List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Our greatest issue is moving the ball quickly and efficiently out of the backline.

Weller is playing his 14th game off the hbf. He's leading the club for metres gained, averaging more kicks than everyone bar B Hill. Has the club's 5th best disposall eff (78%). Is 4th in the club for intercept possessions (Ahead of Spurr). He has the most score involvements of all our defenders.

We need to add more of this to our backline, not take it away.

Last edited:
Our greatest issue is moving the ball quickly and efficiently out of the backline.

Weller is playing his 14th game of the hbf. He's leading the club for metres gained, averaging more kicks than everyone bar B Hill. Has the club's 5th best disposall eff (78%). Is 4th in the club for intercept possessions (Ahead of Spurr). He has the most score involvements of all our defenders.

I think the plan is tom sherriden will play Halfback Vs Brisbane.

How good was that deft change of game plan within a game when Beveridge was up against Roscoe this year? Looked a bit scared in the coaching box like he didn't know what hit him but hey, I wasn't fooled.

I don't know why people like yourself are so threatened by this discussion. Sure you can isolate one instance as the exception that disproves the rule, but Beverage won a premiership last year with one of the worst injury lists in the league. That's not too shabby.

I don't know why people like yourself are so threatened by this discussion. Sure you can isolate one instance as the exception that disproves the rule, but Beverage won a premiership last year with one of the worst injury lists in the league. That's not too shabby.

To be fair Lyon got very close in 2013 with a list full of role players in a season where the opposition was a lot stronger than last season.. See how good Beverage and his team go this year.

To be fair Lyon got very close in 2013 with a list full of role players in a season where the opposition was a lot stronger than last season.. See how good Beverage and his team go this year.

Yer, it would have been nice if Freo had a +112 Free Kick differential in 2013.
& I'm not sure how well Western Bulldogs would have gone in 2016 with a -34 Free Kick differential.

Yeah Ross is good at getting close, that's part of the problem. He would rather trust his structures than his players and I think that can be self sabotaging when much of the passion in the game is about enthusiasm and spontaneity, and as each week goes by I just see that being drained out of the side after the initial shot in the arm in round three. I feel much the same way. The spell of Ross's words and good intentions is fragile. I don't see our players enjoying playing footy; I see them having private battles with themselves on the field. My disbelief in Ross to be able to energise and refresh the side grows each week.

Yer, it would have been nice if Freo had a +112 Free Kick differential in 2013.
& I'm not sure how well Western Bulldogs would have gone in 2016 with a -34 Free Kick differential.
If that is the excuse , might as well dismantle the club, why participate a competition that got no chance to win . Free kick differential will always be there like it or not .

I don't get how a Freo supporter can be that disappointed about where our list is at and our performances this year given what happened last year.

What I see in this thread reminds me of the difference of throwing a ball for a cat and throwing a ball for a dog. With some time at it, a lot of dogs will understand when you point, that if they extrapolate the line of the arm then the ball is in that direction - a cat will look at the finger.

It seems that folks are looking at the finger, ie, we just lost a game and were resoundingly spanked in the previous game, but forget that we are in a rebuild. People are failing to look at where we are pointing, i.e. the team we are building towards.

Weller is playing his 14th game off the hbf. He's leading the club for metres gained, averaging more kicks than everyone bar B Hill. Has the club's 5th best disposall eff (78%). Is 4th in the club for intercept possessions (Ahead of Spurr). He has the most score involvements of all our defenders.

It's where I hope Carter will play.

Mundy to half back will just drag a tag

It's where I hope Carter will play.

Mundy to half back will just drag a tag
2019 season is a long wait , why not give other players a chance before this. By then no one can. Guarantee mundy still can play to his best ability .

It's pretty obvious that some of us on here would make far better coaches than Lyon.

He should just step down and give us a crack.

