Roughead or T. Cloke?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Collingwood or Hawthorn supporters don't post please.. I think this is far more suitable than the Buddy or Cloke thread! Who would you rather in your team?.. Despite pies fans harping on how good Cloke has been they have both managed 32 goals this year... Who would your team rather :thumbsu:

Both good, would take Cloke if he can fix his kicking. He's already one of the best contested marks in the league and is gonna get better. Roughead cops a lot of shit on here but he will end up a really good player

Collingwood or Hawthorn supporters don't post please.. I think this is far more suitable than the Buddy or Cloke thread! Who would you rather in your team?.. Despite pies fans harping on how good Cloke has been they have both managed 32 goals this year... Who would your team rather :thumbsu:

I tihnk Cloke is the most promosing Power Forward in the game....Buddy included.

Certianly rate him higher than Roughhead

Stop dribbling Big Scottknowsall.
Buddy has the X factor the others do not.

Cloke's stats give him alot more of the pill, both equally poor at goal shooting but Roughy has better average goals/game for 2007.
Comparing FF with CHF I think both are comming along nicely.

Enough to say Cloke could well be ahead at the moment, but we are happy to keep Roughy, Buddy, Boyle and the other boys being groomed at Boxhill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cloke's stats give him alot more of the pill, both equally poor at goal shooting but Roughy has better average goals/game for 2007.

Enough to say Cloke could well be ahead at the moment, but we are happy to keep Roughy, Buddy, Boyle and the other boys being groomed at Boxhill

The point of this post is to get opinions of non-biased fans.... can't help yourself though can ya?

Cloke, by a fair margin IMO. It's also scary to note that Roughhead has played more games than Cloke too. Admittedly, Roughhead is starting to deliver the goods now, there was a time there when he looked like he'd struggle to make it. Cloke, on the other hand, has always shown the signs of a player, that's the way I saw him anyway.

Cloke also is a key figure in his side's forward line (CHF), while Roughhead is more the 3rd tall behind Boyle and Franklin at this stage. Both will be excellent players though.

Travis Cloke has been more consistent of the two thus far. He's star quality. While Roughead is good I think he's got a long way to go and he won't ever be as good as Travis Cloke in years to come.

personally no offence to hawthorn supporters but i dont really rate the hawks forward line... what i do rate is their supply in the midfeild...

i dont feel roughhead would ever do well at a club like essendon because i feel a player like him at the momment needs the best supply to kick goals.. franklin i also beleive is being way overestimated. the whole franklin is the micheal jordan of AFL forum was ridiculous.. his good but is shown to be a lot better by a top class midfeild..

T.Cloke i really rate, doesnt always gets the supply has a huge motor, needs to work on his disposal and goal kicking but that will come but should be very good
franklin likewise will be very good but roughhead wont be imo

Cloke. CHF most important position in the competition. Please Kennedy fill that void in years to come

CHF is not the most important position on the ground.. the game this year is won and lost pretty much in the midfeild... if the midfeild wasnt important essendon would be top 2 on the ladder...

who is WC's great CHF? or geelongs great CHF? you dont need the best forwards to win a grand final. you need a pretty good defensive unit and a great midfeild.. thats what WC and Geelong have... and why sydney are still in contention

You initially tell me to stop dribbling then effectively agree with me. Nice one mate.

You claim "x factor" to be Buddy's big thing. No offence mate, but i don't want my KEY forwards having X Factor - i want my small forwards having that.

I'll take a couple of goals a game, strong lead up's all game and plenty of contests every game from a key forward over an 8 goal haul every 5 weeks....

Cloke will be an exceptional Key Forward for years to come....

personally no offence to hawthorn supporters but i dont really rate the hawks forward line... what i do rate is their supply in the midfeild...

i dont feel roughhead would ever do well at a club like essendon because i feel a player like him at the momment needs the best supply to kick goals.. franklin i also beleive is being way overestimated. the whole franklin is the micheal jordan of AFL forum was ridiculous.. his good but is shown to be a lot better by a top class midfeild..

T.Cloke i really rate, doesnt always gets the supply has a huge motor, needs to work on his disposal and goal kicking but that will come but should be very good
franklin likewise will be very good but roughhead wont be imo

Out of interest, why don't you rate them? Boyle, Franklin and Roughhead have kicked 120 goals between them this year - how many would they have to have kicked for you to be impressed?

CHF is not the most important position on the ground.. the game this year is won and lost pretty much in the midfeild... if the midfeild wasnt important essendon would be top 2 on the ladder...

who is WC's great CHF? or geelongs great CHF? you dont need the best forwards to win a grand final. you need a pretty good defensive unit and a great midfeild.. thats what WC and Geelong have... and why sydney are still in contention

well said^^^^..

You initially tell me to stop dribbling then effectively agree with me. Nice one mate.

You claim "x factor" to be Buddy's big thing. No offence mate, but i don't want my KEY forwards having X Factor - i want my small forwards having that.

I'll take a couple of goals a game, strong lead up's all game and plenty of contests every game from a key forward over an 8 goal haul every 5 weeks....

Cloke will be an exceptional Key Forward for years to come....

Buddy gives you that + the 8/9 goal haul every 5 weeks.

Although i'm a Hawk, I can see why Cloke would be the preferred choice.
Roughead does suit Hawthorn though.

Also
Probably should have asked Essendon posters not to respond.

WC succeeded despite not having a champion CHF, not because of it.

But don't doubt the impact Hansen and Hunter have had on WC's success playing that position either. Ask WC supporters who the most important player in their lineup is, and a great deal of them will say Hansen.

One of the key differences between the 2007 version of Geelong and previous years is the form of Mooney.

Sydney's form mirrors that of Barry Hall, who combines attributes of the FF and CHF. What happened to Brisbane's fortunes when J Brown started getting some consistency in his game in the second half of the season?

A great midfield can make an average CHF look brilliant, and I agree you can win everything without him.

But put a brilliant CHF in a side with a great midfield, and you look near unstoppable.

Like Courtney Johns?

Except Johns isn't getting played. Roughhead kicks a bag against the Blues and you all think he is amazing.

Cloke is a very exciting talent. The Buddy/Cloke comparison is much more appropriate than this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roughead or T. Cloke?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back