Unofficial Preview Round 1, 2023: Hawthorn v Essendon, MCG 3.20pm March 19th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After listening to Sam's interview this morning, I've changed my mind. I reckon they'll go with Brocky as sub
I've been thinking he could be a great sub, coming on when a bit of sting is out of the game. I recall Bruest coming on late in games in his first year and always being good for a goal or two and I reckon Brockman could snag a few as well.

Contested/intercept mark in closing minutes. Great kick

A but like Suckling but less cute with his kicking and way more accountable with defensive s**t

I’m with TylerDurden
Certainly more accountable defensively but wouldn't call him less cute with his kicking. He's prone to some very annoying turnovers.

What he's not gonna do for the team is inject any speed or physicality like Nash would.

We are short a tall forward so I can't see Reeves being subbed. He will share ruck/forward duties with Meek.
Maybe we can sub Nash on to do that. It worked so well for his first 25 games

Anyone know when they will name the sub? I assume they select that role from the four listed emergencies?

Also all I will say about Scrimmers not being named in the side is that the players selected would want to put in a decent effort this week as that is a quality player who is not getting a spot.
Agree - Scrimmers is a lock for me every week. His courage in the air is unrivalled in the team

Agree - Scrimmers is a lock for me every week. His courage in the air is unrivalled in the team
Sammy perhaps has other plans for Scrim? which will require extra craft and this can be learned at BH,. Adding that if he is underdone, then if he is underdone? it is the best time to do this.
These are my thoughts anyway.

Sicily is our best mark and our best kick.

But Scrimmers is a close second for both of those categories. As you say he has great courage over his head.

I know a lot has been said about wanting to change our gamestyle, etc and how Jack fits into that plan but flat out he is too good a player to be playing at Box Hill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are short a tall forward so I can't see Reeves being subbed. He will share ruck/forward duties with Meek.

I think Nash would offer a better contest as a forward than Reeves. At least he would chase, tackle and pressure if the ball hits the deck, which are all things Reeves cannot do.

Though we may have a nice miss-match with our resting rucks, as their KPD and defenders that may get that matchup aren't the biggest:

BZT - 195cm
Ridley - 195cm
Laverde - 193cm
Kelly - 190cm
Redman - 187cm

Trained really well in the pre pre season came back in ripper nic and did nearly full pre season, BOG for Box Hill practice match.
He actually knows how to play as a midfielder. Looking forward to watching his development this year. Would love for him to get a run this week.

Brockman would be a better option as the sub. He could come on in the second half and kick 1-2 goals and provide a spark in the forward-line.
Brockman would be the attacking option as sub, the others are more defensive and there as more a protection for injuries. It could be a way for Moore to push into the midfield for the last quarter if Brockman is sub

I'll be disappointed if we lose to be honest.

They are missing some of their best players, selecting underdone players and we finished higher than them.

If we cannot get over this mob we most likely finish bottom 4.
That's the last thing I'd call the scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back