B: Strauss/Clisby Frawley Garland
HB: Terlich McDonald Grimes
C: Watts Jones Vince
HF: Blease Dawes Howe
F: Kent Clark Hogan
R: Gawn Trengove Viney
Int: Michie Tyson Toumpas
S: Tapscott

Clark giving Gawn a chop-out, Trengove and Watts hopefully getting into their roles nicely and we should be solid.

Dunn may be stiff - but we don't need a 4th tall defender.

As it stands, this would be my preferred 22

B: Strauss/Clisby Frawley Garland
HB: Terlich McDonald Grimes
C: Watts Jones Vince
HF: Blease Dawes Howe
F: Kent Clark Hogan
R: Gawn Trengove Viney
Int: Michie Tyson Toumpas
S: Tapscott

Clark giving Gawn a chop-out, Trengove and Watts hopefully getting into their roles nicely and we should be solid.

Dunn may be stiff - but we don't need a 4th tall defender.

Exactly, we don't need 4 tall defenders, Dunn is a good back up tall, but perhaps Roosy will look to make him a big bodied tagger again? Thank jeebus the team already looks like it has some midfield depth, I notice you don't have McKenzie or M Jones in there, so already looking good for competing for spots.

FB: Garland Frawley Dunn/Strauss
HB: Grimes McDonald Terlich
C: Watts Tyson Vince
HF: Howe Clark Trengove
F: Blease Dawes Hogan
R: Gawn N Jones Viney
Int: Michie Fitzpatrick Toumpas
S: Kent

Fringe: Evans, McKenzie, M Jones, Strauss/Dunn, Tapscott

Depth: Pedersen, Magner, Clisby, Spencer, Taggert

Development: Draftees and Barry

I really like Kent, so he's probably interchangeable with Blease for that small forward position. I think he can make more of an impact as the sub than Blease though. Would be great to see Strauss in the best 22 but it'll depend on his preseason and early form next year you'd think. Hopefully Roos can get the most out of Tapscott too.

The midfield is so much stronger now. Watts, Tyson, Vince, Jones and Viney to start there, with Trengove, Blease, Strauss, Grimes, Michie, Kent and Toumpas also running through. Watts can go into defence and attack when needed, as can Fitzpatrick (while also backing up in the ruck).

Already our midfield depth is better , and if trengove toumpas watts have good seasons we have a decent midfield
It's scary to think the damage a forward line of Dawes Howe hogan and Clark could do if Vince jones toumpas watts and Tyson are getting it in there regularly

My biggest bone to pick here is the pencilling in of Garland in a back pocket. It's no coincidence that he recaptured his form playing on talls last year. Players like Betts maul him, but he does the same to Cloke and Franklin.

My biggest bone to pick here is the pencilling in of Garland in a back pocket. It's no coincidence that he recaptured his form playing on talls last year. Players like Betts maul him, but he does the same to Cloke and Franklin.

So? Someone has to be named there, and Frawley and McDonald are obvious choices for the KPD spots on paper. Means nothing about Garland's role.

By the same logic Hogan shouldn't be named in the FP because he's not a crumbing small.

So? Someone has to be named there, and Frawley and McDonald are obvious choices for the KPD spots on paper. Means nothing about Garland's role.

By the same logic Hogan shouldn't be named in the FP because he's not a crumbing small.
McDonald fits the bill better, Garland seems to struggle without structure.

The actual team lists/22s don't mean anything though. It's just a matter of picking your best 22 in some semblance of positions (midfield, defence, forward or I/C) and alluding to key positions. No sport other than netball is really played in regimented positions.

Not to mention that with confidence in the midfield frawley and grimes will also be able to roll the dice and get onto the wings

This is a big positive. Realistically our defence has been pretty reasonable considering the amount of pressure they've been under the last few seasons. They'll look even better when the midfield is actually pulling its weight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really not sure what you're on about here, as JackAttack7 says the team sheets are completely arbitrary and have no real bearing on structure. We could name Blease at FB and start him as sub, would make no difference.

Really not sure what you're on about here, as JackAttack7 says the team sheets are completely arbitrary and have no real bearing on structure. We could name Blease at FB and start him as sub, would make no difference.

It's a bit pedantic, yeah, but I like to have the spine of a side down pat. You can name players anywhere, of course.

It's a bit pedantic, yeah, but I like to have the spine of a side down pat. You can name players anywhere, of course.
Well in that case, I think we can agree it looks pretty damn good no matter what combination of Frawley/Garland/McDonald and Clark/Dawes/Hogan we choose.

From Roos' fill in the blanks article

B: Frawley Garland
HB: Grimes McDonald
C: Blease? Jones Watts
HF:Sylvia Dawes Hogan
F: Clark Howe
R:J amar? Trengrove Viney
I/C: Fitzpatrick?

B: - Frawley Garland
C: Tyson Jones Watts
HF: Vince Dawes Hogan
F: Clark Howe Kent
R: Jamar Trengove Viney
I/C: Michie Jones Cross Sub: Fitzy

Only one spot that we are really deficient in atm.

Toumpas and this years pick 9 not there because I need to see more from toumpas and we don't even know who pick 9 is yet.

FB: Terlich - Frawley - Garland
HB: Grimes - McDonald - Trengove
C: Vince - N.Jones - Cross
HF: Watts - Dawes - Howe
FF: Hogan - Clark - Blease
Foll: Jamar - Viney - Tyson
I/C: Michie - M.Jones - Toumpas
SUB: Kent

Backline depth: Dunn, Clisby, Strauss, Nicholson
Midfield depth: McKenzie, Magner, Barry, Pick 9
Forward depth: Fitzpatrick, Byrnes, Tapscott
Ruck depth: Gawn, Spencer

That's not a bottom four side if we can get our shit together.

This is getting so difficult! We actually have the luxury now of not having to play flankers/inexperienced players as inside/outside midfielders, and it's actually a matter of trying to fit midfielders into the side. No idea where to put Cross. Tyson I guess probably 'starts on the bench' or out of the side, and he should have to work to win his place.

FB: Garland Frawley Dunn/Strauss
C: Cross Watts Vince
HF: Howe Clark Trengove
F: Blease Dawes Hogan
R: Gawn N Jones Viney
Int: Michie Fitzpatrick Tyson
S: Kent/Toumpas

I'd be personally getting as much game time in Toump and pick #9 as much as possible, goes without saying that a few weeks at Casey won't hurt them.

fb terlich frawley garland
hb grimes mcdonald dunn
c tyson n jones watts
hf vince clark trengove
ff hogan dawes howe
fol gawn cross mckenzie

int mitchie viney toumpas (blease)

depth-
forwards- byrnes, kent, fitzpatrick
midfield- m jones, evans, magner, pick 9
ruck- jamar, spencer
defenders- tapscott, clisby, strauss, nicholson

unlikely to play/developing
forwards- taggart
midfield- barry, bail, stark
rucks-
defenders- pedersen, jetta

Your midfield already looks infinitely better and more competitive. Great moves by Roos - Jones Cross Vince are enough mature heads to guide your young gun mids.

Next year will be interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back