List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

People saying he hasn't changed obviously arent watching this team not chase and tackle which was our brand.

We have gone too far the other way and need to start tackling again

That's because their spirit is gone. How is he not responsible for that? We used to have a good club culture.

That's because their spirit is gone. How is he not responsible for that? We used to have a good club culture.
players own fault if they can't get up for games and not Ross'

WE had plenty of spirit when we kicked a goal after the siren in the preseason
We had plenty of spirit when KErsten kicks a winner with 40 seconds left
We had plenty of spirit when McCarthy toe pokes the winner
We had plenty of spirit when Mundy kicks a goal after the siren to win

Players are tired sure but not chasing and tacking is absolutely killing us, Ross needs to tone it back to his old ways a bit to make the players chase

People saying he hasn't changed obviously arent watching this team not chase and tackle which was our brand.

We have gone too far the other way and need to start tackling again
Yeah but it's the coaches responsibility to ensure his players are ready to go mentally and physically. If the players aren't listening to him, he's lost the players. Surely Fyfe is fed up with playing this shitful brand of football that will get us absolutely nowhere.

Players are tired sure but not chasing and tacking is absolutely killing us, Ross needs to tone it back to his old ways a bit to make the players chase

All of those games had to be won the hard way. It's sapping and something has changed since then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we might need a system. What do you guys think?
Yeah him
His "system" is making it hard for me to enjoy football. Ross drills the flair straight out of players and turns them into role players. I would not leave another side to be coached by him. Fed up, I understand we are playing youngsters but Ross's style of football is garbage.
No doubt ross and co have their issues but you're deluded if you think we have the cattle atm. We still need some serious talent injection .
Its the list management/drafting and recruiting team (s) that the foot of the blame should lay

Just had a quick look at your posting history. Seems to be an unhealthy focus on Ross. Almost all your posts are about our coach and how negatively you feel about him.

I really appreciate your posting of a meme rather than engaging in any sort of meaningful discussion.

You should head over to the St.Kilda board.

Sheridan had 29 poss last week for Peel playing the Jonny out the back, quarterback role. Then gets called up to the league side to replace Langdon who has been playing wing and HF.

Hard to tell from the TV today but it didn't seem that he was playing either the role that he played at Peel or the role that Langdon was playing and instead was playing as a defender. Why? And this isn't unusual. How often do we see him and others get a shitload of ball at Peel and then get promoted and play a totally different role.

I think Ross can only take some blame , unfair for him to take all the blame. Both sherriden and sutty are the top 3 , 3km runner with b.hill.

People have been saying for years that Lyon's brand of football takes it out of players much more than normal football does.

So if you want to lay the blame for our lack of chase and tackle, perhaps blame the game plan that makes our players run harder than other teams for worse results.

Sheridan had 29 poss last week for Peel playing the Jonny out the back, quarterback role. Then gets called up to the league side to replace Langdon who has been playing wing and HF.

Hard to tell from the TV today but it didn't seem that he was playing either the role that he played at Peel or the role that Langdon was playing and instead was playing as a defender. Why? And this isn't unusual. How often do we see him and others get a shitload of ball at Peel and then get promoted and play a totally different role.

Not really sure what we are supposed to do about that. S. Hill plays that role in the league team, are we supposed to drop him? Players need to be able to play more than 1 role, but I would agree that our game plan seems to just waste a lot of players whose only role seems to be to fill space.

2 bad games and the sky is falling down. Year 2 of a 4 year rebuild.

I really feel sorry for people that require such instant gratification. If premierships were easy we would have one by now.

I think it's more the frustration of how we played in the first 2 games, then the marked improvement and then bang back to insipid efforts 2 games on the trot.

The effort and lack of application just wasn't there.

Couple that with a seeming lack of game plan apart from belt it long, has fans scratching their heads

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Back