List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you seen the world today? It's all Flat Earthers and antivaxxers, i'm pretty sure aryanism is the next logical cab off the rank. :$

If you're trying to cheer me up, you're doing a sh*******e job of it. Just sayin'

I'd like to argue this point but after watching the stupidity of Brexit, then Trump, then having anti-vaxxers get so much media attention, you may well be right. I still cant believe they elected a VP who is a creationist and antivaxxer. I always thought that was for the low rent d***heads. :(

Last edited:
So Ballas straight back in? If this happens will sum up how limited of coach Ross is to not back a youth player over a old spud back from injury.

I'd be surprised if he comes straight back in given he came back through Peel last time.

So Ballas straight back in? If this happens will sum up how limited of coach Ross is to not back a youth player over a old spud back from injury.

That would be a piss poor decision if it happens especially after the end of 2016 and the fact that he hasn't played a game since the pre-season against Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross is a good coach but our backslide this year has been worrying. In 2016 we were shit from the first bounce.

We've shown a bit of heart in the first half of the year, and regressed to something unrecognisable in the second half.

It's not just Ross, I'm not sure he has the best guys around him. I do hope there are a couple of meaningful coaching changes this year, although I can't specifically hone in on any in particular (maybe Rock?)

Ross isn't the problem here. He's working with kids who don't have a handful of leaders out there that can stand up. The skills these last two weeks in particular have been shocking and that's something that is going to be critical focus next off-season.

Hale + 2016 Leadership group who stagnated our rebuild is the problem. Ross will clean it up this off-season and next year.

Ross isn't the problem here. He's working with kids who don't have a handful of leaders out there that can stand up. The skills these last two weeks in particular have been shocking and that's something that is going to be critical focus next off-season.

We played in the exact same fashion in the latter half of 2015 with the most experienced side in the comp.

Our poor skills going inside 50 are at least partly caused by our lack of forward structure and the lack of any real system of how we are trying to score. It's hard to take the right option when there are no right options.

1st year of a rebuild

Freo bottomed out last season and this was the start of cleaning out the list and moving forward and it's all negatives from a few and sack the coach.

Replace with who? Some posters are clueless

Calling people clueless all the time with no argument to back up why is pointless and a waste of everyone's time.

Calling people clueless all the time with no argument to back up why is pointless and a waste of everyone's time.

Well people saying we are two seasons into a rebuild at the end of the game day thread are clueless when Freo dropped off last year thus leading the club to make big list changes which they did.

Freo will go though pain for a while until they get the younger players up to maturity and then they'll be a finals threat again like the earlu Freo days of Ross.

Well people saying we are two seasons into a rebuild at the end of the game day thread are clueless when Freo dropped off last year thus leading the club to make big list changes which they did.

Freo will go though pain for a while until they get the younger players up to maturity and then they'll be a finals threat again like the earlu Freo days of Ross.

We weren't a finals threat in the 2nd half of 2015 with the most experienced team in the league. We only won 1 game vs a top 8 side after the bye that year and only scored 100 points once in 11 attempts.

Nothing has changed since then to suggest we've addressed those issues, and what's more it doesn't even look like we're trying to address them.

Agree, we won't make finals until Suban, Ballas, D Pearce, Griffin, Yarran, Ibbotson, Dawson, Clarke, Sutcliffe are all off our list, plus players like Spurr is pushed to a bench option.

When you add players like Sandi, Mundy and Johnson we suddenly have 12 players to remove for no compo before you even start to consider players like Apeness, Sheridan, Taberner who all may not make it, or Tucker, Balic, Langdon, Crozier who may leave.

As soon as we get any injuries the quality of our list falls in a heap, in 2019 our list should be in reasonable shape if we nail the next two drafts.

Bond and Lloyd will earn their money the next 2 years.

1st year of a rebuild

Freo bottomed out last season and this was the start of cleaning out the list and moving forward and it's all negatives from a few and sack the coach.

Replace with who? Some posters are clueless

Maybe just tell him to play kids, like rosich did after round 2.
We are at a critical juncture, ross must bend or he can **** off

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Back