Preview Round 1, 2023: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 19th March, 4:40PM AEDT *PHILLIPOU, CAMINITI DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 36 43.4%
  • Dockers

Votes: 47 56.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was SOS behind Stocker?

Stocker was training at the Saints before we got SOS.

Stocker has looked good throughout the preseason. He deserves his shot with us.
Pretty obvious isn’t it?

Ross and SOS are tight. Gallagher was on the way out and clearly they new SOS was a good chance for the role. Even though he wasn’t “official” at the time Stocker joined the club as a train-on, he would’ve definitely had his say on it.

My word we are. Can’t think of any other club that’s had so much weird s**t happen to.

• That umpire,
  • Sirengate,
  • flooded Etihad roof in pre season
  • GF pre game where the change rooms were flooded,
  • washed out game in Mackay,
  • delayed pre season game at Geelong due to ground flooding,
  • lights out game at Waverley,
  • whispers in the sky game
  • Pig at Full Forward
  • changing our jumper to Red, Yellow and black due to WW1 Germany.

I’m sure there’s plenty more. It’s honestly a joke how we’re almost always involved.
Our only flag having our players in mostly Collingwood jumpers because they all swapped
Hawkins hitting the post causing score reviews to come into effect.
Being part of the last ever drawn GF when we had all the momentum.

I'm not salty or anything....

All my selections and those of the coaches are 100% congruent and based in facts and logic, capiche?

Our only flag having our players in mostly Collingwood jumpers because they all swapped

Don't know if this counts but: Andrew Thompson having his eye accidentally gouged by an umpire's whistle.

I'm still dirty on the careless tit of an umpire that did that.

Sharman has pinch hit too. Not sure that Cordy is any better. Cordy is a limited player who has reached his ceiling. At least Sharman might have a gear to go up in him.
I'm not as big a fan of Sharman as you admit too, but I can see potential in the bloke...I'm assuming the coaches do too. Lyon was talking about him quite a bit in the preseason and seemed impressed, then The Hammer arrived and it was end game. He obviously has aspects that he needs to work on for potential to be realised.
He'll get opportunity as the year progresses one would think, hopefully with potential maximised.

I'm kinda pinning my hopes on the coaching for this one. Will be very interesting. IF we had the same crew as last year I would be chalking this one up as a ten goal hiding. We now have one of those coaches that can just find a way though.
And smarter assistants that the coach is willing to listen too 👍

From the bench I’m going certain webster wjndhanger if fit Phillipou and caminiti. Hopefully Campbell is the other but maybe Paton. Bytel for windhanger if not fit. The side needs a miracle like Jesus coming back from the dead. Don’t gresh at ff. Plenty of height.
It is getting close to that time of the year again

Lethers stand up routine.

"Hey Hunter we tried to trade you to North"

"Good to see you back mate"

Lethers trying to be funny reminds me of the Simpsons Arnold Schwarzenegger character doing stand up. Looks about as natural doing comedy as Angela Merkel would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not as big a fan of Sharman as you admit too, but I can see potential in the bloke...I'm assuming the coaches do too. Lyon was talking about him quite a bit in the preseason and seemed impressed, then The Hammer arrived and it was end game. He obviously has aspects that he needs to work on for potential to be realised.
He'll get opportunity as the year progresses one would think, hopefully with potential maximised.
Watch him end up on the wing again

100%
When you see Bytel in the guts and Byrnes on the wing , scares the crap out of me , up forward isn't exciting me either
It's a good opportunity for Bytel to try to stake a claim. I'm certain he'll tag. The concern is his tank.

The wings will be Hill and Wood which is pretty strong.

Then of course we come up against the greatest Geelong team of all team compared to a Dpgs team that had a dream run with injuries and umpiring and the Deez overcoming their droughts. Imo our 2009 team would’ve walked over any premiership. Team since 2015

Then of course we come up against the greatest Geelong team of all team compared to a Dpgs team that had a dream run with injuries and umpiring and the Deez overcoming their droughts. Imo our 2009 team would’ve walked over any premiership. Team since 2015

We should have won 2009. Kicked ourselves out of it when we had the chance to put them away. Same with 1997. It's like the pressure of the previous generations missing out piled up on them.

Excited about the debuts but it's a weak side on paper.

Would expect Paton to be the sub.
Paton, Campbell and Windy not named in VFL praccy match. Assuming Windy really has been left out due to hand still recovering leaves Paton as the more likely and then Campbell held over in case something happens to a tall overnight

Our 2005 side was even better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back