Preview Round 1, 2022: St.Kilda v Collingwood - Marvel Stadium, Friday 18th March, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Magpies

Votes: 20 22.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been chewing Steele’s ear off all pre season. One match sim, he buried him. Won Few clearances.

From then on he has pretty much been starting on the same side as him.

Bytel has had the head to head job. Buried him and they had a little niggle after. Disappointed he got injured. Because he looked exciting.
Owens playing is really going to throw the cat amongst the pigeons.
If he shows he is good enough to play as a midfielder this young guys like Clark and Bytel are going to need to really perform to get a game in the middle.
The good thing about this kid is he can mark and gives us another get out of jail card when needed.
Good marking midfielders are scarce.

A lot of attention tomorrow night will be on Nick Daicos being a no. 4 pick, hopefully that allows Owens to slip under the radar and surprise some people.

Great to see Hayes getting a call up too, liked what I saw of him in the preseason, looks a great competitor that will provide a good back up to Marshall.

One hour till new season selection melts.

Jack Black Reaction GIF

Tell you what, I'm very horny at the thought of crossing the bridge at docklands with the faint sound of our song playing on the trumpet in the distance.
Just so you don't "go" too early, let me bring you down to earth - Last time we played Collingwood at night at Docklands, my brother got called a f##got and there was a brawl in the bar behind us.

Be careful out there folks.

nbc community GIF

Can't remember where, but there was a comment from Steele in the preseason about going head to head with Owens at match sim, and how Owens had beaten him with strength and really surprised him.....
Was on the dyl Buckley podcast. He mentioned Owens was someone who really was surprised by at training. Matched him in strength and contested work.

Owens playing is really going to throw the cat amongst the pigeons.
If he shows he is good enough to play as a midfielder this young guys like Clark and Bytel are going to need to really perform to get a game in the middle.
The good thing about this kid is he can mark and gives us another get out of jail card when needed.
Good marking midfielders are scarce.
He’d be the first mid in a while to be drafted, debut round one and perform straight away. Most of ours take a few years to be ready so it’s quite a novel experience

Can't remember where, but there was a comment from Steele in the preseason about going head to head with Owens at match sim, and how Owens had beaten him with strength and really surprised him.....

j5dPklN.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our backline of Webster , Wilkie , Battle , Howard , Sinclair , Paton looks like one of the strongest we have had in a long time, add that to a strong forward line which I rate just about the best in the AFL in Higgins , Membery , Butler , King , Gresham all we need is the midfield to perform and we are in for a hell of a season.

Including that Marshall and Ryder play most games.

Can't stand Petracca as a person. Just too full of himself and quite shallow and incoherent on AFL360. He lacks the vocabulary and worldliness needed for that show - out of his depth up against intellectual heavyweights the likes of Robbo and Gerard. He's making Adam Treloar look like Albert Einstein. I'm glad we didn't draft him tbh. I don't like Oliver either. Would prefer someone like Ed Langdon if I could pick one of theirs.
I agree but we need to win a premiership not a popularity contest

Love the Michito surprise. I don't know heaps about him... so can anyone here who is a legit top Supercoacher give me some info on his JS and the likes. Would love to have one of our own in my side but don't want to select him just because he is a Saint.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back