Autopsy Round 1, 2023: St.Kilda v Fremantle *PHILLIPOU, CAMINITI DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL. Was chatting to two Saints fans today and i said "Did Jaeger play?" and they both said "Nah". All three of us were at the game.

Didn’t see him touch it once at the game

Haha same thing happened to me. I put the replay on the next morning and I went, holy s**t, O'meara plays for fremantle now. Holy s**t, he was there last night.
Did not notice him at all somehow.
Thank ****.

Thought there was something wrong with me.

Came on here to be vulnerable that I had a moment of stupid.

Turns out he was just shit and not worth noticing.

Best defence in the league after Rnd 1

Ross needs a fair bit of praise for keeping battle down back, despite the shocking run with tall fwd injuries.

No-one would have begrudged him if he took the easier/safer path and played battle forward instead of caminti/philipou/cordy.

Battle was immense- a huge part of us winning.

Had he kicked the goal late in the 4th. People would be raving.

He took the game on time and time again and helped us attack.

I had 3-4 mates watching - all message half way through the third that we need to take the game on.

Very next play was NWM bursting from half back through the centre.

He gets it. He has smarts.

Needs to clean up disposal etc. but that comes with games. He is probably another 30ish from the game just slowing down completely for him
Considering he hasn't played 20 games and that was his his first in defence I think he tracking very well.
If he and Sinclair stay at half back they'll be tearing teams apart before long.

Had he kicked the goal late in the 4th. People would be raving.

He took the game on time and time again and helped us attack.

I had 3-4 mates watching - all message half way through the third that we need to take the game on.

Very next play was NWM bursting from half back through the centre.

He gets it. He has smarts.

Needs to clean up disposal etc. but that comes with games. He is probably another 30ish from the game just slowing down completely for him

100% agree with this .. he is still the best kick in our side he just gets a bit rushed .. that will definitely click .. love him off half back and he will start hitting his targets

Best example I can remember was jack newnes first 20 games he looked really rushed and made mistakes even though you knew he was a beautiful kick …. The next 80 odd he was prob the best user in our team .

Yeah I find Butler pretty hard to love, Higgins too tbh. We were spoiled by having a top quality small forward to watch for so long, the mediocre ones are so painful.

Higgins is a gun.

Gonna do a brilliant milne impersonation under rtb once we get the likes of membrey hayes and king back

O'Meara's career was wrecked by his dodgy knee, we made out like bandits getting basically Coffield, Battle and Long (now Van Es) for pick 10.

Watched the replay last night after everyone said he was invisible and saw him once when they talked about him coming across from the Hawks to play a Mundy role.

Well Mundy must have played as the invisible man, I literally didn't notice him again in the game. We think Billings is vanilla, if there is something blander than vanilla, O'Meara is it.

Have a look how many goals Mattaes was involved in Video

Yeah score involvements were interesting:

7: Wood
6: Phillipou
5: Gresham
4: Butler, Bytel, Hill
3: Byrnes, Caminiti, Clark, Crouch, Owens, Wanganeen-Milera, Wilkie
2: Cordy, Higgins, Howard, Marshall, Paton, Sinclair, Steele, Webster

Thank *.

Thought there was something wrong with me.

Came on here to be vulnerable that I had a moment of stupid.

Turns out he was just s**t and not worth noticing.

I saw the posts about Jaeger and wondered if some posters thought it was Apr the 1st, looked at the stats. He appears in the stats, news to me cannot recall him at all.

Hardly any players get a tag, Freo let him get it like we let Brayshaw get it. His kicking in that game was no worse or better than most of our good kicks. He set up one goal through his kicking with a laser pass, one of the few pure entries of the night.
He had 27 disposals and 16 were effective and 6 turnovers , so six of his 19 kicks missed the target or he kicked into the man on the mark .
If you call 1/3 of his kicks missing the target acceptable that's fine but i don't

He had 27 disposals and 16 were effective and 6 turnovers , so six of his 19 kicks missed the target or he kicked into the man on the mark .
If you call 1/3 of his kicks missing the target acceptable that's fine but i don't
Considering the Ross Lyon does not care tht much about disposal efficiency. We need to ignore the missed targets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering the Ross Lyon does not care tht much about disposal efficiency. We need to ignore the missed targets

Since when ?
Don’t worry about all those highfalutin elitist DM/PM groups those snobs on here crap on about Captain; I’ve sent you a message 👍🏻

VO4W4ux.gif

Brad Hill mentioned it again in todays herald sun.
its been talked about prevously.
I cant believe for one second that Ross doesn't give a sh1t how many times we turn it over , turnovers = Goals

I cant believe for one second that Ross doesn't give a sh1t how many times we turn it over , turnovers = Goals
He said in an interview just after taking this job that he has never been a skills based coach, that he coaches effort and structure. Has said similar many times over the years

Last edited:
He said in an interview just after taking this job that he has never been a skills based coach, that he coaches effort and structure. Has said similar many times of the years
Oh , i never heard that ,
Cheers

How was that sincs spoil coming from no where on the wing
Just launched at the contest

I dislike umpires more than the next one but the online bashing of one is a bit off. We’re better then that.

**** em they need to own the mistakes and stop injecting themselves on the game so the tv can catch their new haircut from the hairdressers

Absolute shocking decsions that half the supporter base and media are calling out and the best they can do is cry in their milk

(Obvious no offence to u and diff opinions etc )

Theyre going ro ruin a very important game one day and the shit is going to hit the fan

Not sure if it has been mentioned but how many score involvements was Phillipou in?
He kicked 1, had a goal kicked from a play on that he marked and I reckon there was at at least 2 more where he was involved in the chain. That's huuge!
Outstanding debut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 1, 2023: St.Kilda v Fremantle *PHILLIPOU, CAMINITI DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back