News Rosa Re-Signs

Remove this Banner Ad

You're labouring a negative point on a opposition club board and in the process taking potshots at the whole club.

Time to **** off back to the Freo board

He is labouring a fair point though.

The amount of time wasted on this board by people who defend "vanilla" (and worse) mids is staggering. I am fine with Rosa as a player on the list but he needs to develop something to hurt the opposition if he wants to be starting wingman in a decent side...

At present, we could lose most of our starting centreline and we would be no worse off .... thats maynemans point ....

we are defending our version of the McAnus led midfield ...

It would only be a waste of time if you have not faith in your recruitment department.

He is a failed 2nd round pick.

Most clubs, with the guts to make the tough calls would have exported him and back themselves in to make a better judgement call.

But that's probably where your club is right now. In it's shell, afraid to take any real action and move forward.

Blueprint on how to go about it is down the road.

FWIW, I agree with everything Mayneman has said EXCEPT the above which is simply a troll post.

Besides his ability to run all day, Rosa does not excel at any particular task. He's provides a link option and that is very handy for a depth midfielder. But his limitations are as such that he will never and should never be anything more then a depth player.

I can quite easily see him slip out of the best 22.

FWIW, I agree with everything Mayneman has said EXCEPT the above which is simply a troll post.

Besides his ability to run all day, Rosa does not excel at any particular task. He's provides a link option and that is very handy for a depth midfielder. But his limitations are as such that he will never and should never be anything more then a depth player.

I can quite easily see him slip out of the best 22.

This Rosa topic is really starting to p1ss me off.

All you blokes who reckon he isn't in our best 22 are simply clueless.

Those who don't think he will be in our best 22 in the near future should have a good look at our list, because we don't have 22 budding superstars being held back by Rosa taking a spot I can assure you.

Right now he deserves a contract, that there is no doubt, lets not worry about potential just yet, we are wooden spooners. Everyone harps on about his lack of hurt factor and carries on like we have 4 Stephen Hills and 3 Alan Didaks on our list waiting in the wings.

If it is true he has signed a 2 year contract then that sounds like a good time period for the youngsters to improve and prove themselves to be good enough to make him obsolete, until then I think I will stick to players that are actually performing consistently right now.

Prankster666

If you bothered to read my post you would see I agree he is in our best 22 that's a fact, but also a fact is that its a very sad indictment of the times that he is in fact in the top 22 on our list.

Imagine a list where Rosa couldn't break into the top 22 playing list ? now then you would be talking "Good Times" again.

But what we have is a situation where same old same = FAIL

Prankster666

If you bothered to read my post you would see I agree he is in our best 22 that's a fact, but also a fact is that its a very sad indictment of the times that he is in fact in the top 22 on our list.

Imagine a list where Rosa couldn't break into the top 22 playing list ? now then you would be talking "Good Times" again.

But what we have is a situation where same old same = FAIL

So 2006 wasn't good times?

This Rosa topic is really starting to p1ss me off.

All you blokes who reckon he isn't in our best 22 are simply clueless.

Those who don't think he will be in our best 22 in the near future should have a good look at our list, because we don't have 22 budding superstars being held back by Rosa taking a spot I can assure you.

Right now he deserves a contract, that there is no doubt, lets not worry about potential just yet, we are wooden spooners. Everyone harps on about his lack of hurt factor and carries on like we have 4 Stephen Hills and 3 Alan Didaks on our list waiting in the wings.

If it is true he has signed a 2 year contract then that sounds like a good time period for the youngsters to improve and prove themselves to be good enough to make him obsolete, until then I think I will stick to players that are actually performing consistently right now.

Pretty sure I didn't say he didn't deserve a contract nor that he wasn't in the best 22...

Good post

Have no idea why there is such angst with some for us re-signing Rosa

Angst is because he wanted to leave and will likely kick on like the other players who we convinced to stay at the club (Spangher, McKinley).

To all the Rosamaniacs, can you see seriously see him getting a game in the midfield over the next 1-2 years when we have Kerr, Priddis, Selwood x2, Masten, Ebert, Stevens, Butler, Sheppard, Shuey, Swift (+Weedon and pick 4 2010) all as midfielders?

To all the Rosamaniacs, can you see seriously see him getting a game in the midfield over the next 1-2 years when we have Kerr, Priddis, Selwood x2, Masten, Ebert, Stevens, Butler, Sheppard, Shuey, Swift (+Weedon and pick 4 2010) all as midfielders?

Why does suggesting a bloke is average at footy - all of a sudden make you a Rosamaniac?

And in answering your question - Butler won't play midfield, Rosa's better than A Selwood - and i daresay Sheppard will play off half-back (hopefully he moves up though)

Of the rest Swift, Masten, Ebert & Stevens are yet to prove themselves.

If they all come on and force Rosa out - then happy days.

If they don't - then Rosa will stay in the team.

I watch him plenty, I also watched him stink it up for Peel for quite a while.

He is as vanilla as they come, does he have a standout feature?

A noted clearance player, no.

A speedster, no.

Quality disposer? God no.

Goal Scoring mid? No.

He's a very average linkman with an average attack on the footy and questionable footskills. He also tackles like a banana peel.

Oh and he's also one of the slowest decison makers on your list. Holding the ball up for 10 seconds looking for an option then deciding to kick it sideways might help your DE% but it certainly slows down the play.

