Game Day Round 1, 2016 - West Coast vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I shouldn't say this but it's very difficult to see us losing a game. I can't see it.

Yeah, they know we're coming and they can smell what we're cooking.

Anything short of Andrews giving all 3 west coast talls a consecutive bath and a Schache 10'r will be disappointing for me

I don't ask for much

rain isn't the worst thing when we're clearly the lesser team. Could cut the margin to respectable measures.

Can't really see how we compete in the game, looked very hard with us at full strength, looks like damage control with Zorko, green, merret, Clarke and beams out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mixed emotions. Would love to avoid bottom of the ladder after round 1. But would love even more a carlton like effort. Would be happy with some where in between.

It really is hard to get enthused for the first game in the season when it seems to be close to the literal worst case scenario. Us missing the one thing we can't afford to against West Coast - experience down back, them at home, and the large age/games played gap overall. Barring anything short of an Easter miracle, it seems destined to be incredibly painful watching. I think this may be the first time I've gone into a round 1 match with genuinely no hope whatsoever.

We just need to convince ourselves that the season doesn't actually start until next week.

Last edited:
The two worst performances of the round so far - Essendon and Collingwood - were largely in my opinion down to poor defensive running.

That should be the test for us. Don't worry so much about the scoreline, just make it hard for the Eagles to play.

Still heaps of positives to go into the game with though.

Schache freeman forward.
Harris Andrews
Raging bulls (robinson bell)
Class. (Rockliff christo)
Mr agro back (Gardiner)

Im going into this game looking for
1. Tackling pressure and effectiveness.
2. Forward line structure.
3. Fast accurate ball movement.
4. Lewis taylors 45th game. Weird to think he will crack 50 so quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back