Preview Round 1, 2022: St.Kilda v Collingwood - Marvel Stadium, Friday 18th March, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Magpies

Votes: 20 22.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean Kent has videos of the selection committee doing some shifty sh*t, he finds his way onto the field as much as Jarvo does pre-game invading a pitch… how he keeps getting a game is beyond me
Injuries over the past 12 months have played a fair role in that.

He is a handy depth player

I’d take a Darryl Baldock over Dean Kent but that’s not happening ffs
Don’t mind the inclusion of a little Kent
A little Kent goes a long way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a pretty average looking side and not one that gives me a huge amount of confidence but we are playing a bottom 4 side from last year so there shouldn't be an excuse.
I was in disagreement but then i had a closer look and there are, what seems to be average aspects to the side, as you say......hopefully after the game, with hindsight, it will look pretty damn good! I think my reluctance was born out of aspiration rather than reality. ROSS and KENT worry me a little .

fu** I’m keen to see Mitchito in the side, this kid could be anything for us, skill set and size that we lack in the midfield even now being his age, let alone a couple of seasons on the track and in the gym.

Hope he makes the spot his own and holds it the majority of the year 👍

It's about time we had a bit a fairytale with a kid coming from nowhere.

It is a pretty average looking side and not one that gives me a huge amount of confidence but we are playing a bottom 4 side from last year so there shouldn't be an excuse.

I thought so as well. But then I saw how we matched up on Collingwood. It’s fair to say we have them covered and ought to win this game. We’ve got them in the midfield (even with a depleted team) I’d say unless Grundy goes absolute beast mode.

I worry for their forward structure which seems to only rely on their smalls. Trouble of them is we have Paton on DeGoey, Wilkie on Elliot and Webster to come in off the bench. Those are very good defensive match ups for us.

As for our forwards, well Kent, Higgins and Butler can definitely do some damage IF they’re on. But I worry a little for King given that it’s a smallish forward line. Hayes, Wood, Membrey and Marshall will really have to help King out up there.

I think we win, and I think our defence will stands up very well even if their midfield gets on top. Sinclair and Hill should cut up the corridors like butter. Paton, Webster and Wilkie will work great as lockdowns. Howard and Battle should have their limited talls covered - unless Grundy and Cox go beast mode. Seems unlikely, but it’s a game of footy anything can happen.

TLDR: should win - even with significant outs.

I was in disagreement but then i had a closer look and there are, what seems to be average aspects to the side, as you say......hopefully after the game, with hindsight, it will look pretty damn good! I think my reluctance was born out of aspiration rather than reality. ROSS and KENT worry me a little .
Not worried about Ross but with Ryder, Jones, Clark, Billings and Bytel all unavailable our midfield definitely looks very thin.

We need the guys we have left to really step up.

It's hard to pick a quality side with all that talent out.

The only selection issue I really have is no Sharman. We looked a better side with him in it last year.

Those debut videos they put out give a shiver down your spine every time!!

Hayes is a great story and as much as I've said in not sold on the selection, nothing would make me happier to see someone like him succeed.

And what a rise from Owens

Me too, I wanted Hayes to get a go for a few years, I wasn't keen to lose Coops but I really hope he smashes it. He's a state league hero and you can't question his effort. He's a great story regardless but I hope he ends up part of our forward line trilogy of terror with Sharman and King in a few years.

I thought so as well. But then I saw how we matched up on Collingwood. It’s fair to say we have them covered and ought to win this game. We’ve got them in the midfield (even with a depleted team) I’d say unless Grundy goes absolute beast mode.

I worry for their forward structure which seems to only rely on their smalls. Trouble of them is we have Paton on DeGoey, Wilkie on Elliot and Webster to come in off the bench. Those are very good defensive match ups for us.

As for our forwards, well Kent, Higgins and Butler can definitely do some damage IF they’re on. But I worry a little for King given that it’s a smallish forward line. Hayes, Wood, Membrey and Marshall will really have to help King out up there.

I think we win, and I think our defence will stands up very well even if their midfield gets on top. Sinclair and Hill should cut up the corridors like butter. Paton, Webster and Wilkie will work great as lockdowns. Howard and Battle should have their limited talls covered - unless Grundy and Cox go beast mode. Seems unlikely, but it’s a game of footy anything can happen.

TLDR: should win - even with significant outs.
Yep, as I said there shouldn't be any excuses against a bottom 4 side.

We are probably lucky to get the Pies round one with the quality we have missing but we still have to win.

Hopefully we can start getting them back asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back