Game Day Round 1, 2023: St.Kilda v Fremantle *PHILLIPOU, CAMINITI DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.webp

Hope we are competitive for four quarters. I think Lyon had already worked out that our midfield is a problem, so he will trying a different approach with Bytel, Byrnes and probably Clark in there while he gets the best mix. Not sure how this game will turn out.

Not overly worried about the result TBH. All I’m looking out for this year is game style and seeing how guys like Clark, Phillipou, Owens, Caminiti etc play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm also mildly optimistic here, Freo fielding a different sort of team to last year + I don't rate them, we're fielding a team of of youthful hungry beasts eager to impress. Saints by 13 points, Marshall / Clark BOG, Bytel 25 possessions plus, Dougal to Dougal it up not even once.

Having said that when I watched the Pies Cats game my overiding thought was, we'd get done by 10 goals if we were playing...

Watching the Dogs last night I think we are a chance against them next week. They look disorganised. So of the first two I'm seeing that as the more likely win.

It's round one and sometimes teams aren't as good as expected, eg Lions. We need to hope that's the case here. I'm confident that we can be better than expected, there's still a lot of quality on the park for us and if the young guys can play their role we are a chance.

A win would be amazing for the club with the big celebration game coming up in round three. It looks like a huge ask though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back