Unofficial Preview Round 1, 2023: Hawthorn v Essendon, MCG 3.20pm March 19th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please enlighten me about how Crab came about?

I know about Pidge but he doesn’t stack up against the big Pidgeon. That was a guy who was accurate with his bowling.

Please enlighten me about how Crab came about?

I know about Pidge but he doesn’t stack up against the big Pidgeon. That was a guy who was accurate with his bowling.
the likeness in how one moves in comparison to how the other moves the ball - sideways.
pretty damning for a HBF

ROUND 1 TEAM
Hawthorn v Essendon
Sunday 19 March, 3.20pm AEDT
MCG

FB:
Changkuoth Jiath, James Blanck, Sam Frost
HB: Jarman Impey, James Sicily, Will Day
C: Lachlan Bramble, Jai Newcombe, Karl Amon
HF: Cam Mackenzie, Jacob Koschitzke, Luke Breust
FF: Chad Wingard, Fergus Greene, Dylan Moore
R: Lloyd Meek, Finn Maginness, James Worpel
INT: Ned Reeves, Josh Ward, Blake Hardwick, Connor Macdonald

Emer: Conor Nash, Ned Long, Jack Scrimshaw, Tyler Brockman

New: Karl Amon (Port Adelaide), Lloyd Meek (Fremantle), Fergus Greene (Box Hill), Cam Mackenzie

ROUND 1 TEAM
Hawthorn v Essendon
MCG

FB:

New: Karl Amon (Port Adelaide), Lloyd Meek (Fremantle), Fergus Greene (Box Hill), Cam Mackenzie
That team can sure cover the ground!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROUND 1 TEAM
Hawthorn v Essendon
MCG

FB:

Anyone know when they will name the sub? I assume they select that role from the four listed emergencies?

Also all I will say about Scrimmers not being named in the side is that the players selected would want to put in a decent effort this week as that is a quality player who is not getting a spot.

If I had to guess, Frenchy took CMac1s spot at half forward to lock in his debut, but will probably come on off the bench.

This is the team I was hoping for, it looks like Sam wants two dedicated wingers with Bramble and Amon. Once Morrison is back I think Bramble gets left off, until then they seme to see the wing as an important part of our system and fundamental knowledge of the position will be required to run out there, not just as a rest spot for mids.

If I had to guess, Frenchy took CMac1s spot at half forward to lock in his debut, but will probably come on off the bench.

This is the team I was hoping for, it looks like Sam wants two dedicated wingers with Bramble and Amon. Once Morrison is back I think Bramble gets left off, until then they seme to see the wing as an important part of our system and fundamental knowledge of the position will be required to run out there, not just as a rest spot for mids.
Yep that's why we grabbed Weddle , a dedicated winger hopefully he reaches the heights of Issy.

The team shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone. The competition for spots is hot just the way it should be. Loving it. Looking forward to Sunday. Hopefully a few nerves early and the we r away for 2023. Lets run them off their feet

Nash likely the sub. With how Mitchell spoke about trying to figure out maximum impact from the sub, I'd imagine Nash's height and versatility gives him an advantage.

Reeves off, Nash on. You've got a guy who can pinch hit in the ruck, be a decoy forward and with a massive tank. Interesting to see how it'll go.

Maybe for now. The best hawks teams have had 3 runners in the 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back