Preview Round 1, 2023: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 19th March, 4:40PM AEDT *PHILLIPOU, CAMINITI DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 36 43.4%
  • Dockers

Votes: 47 56.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good opportunity for Bytel to try to stake a claim. I'm certain he'll tag. The concern is his tank.

The wings will be Hill and Wood which is pretty strong.
Never a better time for Bytel grab this opportunity. Same goes for Byrnes, he also has grab this opportunity.

Probably won't get too many more opportunities if they don't make the most of this first half of the season while waiting for injured players to come back.

If we are being honest we really need a huge amount of luck to win. We probably match them or even beat them in the backline but they kill us in the midfield and beat us in the forward line. I think Marshall needs a blinder and darcy is a bloody good ruck and Jackson can play some very good games. All I want is 102% effort for 110% of time. That still may mean a pretty big loss but I’m a futures punter. By the way I’m thunderstruck in the all star mile today.

No not even close. Cost heaps.

You have to wonder with the public mentions of the Saints interest in De Koning, with the very public telegraphing of intent that we are interested and see him as a valuable addition to our list, that it simply is a clever tactic to put Carlton under salary cap stress, by them having to overpay to keep him. Yes we are very interested in De Koning and see him as a great future player, all whilst Carlton negotiate De Konings next contract.

Looks like a case of ramping up the price to affect Carlton, more than a genuine interest. If he falls free we won't be giving up everything for him, as the salary speculation has weakened Carltons hand to hold and negotiate to keep him. That seems to be more likely the plan here. That is a much better alternative than we are simply telling all and sundry who we are interested in.

If you want to stretch further, we may be interested in another player completely that Carlton also has an interest in and the ramping up of De Konings salary puts Carlton out of that race. There seems to be a lot of rat cunning at the Saints now, so there is more than likely lots behind any public utterances of interest in other teams players. If so after working over Carlton, which player and team do we target next to put their salary cap under pressure??

100%
When you see Bytel in the guts and Byrnes on the wing , scares the crap out of me , up forward isn't exciting me either
You better have a drink before the game 😉

z7kF9lr.gif

You have to wonder with the public mentions of the Saints interest in De Koning, with the very public telegraphing of intent that we are interested and see him as a valuable addition to our list, that it simply is a clever tactic to put Carlton under salary cap stress, by them having to overpay to keep him. Yes we are very interested in De Koning and see him as a great future player, all whilst Carlton negotiate De Konings next contract.

Looks like a case of ramping up the price to affect Carlton, more than a genuine interest. If he falls free we won't be giving up everything for him, as the salary speculation has weakened Carltons hand to hold and negotiate to keep him. That seems to be more likely the plan here. That is a much better alternative than we are simply telling all and sundry who we are interested in.

If you want to stretch further, we may be interested in another player completely that Carlton also has an interest in and the ramping up of De Konings salary puts Carlton out of that race. There seems to be a lot of rat cunning at the Saints now, so there is more than likely lots behind any public utterances of interest in other teams players. If so after working over Carlton, which player and team do we target next to put their salary cap under pressure??
All too confusing for me. I still think he is exactly who we should interested in. Will cost heaps though. Not worried money wise but picks wise

If you hear SOS talk about Carlton, there is some genuine bitterness about the way he was treated. Don't be surprised if he does some nasty acts of sabotage. Wouldn't attend his son's 100th game last night. That's bad blood. I think we probably have an interest but don't put it past him to play nasty.

Strange to read an article this morning saying Carlton are keen on Ben McKay. And just on McKay, they said he's entering his seventh season and has played in just seven wins! 😳

Strange to read an article this morning saying Carlton are keen on Ben McKay. And just on McKay, they said he's entering his seventh season and has played in just seven wins! 😳
Yep. 7 wins, 1 draw, 44 losses. He waited almost 3 years for his 2nd win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I'm naive but I don't feel like the issue is the forward line. Even though it's inexperienced if we can win in the midfield then I think we will generate a score to win.

The issue is winning in the middle.

Can't see how they could afford him if they are tight.

If we are being honest we really need a huge amount of luck to win. We probably match them or even beat them in the backline but they kill us in the midfield and beat us in the forward line. I think Marshall needs a blinder and darcy is a bloody good ruck and Jackson can play some very good games. All I want is 102% effort for 110% of time. That still may mean a pretty big loss but I’m a futures punter. By the way I’m thunderstruck in the all star mile today.
Syd r 3 Number 4 should give you some funds to put on the non winner

There are no McKay twins, that is a lie pushed by big afl lamestream media.

I think I'm naive but I don't feel like the issue is the forward line. Even though it's inexperienced if we can win in the midfield then I think we will generate a score to win.

The issue is winning in the middle.

Even an ordinary forward line can look good if your midfield are winning and getting a lot of entries inside 50.

I think we can match Freo in the middle but I'm not sure we can beat them with Darcy/Jackson rucking along with Brayshaw, Serong, JOM and Brodie they have a pretty formidable midfield set up and they can also throw Fyfe in there too. We will be doing well just to break even with them there.

There are no McKay twins, that is a lie pushed by big afl lamestream media.

Yeah apparently they are the same person, Ben always seems to miss games whenever North play Carlton which just backs up that conspiracy theory.

We should have won 2009. Kicked ourselves out of it when we had the chance to put them away. Same with 1997. It's like the pressure of the previous generations missing out piled up on them.

1997 DGAF, go the biffo, what's the worst that could happen, instead 8 goal reversal from 2 blokes and scuttled.
2009, half convinced AFL narrative bullshit, there is no way in any professional league anywhere that you keep result of right post deflection and pushing dates to within right global banning blood spinning on a bloke that kicked 3 and not have some bullshit floating around somewhere. Hell, you stripped brownlows from "potential" cheating since you can't actually prove it but don't question the cup? It stinks.

Crows haven't really fired a shot since '98, Hawks basically blueprinted our Kosi+Roo with Lance+Roughy, we repeated twice after a couple stalled prelims since '97, you need luck and we had zero of it. Covid was ours to take just because everything was random and everyone was having a bad time of it and hey, that's where we thrive, in the shit flinging it everywhere hoping something sticks, it was still possible but; well, it's us so something in the backend was breaking, someone pushed wrong buttons, there was a dog that ate things and it got stalled again.

When it clicks, if it clicks, we'll be friggen brilliant, that's what people see for me, things that can be fixed but whatever reason something always come up in admin so it just ends up being too hard and burned out. This after period from shit covid times, even with shit injuries at this juncture, find ways and that cup is juicy as no one is really scary or insurmountable.

I don't understand why Sharman never seems to get a go, given what he's shown.
It’s very surprising to see he wasn’t given a go with all the injuries. You think with Membrey out there would be a spot for him:

He’s shown he’s talented enough but there must be something he’s not doing right.

Hopefully Ross making him work will eventually make him a better player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back