List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's more the frustration of how we played in the first 2 games, then the marked improvement and then bang back to insipid efforts 2 games on the trot.

The effort and lack of application just wasn't there.

Couple that with a seeming lack of game plan apart from belt it long, has fans scratching their heads

I can understand that, it is frustrating for me as well.

The biggest frustration for me is the poor skill execution (simple marks, fumbling under pressure, not hitting targets). I do think there is a significant change in game style, in particular an instruction to use the corridor which makes our errors even more frustrating as we are more vulnerable on the counterattack. Our forward structure has changed significantly with an emphasis on leading and doubling back which hasn't worked thus far.

While it is frustrating we are sitting on 6 wins and 5 losses at the bye. I was hoping for 6 wins for the season due to the state of our list.

We turned over a stack of players last year and we are likely to turn over another 7-10 again this year. Guys like Griffen, Suban and Ballantyne are likely to go this year which will allow us to get rid of Sheridan, Sutcliffe etc next year. You can't turn over 30 players in 2 years. We don't want to do a rebuild like Melbourne or Richmond.

They need to be done properly with patience.

Just because a fan can't see "game plan" or "direction" does not mean it is not being implemented. At elite level sport changes will take time, especially with so many players under 50 games experience.

Yeah I've finally had enough - been defending him and only started doubting him in bits and pieces this year... but he's not for us and he won't get us a flag.

Suban, Ibbo and Dawson were played well beyond their expiry date and Sutcliffe hasn't played a good match since Round 1, 2014.

'Concrete boots' Griffin in for 3 weeks playing like a turd... wtf?

I think the game has gone past him - great coach but like Roos, Malthouse, Worsfold etc his brand is not relevant in 2017 and it certainly won't be in 2020.

The players don't buy it either - pay him out and get an untried youngster (30-40). Won't be able to pay them much but could be a good long term investment.

Ross's time has come.

Yeah him

No doubt ross and co have their issues but you're deluded if you think we have the cattle atm. We still need some serious talent injection .
Its the list management/drafting and recruiting team (s) that the foot of the blame should lay
You're deluded if you don't think we have the cattle to beat the 18th placed side.

2 bad games and the sky is falling down. Year 2 of a 4 year rebuild.

I really feel sorry for people that require such instant gratification. If premierships were easy we would have one by now.
2 bad games? What have you been watching this year? Fair dinkum, some of you think this is all part of some master plan that Ross has put into action. I'm sick of getting hounded for not drinking the Ross Lyon coolaid. He's done a lot for our club in making us relevant but imo the games passed him by as a coach.

I'm not giving up on RTB just yet, as Yeti said I thought 6 - 8 games was a pass mark this year as we rebuild

But our patience will be tested if he keeps playing the same old duds week in week out, leaving our future languishing at Peel

If we are getting pantsed to the tune of 10 goals by the bottom team, something has to change.

I would rather get belted with the kids playing than scrubbers like Sutcliffe and Griff, blind Freddy can see they are cooked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're deluded if you don't think we have the cattle to beat the 18th placed side.
Of course we should have won ...but bris have some talent, its just mostly young and inconsistent. ..have you been taking notes of results this season ?...plenty of upsets...for the majority of sides dont bring your A game and good chance you lose we like alot of bottom 8 sides just dont have the talent.

2 bad games? What have you been watching this year? Fair dinkum, some of you think this is all part of some master plan that Ross has put into action. I'm sick of getting hounded for not drinking the Ross Lyon coolaid. He's done a lot for our club in making us relevant but imo the games passed him by as a coach.
Ross lyon needs chasing, even in 2015 the Footy was dire.
Had enough of watching school yard Footy, rebuild my arse....it's a convenient excuse for being crap !
System of play......= crowd the ball by flooding !
Not good enough.

Almost all your posts are about our coach and how negatively you feel about him.
Turns up,does the passive/aggressive 'look at me' trolling insult number and shoots through.
Complete infantile dick head.
Most crew seem to have it on ignore,which I guess saves the mods bringing the hammer down on its trolling idiocy.

Yeah I've finally had enough - been defending him and only started doubting him in bits and pieces this year... but he's not for us and he won't get us a flag.

Suban, Ibbo and Dawson were played well beyond their expiry date and Sutcliffe hasn't played a good match since Round 1, 2014.

'Concrete boots' Griffin in for 3 weeks playing like a turd... wtf?

I think the game has gone past him - great coach but like Roos, Malthouse, Worsfold etc his brand is not relevant in 2017 and it certainly won't be in 2020.

The players don't buy it either - pay him out and get an untried youngster (30-40). Won't be able to pay them much but could be a good long term investment.

Ross's time has come.

Worstfold???

The boys we're sorry, sore and heavy legged the last 2 weeks. Evidence of a young side. Cool ya jets people. Did you really expect to win the gf after beating the bulldogs?

What a load of bollocks, they are professional sportsmen who train everyday and only have to play 1 game per week

They have only played 12 games this year, I don't buy into this tired, worn out nonsense. If they are our fitness dept need to be sacked.

Turns up,does the passive/aggressive 'look at me' trolling insult number and shoots through.
Complete infantile dick head.
Most crew seem to have it on ignore,which I guess saves the mods bringing the hammer down on its trolling idiocy.

There's no need to call people names just because you disagree with them, grow up.

Historically we tend to lose badly coming off 6 day breaks and travel.
Similarly the AFL historically reserve the longest road journeys for us coming off short breaks.

people just pressing the panic button , thing will slowly turn good. Collins , cox just playing their first game this year . Chemistry just can't build straight away. My only complain is all this kids should had play in JLT rather than sherriden , Sutty.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Back