Rough up Judd - has it been tried??

Remove this Banner Ad

Stuck21 said:
When was the last time the eagles won a game without judd?
If you completed any upper school mathematics you would realise that 1 game is not a sufficent sample size to determine a credible figure. Basic statistics. But dont let that get in the way of twisting facts

By your theory, we should be winning all games with Judd if as soon as he's out of the side we lose...hang on...that hasnt been happening. What a shame.

Bernie Quinlan said:
Oh yeah, right. So that would explain why he was barely sighted in the GF then, I guess.

You obviously havnt watched the GF latey which is understandable. Judd got most of his possessions against Ablett. Once Crouch went on him he was relatively quiet.

lazy said:
You obviously havnt watched the GF latey which is understandable. Judd got most of his possessions against Ablett. Once Crouch went on him he was relatively quiet.

You must be so pleased that you've got Crouch instead of Judd. Crouch is such a gun.

Underdog said:
If you completed any upper school mathematics you would realise that 1 game is not a sufficent sample size to determine a credible figure. Basic statistics. But dont let that get in the way of twisting facts

By your theory, we should be winning all games with Judd if as soon as he's out of the side we lose...hang on...that hasnt been happening. What a shame.

fraid, not, was proving someone wrong, maybe read the whole thing in future. How was my question a theory?

imright said:
Yeah do you remember some of his brilliant running goals and sensational skills, he just pulls the crowds in doesn't he? Reminds me alot of Josh Wooden.

I also remember him standing on the premiersip dias receiving his premiership medallion in front of a pretty big crowd. :D

(Didnt see Josh Wooden up there?):D

lazy said:
I also remember him standing on the premiersip dias receiving his premiership medallion in front of a pretty big crowd. :D

(Didnt see Josh Wooden up there?):D

Yeah Crouch is right up there with Shane Ellen who was also a premiership player, remember him?

BTW I thing Wooden is a better kick than Crouch.

like in karate kid i think the best strategy would be to 'sweep the leg'
(with a call from the crowd to get him a body bag)
but he would probably get up and do the crane...
then you would be fukced!

icon10.gif

K

imright said:
You must be so pleased that you've got Crouch instead of Judd. Crouch is such a gun.

I do remember Crouch outrunning Judd and taking the ball from him as he ran around him. One of the highlights from last year for me.

I enjoyed Crouch so completely outplaying Aker (another star) a few weeks ago that Aker was dropped from the team. Crouch running down Davey last year was entertaining too.

Crouch is hard and fast - that works for me. And his effort and skills played a significant part in the Swans 2005 Premiership.

To expand on what others have said already - Peter Bell tried to run through Judd at the first bounce of the Derby 2 weeks ago. He missed him, and Judd didnt seemed rattled at all, collecting 14 possesions in that 1st quarter. Derby was a pretty physical match but Judd was still collecting 33 possies on his way to BOG.

kinny said:
I woulds love ESSENDON to try this will be a free kick frenzy there will goals piled on from this. GO YOUR HARDEST BOMBERS I will enjoy watching from the stands.:D

Hey idiot, stop your yelling & chest beating, it wasn't a Bomber who started this thread, but a bitter Swans supporter who is still bleeding, that the possible wooden spooners beat the reigning premiers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't a bad effort I thought.

Weagles were weak in backing up their superstar.

I reckon the Lions of 3 years ago would have made mincemeat of today's West Coast. If the team lying 16th on the ladder with a lot of kids can rattle them, imagine what a team of mature hard nuts could do.

bresker said:

I reckon the Lions of 3 years ago would have made mincemeat of today's West Coast. If the team lying 16th on the ladder with a lot of kids can rattle them, imagine what a team of mature hard nuts could do.

The lions of 3 years ago were made mincemeat by the same westcoast today only 3 years younger... in fact the lions of 3 years ago were made mincemeat by a 3 year younger chris judd.

bresker said:

Judd had a quiet-ish game. Doesn't mean the thuggery worked, McVeigh just wore him very tight. Cousins, Kerr and Embley stepped up to compensate.

Lions of 3 years ago? Please, we have OWNED the Lions since back in the day. Your suggestion is ludicrous.

bresker said:

Essendon fell into the trap of taking their eyes off the ball. The Coasters did exactly what JW wanted and that is concentrate on the ball and not get sucked into melees where there are 20 cameras aimed and ready.

There were 3 Essendon players tugging on Judds jumper while he was on the ground, that means there were 2 free Eagles running around. Excellent work Juddy taking the heat while the other players like Embley and Braun run riot.

all you have to do is smack him in both shoulderrs from behind. but that would only make him run faster but next time with the ball in his hands, streaming towards goal.

rough up juddy and youll have big ugly lynchy running at you probally trying to put u in hospital as well.

bresker said:

isnt 5 quality goals in a quarter good enough for you. sorry man but you can only hit someone if you can catch them. retirement village is calling for some of these mature hard nuts and you as well since you are an absolute dill.

imright said:
Essendon fell into the trap of taking their eyes off the ball. The Coasters did exactly what JW wanted and that is concentrate on the ball and not get sucked into melees where there are 20 cameras aimed and ready.

There were 3 Essendon players tugging on Judds jumper while he was on the ground, that means there were 2 free Eagles running around. Excellent work Juddy taking the heat while the other players like Embley and Braun run riot.

Everytime a fight started Essendon got a free kick. Who too their eyes off the ball?

imright said:

In that 'melee' you gave away two free kicks and one 50 meter penalty resulting in a goal.. Even Judd on the radio said after the game that they were undisiplined giving them away.

Apart from that it had no effect on either team trying to be 'tough'. Our 4th quarter is where we lost it.

Longy413 said:
Everytime a fight started Essendon got a free kick. Who too their eyes off the ball?

Yes that was strange but at the end of the day its the end result that counts and the WCE players seemed to have more energy in the last quater. The physical approach rarely works, look at the time when Hawthorn "drew a line in the sand" against Essendon.

imright said:
Yes that was strange but at the end of the day its the end result that counts and the WCE players seemed to have more energy in the last quater. The physical approach rarely works, look at the time when Hawthorn "drew a line in the sand" against Essendon.
Our 4th quarter had nothing to do with us doing a hawforn.

We're just generally rubbish at 4th quarters if we have been involved in scuffles or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rough up Judd - has it been tried??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back