Hey that's a great idea , you pay like a grand for your membership and every Wednesday morning you get an email with a little blurb on each player , injuries a few key stats etc then you pick your team the club does a straw poll and that's the team for the week now that's some fan interaction gold right there . ole rosco can still do the game day stuff he's fine with that , the club makes a motza , the fans have a voice and ....... wow this marketing stuff is a breeze maybe I'll take it to the brissy lions to start with they need SOMETHING

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah Ross is good at getting close, that's part of the problem. He would rather trust his structures than his players and I think that can be self sabotaging when much of the passion in the game is about enthusiasm and spontaneity, and as each week goes by I just see that being drained out of the side after the initial shot in the arm in round three. I feel much the same way. The spell of Ross's words and good intentions is fragile. I don't see our players enjoying playing footy; I see them having private battles with themselves on the field. My disbelief in Ross to be able to energise and refresh the side grows each week.

You see what you want to see. I see the players and Ross during training laughing, enjoying what they are doing. How you can see players having a private battle with them selves during a game is rubbish. None of us know what they are feeling or thinking during a game. You are a Ross hater far enough but don't come up with some psycho babble to push your argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You see what you want to see. I see the players and Ross during training laughing, enjoying what they are doing. How you can see players having a private battle with them selves during a game is rubbish. None of us know what they are feeling or thinking during a game. You are a Ross hater far enough but don't come up with some psycho babble to push your argument.

We're all just interpreting what we're seeing aren't we? No need to be rude about it.

I don't hate Ross, I'm just starting to believe that he's not the one for us. That's my personal opinion. I would have thought my posts to date have been pretty rational so I don't get why you're being so aggressive about me sharing an opinion that I happen to share with other sensible posters like E Shed. So I'm not some whack job alone in my thoughts.

Addition: To reiterate: I don't hate Ross, in fact I love him. He has done more for the professionalism of this club in real terms, than just about anyone. I want him to be right for us going forward, I want the players to believe in his methodology, I want to believe his game plan is evolving, I want to believe him when he says he's adapting his coaching style, that failure is feedback, but I have question marks over whether any of this is true. I know we'll stick with him for the next couple of years so I guess time will tell. It doesn't mean we can't vent our frustrations in the meantime.

Last edited:

I laugh at my bosses jokes too while dreaming of shoving my pen straight up his nostril into where his brain should be

Hey that's a great idea , you pay like a grand for your membership and every Wednesday morning you get an email with a little blurb on each player , injuries a few key stats etc then you pick your team the club does a straw poll and that's the team for the week now that's some fan interaction gold right there . ole rosco can still do the game day stuff he's fine with that , the club makes a motza , the fans have a voice and ....... wow this marketing stuff is a breeze maybe I'll take it to the brissy lions to start with they need SOMETHING

We let you be the first to do it.

He's had a good couple of weeks. However, prior to that he had one turnover for every four of his possessions which was one of the worst in the whole league. For me, it highlights that no matter how quick and skilled you are, if there's pressure no options to kick to you're gonna struggle. Ross needs to try and create space and options up the ground and not drag all the players into one half and keep bombing long to congestion all the time. Other teams playing against us always waltz it out of our forward line, yet it's always so hard for our defenders.

What I see in this thread reminds me of the difference of throwing a ball for a cat and throwing a ball for a dog. With some time at it, a lot of dogs will understand when you point, that if they extrapolate the line of the arm then the ball is in that direction - a cat will look at the finger.

It seems that folks are looking at the finger, ie, we just lost a game and were resoundingly spanked in the previous game, but forget that we are in a rebuild. People are failing to look at where we are pointing, i.e. the team we are building towards.

Oh we are pointing alright we just don't seem to want to throw the ball

I hate cats with a passion but one day I found myself looking after one with a litter of kittens (the things you do to get laid).
After a few weeks there was one kitten in the litter that used to climb out of the plastic box I had for them and every morning Id find it asleep cuddled up next to me on my pillow. I grew attached to that cat and kept it. I taught it how to fetch and sit like a dog.
True story.

I laugh at my bosses jokes too while dreaming of shoving my pen straight up his nostril into where his brain should be

M0sVMWC.gif

It's demoralising the players,degrading to the club and the game.
He removes all energy,creativity,verve and love of life from their bodies then discards the sucked husk of a talented young player on the scrap heap of his ego driven failure.
He grinds them into the submission of the talentless.o_O

Glad you spotted it,many have over looked the destructive wake he leaves behind.

thankyouross.png

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Back