Autopsy Round 1, 2023: St.Kilda v Fremantle *PHILLIPOU, CAMINITI DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchito plays like a 150 gamer. Hopefully his hands improve

Hunter Clark’s effort and intensity is something I have never seen from him
Before.

The thing with Mitch is he has a massive sense for kicking goals and he wins contests for fun. Going to be a beast in the midfield for us. Cannot wait.
Can’t wait for Mitch and Philipou to move into the midfield. Going to be fun to watch.

Last edited:
He is marked as a poor kick because he is a poor kick , did you not see the game ?
And PS i had big wraps on the kid years ago but still have doubts on him , he got all those disposals because Freo let him run free.
Freo were not worried about him getting the ball as he has no hurt factor , i hope he proves me wrong and i guess time will tell.
That is nonsense

12 of his possessions were contested, that is hardly just running free.

As for no hurt factor, well his ability to burst away from a pack and get the ball forward quickly seemed to hurt them quite a few times.

He is marked as a poor kick because he is a poor kick , did you not see the game ?
And PS i had big wraps on the kid years ago but still have doubts on him , he got all those disposals because Freo let him run free.
Freo were not worried about him getting the ball as he has no hurt factor , i hope he proves me wrong and i guess time will tell.
27 disposals is far better than a lot of the more experienced players we have had in the past , if he can win a contested ball he is ahead of a lot of players - one thing about him is he shows guts and determination and that is why he is in the side I suppose.
As you say Risky time will tell if he can keep it up - but it is only one game - but at least he is a gives his all.

What I found with him also he chases everything - would you have him or Billings I don't know.

How was that sincs spoil coming from no where on the wing
Just launched at the contest

* em they need to own the mistakes and stop injecting themselves on the game so the tv can catch their new haircut from the hairdressers

Absolute shocking decsions that half the supporter base and media are calling out and the best they can do is cry in their milk

(Obvious no offence to u and diff opinions etc )

Theyre going ro ruin a very important game one day and the s**t is going to hit the fan
Like Dogs v Sydney GF. But nothing is done.

he's messy but so was Jack Stevens. He surprised me on the weekend 'cos I'd pretty much written him off.
Damn you've got a good memory. Had to look that up:
Jack Stevens (24 July 1929 – 15 March 2013) was an Australian rules footballer who played with Geelong and South Melbourne in the Victorian Football League (VFL).

Kind of wish I didn't look up Ryan Byrne:
"Ryan Byrne arrives at court to be sentenced for the manslaughter death of his father Dwaine in November 2020."

How was that sincs spoil coming from no where on the wing
Just launched at the contest

* em they need to own the mistakes and stop injecting themselves on the game so the tv can catch their new haircut from the hairdressers

Absolute shocking decsions that half the supporter base and media are calling out and the best they can do is cry in their milk

(Obvious no offence to u and diff opinions etc )

Theyre going ro ruin a very important game one day and the s**t is going to hit the fan
Look I agree I hatem
But I just thought some of the abuse crossed the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does people see Wanganeen Milera’s game?

I think him at half back unfortunately reminds me of Hill at the backline. Can’t really defend and makes a lot of kicking mistakes, there was one play in the 2nd quarter he was running into the midfield with the ball, ended up kicking into the player in front of him. Lack of awareness and has not adjusted yet. In everyone of his game last year, his kicking was iffy. Not the elite kicking mid we were hoping for yet.

I would like to see Paton play the half back role. At least Paton has played there before and can defend and provide run as needed.
He needs time to learn the position. He will be good. Very good. Whether that’s with us is another thing.

Now in hindsight it's interesting to listen to Longmuir's comments before the bounce on Sunday. Said he was nervous and anxious about how they'd perform, which I think is somewhat normal for an opening game but he didn't look very confident at all, and then we saw what happened in the two hours following. Scratched his nose as he said "I trust the players have done the work" too LOL

The messaging all week from Ross was completely different, all about possibility and the players being flint hard and ready to compete.

I cant believe for one second that Ross doesn't give a sh1t how many times we turn it over , turnovers = Goals
He said in an interview just after taking this job that he has never been a skills based coach, that he coaches effort and structure. Has said similar many times over the years
Oh , i never heard that ,
Cheers

W3uvlhQ.gif

Now in hindsight it's interesting to listen to Longmuir's comments before the bounce on Sunday. Said he was nervous and anxious about how they'd perform, which I think is somewhat normal for an opening game but he didn't look very confident at all, and then we saw what happened in the two hours following. Scratched his nose as he said "I trust the players have done the work" too LOL

The messaging all week from Ross was completely different, all about possibility and the players being flint hard and ready to compete.
Hey mate, sorry
Ross Train is full 😎

Hey mate, sorry
Ross Train is full 😎
Aren't you from the backwaters of WA? The St.Kilda train was full a long time ago, son. Go and cheer on the local wEsT cOaSt eAgLeS

Now in hindsight it's interesting to listen to Longmuir's comments before the bounce on Sunday. Said he was nervous and anxious about how they'd perform, which I think is somewhat normal for an opening game but he didn't look very confident at all, and then we saw what happened in the two hours following. Scratched his nose as he said "I trust the players have done the work" too
LOL

Hey mate, sorry
Ross Train is full 😎

6cZuDcB.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 1, 2023: St.Kilda v Fremantle *PHILLIPOU, CAMINITI DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back