. Rosa has put that theory to rest.

I'm with you, Marlin. What Rosa's improvement also shows is that even after the initial 2-3 years of developing into a mature footballer at the club, players who strive to better themselves can still do so.

Rosa was being written off too soon by some who said that if he hasn't made his mark and isn't good enough by now, he'll never be good enough. Rosa has put that theory to rest.

How?

He's still a mediocre player with suspect skills and an average attack on the ball.

No problems with re-signing Rosa. Am a little surprised he didn't jump at the chance to go home and play with a better side. How much more money could West Coast be offering?

Would not be against trading him this year (if possible). His value is pretty good right now and as some have pointed out, Rosa is not someone you can build around.

And what's with the talk of offering pick #4 for Rich? That's super super crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Rosa Re-Signs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back