Thats my major problem with Rosa, like Priddis, his contributions invariably slow down ball movement.

That's about it.

Did i say he had a standout feature?

if you watched him this year, then you would see he was much stronger around the contest and tackling also improved. So no, his attack on the footy is not average anymore.

right now, he does what is asked of him. like many have mentioned he is no star. he wont carry a team, but once we get back up there i believe he's the sort of player that would excel with better players around him more than most.

You have a lot of interest in West Coast, are you secretly an eagles fan?

Good post

Angst is because he wanted to leave and will likely kick on like the other players who we convinced to stay at the club (Spangher, McKinley).

Amongst that list I can, only because Sheppard is the only outside player listed. So there's a need for Rosa, ATM. Butler is injury prone, so he won't be playing any role in the midfield.

I wasnt aiming the spray entirely at you UD, you just had the last post, it was a post aimed at everyone that has questioned his re-signing.

Do I seriously see him getting a game with that lot in 1-2 years, I don't know for certain but I do know right now his output is far greater than Masten's, Swifts, Weedons, Stevens and Butlers who can't even stay on the park.

If we entered a fantasy football league we would win premierships every year based on all our potential!

When our team is good enough to push Rosa out of the side then all well and good, but until that happens, if that happens, lets just make sure we have our best 22 on the park, and that includes Rosa.

Why does suggesting a bloke is average at footy - all of a sudden make you a Rosamaniac?

And in answering your question - Butler won't play midfield, Rosa's better than A Selwood - and i daresay Sheppard will play off half-back (hopefully he moves up though)

Of the rest Swift, Masten, Ebert & Stevens are yet to prove themselves.

If they all come on and force Rosa out - then happy days.

If they don't - then Rosa will stay in the team.

Lost count of the number of blokes in this discussion talking Rosa up to be the second coming.

You would hope after a decent preseason that Swift, Masten, Ebert and pick 4 this year go well past Rosa. I doubt Rosa is top 22 next year, just like he wasn't last year (see round 1 team selection). Can't see how anyone sees him top 22 in 2012, hence we should've traded him as he requested

I wasnt aiming the spray entirely at you UD, you just had the last post, it was a post aimed at everyone that has questioned his re-signing.

Do I seriously see him getting a game with that lot in 1-2 years, I don't know for certain but I do know right now his output is far greater than Masten's, Swifts, Weedons, Stevens and Butlers who can't even stay on the park.

If we entered a fantasy football league we would win premierships every year based on all our potential!

When our team is good enough to push Rosa out of the side then all well and good, but until that happens, if that happens, lets just make sure we have our best 22 on the park, and that includes Rosa.

that's it right there :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

images

Oh and.

umad.gif

It's very easy to get confrontational, harder to accept other opinions, especially when they are 1000% on the money :thumbsu:

Buddy,

Your opinions are like farts - 95% hot air and the rest not even worth worrying about. Rosa ticks a lot of boxes - accurate kick, good runner, tackles, shepherds, fit. He's not elite, but he isn't a liability in any facet of the game, which not many players on a list can claim.

Do us a favour and take your narrow, obsolete opinion on this subject back to your own team's board.

Same argument could be said about Lynch...

Lost count of the number of blokes in this discussion talking Rosa up to be the second coming.

You would hope after a decent preseason that Swift, Masten, Ebert and pick 4 this year go well past Rosa. I doubt Rosa is top 22 next year, just like he wasn't last year (see round 1 team selection). Can't see how anyone sees him top 22 in 2012, hence we should've traded him as he requested

I don't think i've seen anyone talking him up as the second coming.

Most are just saying he is a reasonable footballer - not great, not woeful - just reasonable.

That's a far cry from calling him the second coming nor being a Rosamaniac

I don't think i've seen anyone talking him up as the second coming.

Most are just saying he is a reasonable footballer - not great, not woeful - just reasonable.

That's a far cry from calling him the second coming nor being a Rosamaniac
Farren Ray is running around again this weekend - a good comparison.

He is labouring a fair point though.

The amount of time wasted on this board by people who defend "vanilla" (and worse) mids is staggering. I am fine with Rosa as a player on the list but he needs to develop something to hurt the opposition if he wants to be starting wingman in a decent side...

At present, we could lose most of our starting centreline and we would be no worse off .... thats maynemans point ....

we are defending our version of the McAnus led midfield ...
Valid or not, it's not his place to ram it down our throats. And he has form in this area.

Farren Ray is running around again this weekend - a good comparison.

Indeed he is - although Farren surprised me last year when he showed how good he was an overhead mark.

Another one which I'm sure will rile people up is Joel Corey at the same age.

Not sure who mentioned it - but i tend to agree - with the gamestyle Rosa has - he need to get forward and bang more goals through.

So 2006 wasn't good times?

Yes. And he was a role player in a great side. He was dropped after the win over Bulldogs despite having 23 possessions. He was a 19 year old kid with promise playing behind other role players .... who wasn't quite good enough to stay in that side.

He is now 24. He remains a role player type who is instead our starting wingman. He isn't Michael Braun....

No one is suggesting he isn't best 22 at present OR that he warranted de-listing or whatever ... we are simply saying he is a bit vanilla and a bit of a plodder and he needs to (a) get better or (b) risk being replaced by an outside mid who has some hurt factor...

Remove this Banner Ad

News Rosa Re-Signs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back