Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

495/6 so far

Cripps and Laird are absolute bloody guns! Smith did around what I expected, hopefully he starts knocking out some tons but 91 is a solid baseline to start the season, and Doedee had a great debut.

Wish I had gone with a cheaper rookie than Dow in the mids though, would've saved me some cash for what is likely going to be a similar score. Merrett's concussion isn't ideal either, hopefully he gets up next week but 2 concussions in such a small period of time means it's unlikely, you guys thinking of holding or switching him out?

Also I propose we rename Douglas to Thuglas.

Anyone have any idea how much Zerrett will lose?

5/361, picked up exactly where I left it last year. Had Zerrett, put Doedee to the bench and selected Shai Bolton @F6. The kick in the teeth will be watching Duncan outscore Dusty by 30+ points on Sunday all because I wanted the loophole VC :mad::gun:

511/6 so far. The Weitering gamble didn't pay off so I've gone stef down to NN to free up cash and give me 360k in the bank to get in simmo next week. Dodged zerrett, looking forward to picking him up for a discount in the coming weeks.

Fogarty looked great, only 2 goals though, enough to stay in?
Doedee's 80 on the bench :/ at least he'll still be there next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

679/8

Dow let me down, and Krezuer's injury did not help at all. But I got good returns out of Laird, M.Crouch, McGrath, Smith and Doedee. Fogarty's 49 wasn't great but he'll be traded out when Walker comes back to the Crows team from injury.

318/4

I was enjoying having the footy back so much until Zerrett got knocked out on 23 :'(. Even if he's named next week I think I'll have to trade him on to someone else as he will be set to lose lots of cash.

I think he will become one of Dusty, Duncan or J.Kelly.

318/4

I was enjoying having the footy back so much until Zerrett got knocked out on 23 :'(. Even if he's named next week I think I'll have to trade him on to someone else as he will be set to lose lots of cash.

If he plays you would hold him surely..you only lose cash if you sell him.. if you him all season you lose nothing.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

318/4

I reckon you have to hold him one more week assuming he makes the trip to Freo. Averaged 134 in his two outings against them last season. Last thing you want to have happen is trade him to someone like Danger only for him to re-tweak that hammy on Easter Monday (or any other gun who then gets injured for that matter) whilst Zerrett bangs out a 130 plusser. That would almost be grounds for a team delete scenario after Rd2 morale-wise.

If he then doesn't ton up next week and appears "affected" then by all means offload him for another bull who has come charging out of the gates. I guess it also depends on how many rookie or other corrections you think you may need in the next couple of weeks so maybe see how the rest of the weekend goes first. No easy answers as per usual in this game.

Last edited:
If he plays you would hold him surely..you only lose cash if you sell him.. if you him all season you lose nothing.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon you have to hold him one more week assuming he makes the trip to Freo next week. Averaged 134 in his two outings against them last season. Last thing you want to have happen is trade him to someone like Danger only for him to re-tweak that hammy on Easter Monday (or any other gun who then gets injured for that matter) whilst Zerrett bangs out a 130 plusser. That would almost be grounds for a team delete scenario after Rd2!

If he then doesn't ton up next week and appears "affected" then by all means offload him for another bull who has come charging out of the gates. I guess it also depends on how many rookie or other corrections you think you may need in the next couple of weeks so maybe see how the rest of the weekend goes first. No easy answers as usual in this game.

Yeah you might be right fellas, just the 2 concussions within about a month of each other are a worry. However it did seem as though the doctors were being extremely conservative as Merrett was very frustrated when they said his night was done.

Just looked at his last 3 games against Freo, 144, 124 and 121. Will probably have to back him in to bounce back with a 120+ score!

Also as frustrating as his score is, the majority of decent coaches will have him so it shouldn't set us back too much. However for the good coaches that didn't start him they have a massive leg up on the competition!

Also as frustrating as his score is, the majority of decent coaches will have him so it shouldn't set us back too much. However for the good coaches that didn't start him they have a massive leg up on the competition!
Most coaches will have at least one issue, setback or disappointment to deal with after one round. For me thus far it was self inflicted so I only have myself to blame and not blind luck.

Somehow in the pandemonium of juggling 3 different teams across the various formats in the minutes before first lock-out I manged to bork my captain's loop in RDT which is something I haven't screwed up executing properly in SC each week in years. Ended up with the C on Dusty rather than VC. Fortunately not too much damage done although I'll be sweating on the Pies v Hawks tonight and hoping Titch doesn't have another 50+ touch game. :praying:

Last edited:
Yeah you might be right fellas, just the 2 concussions within about a month of each other are a worry. However it did seem as though the doctors were being extremely conservative as Merrett was very frustrated when they said his night was done.

I can't remember who it was that said it (but 99% sure it was Essendon FC staff), but it was mentioned that Merrett's prior injury was "just blurred vision" and not actually concussion. And look, I'm no doctor but maybe he really is some chance to play next week. (My long-term faith is somewhat shaken though.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back