Competitions Round 1 Lineup vs Fremantle - CLOSING TONIGHT!! 9.00pm. GET YOUR FINAL TEAMS IN BY THEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB Morris Roberts Boyd
HB Wood Hamling Murphy
C Macrae Libba Hunter
HF Dahlhaus Redpath Daniel
FF Dickson Boyd Stringer
R Campbell Bont Wallis
In JJ Jong Picken Suckling
Em Roughead McLean Dale
Looks right but id give minno first crack

Let's be honest, with Sandilands out, we need the ruckman who is the best chance of giving the mids the best service. I'd back Minson in to beat a sub standard ruckman.

Got back to his early form of 2013 before his ACL injury. He dominated
the WAFL through the first half of the season, averaging 33 hit outs
and kicking nine goals before overtaking Zac Clarke as the Dockers
second ruckman. He played eight games late in the year, including
the prelim where he kicked two goals and was impressive. He won
the clubs best clubman award and extended his contract to 2017.

Note- I thought you rated (Zac Clarke), Griffin defecated him.

Got back to his early form of 2013 before his ACL injury. He dominated
the WAFL through the first half of the season, averaging 33 hit outs
and kicking nine goals before overtaking Zac Clarke as the Dockers
second ruckman. He played eight games late in the year, including
the prelim where he kicked two goals and was impressive. He won
the clubs best clubman award and extended his contract to 2017.

Note- I thought you rated (Zac Clarke), Griffin defecated him.
Used to rate Clarke... I'm as fickle as they come.

If Griffin was that good he'd have played more than 77 games by the age of 30. He's average at best.

Used to rate Clarke... I'm as fickle as they come.

If Griffin was that good he'd have played more than 77 games by the age of 30. He's average at best.
Daniel Currie from the Gold coast has played 4 games, it's tough trying to
overtake a bus sometimes. Griffin has played 36 games at Freo and he
has been stuck behind the biggest bus ever and had an ACL to boot.
Hell come to think of it Currie could be our number 1 too.

Daniel Currie from the Gold coast has played 4 games, it's tough trying to
overtake a bus sometimes. Griffin has played 36 games at Freo and he
has been stuck behind the biggest bus ever and had an ACL to boot.
Hell come to think of it Currie could be our number 1 too.
I like your sense of humour :thumbsu:

The Ruck debate is really interesting. I'm leaning towards a combination of Campbell and Roughead over Minson, especially with Boyd not being a lock.

Campbell is by all reports having a great pre-season and is a better forward target. Roughy can play back, ruck, and forward. These two gives us so much more flexibility than Minson who is pretty much a straight ruckman.

The Ruck debate is really interesting. I'm leaning towards a combination of Campbell and Roughead over Minson, especially with Boyd not being a lock.

Campbell is by all reports having a great pre-season and is a better forward target. Roughy can play back, ruck, and forward. These two gives us so much more flexibility than Minson who is pretty much a straight ruckman.

If Redpath and Toyd play we probably can't carry 2 more bigs so be interesting to see how they go about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say one of them with Toyd as backup is enough. Especially if we go the Toyd/Redpath double.

I expect Redpath and Boyd both to play round 1 and share the 2nd ruck duties.

Campbell or Minson to be number 1 with Roughead playing back on their second ruck and an additional option to go into the ruck.

I expect Redpath and Boyd both to play round 1 and share the 2nd ruck duties.

Campbell or Minson to be number 1 with Roughead playing back on their second ruck and an additional option to go into the ruck.
Not sure I can see the drink going that big.

Starting to think Roughead will start on the bench and rotate through key defence, key forward and the ruck.

So hamling and Roberts in key defence, redpath as the one key forward and then campbell in the ruck. Roughead giving them all a chop out. No Boyd.

So:

Fb: wood Roberts Morris
Hb: Boyd hamling murph
C: macrae Wallis hunter
Hf: Dickson stringer Stevens
Ff: dal redpath Mclean
R: campbell bontempelli Libba
Ic: picken suckling roughead Jj

Em: Biggs Webb Daniel

Unless he stamps himself as the first ruck then I don't particularly rate what Roughy would give this side. Doesn't do any damage whatsoever when paying as a forward, I also don't want the KPD unit being unsettled by throwing a ruckman down their and so far he hasn't proven that he can be the first ruck.

Would go with Boyd and Redpath and probably Wilbur as our ruck.

There is a reason we rushed him back for the elimination final.

Starting to think Roughead will start on the bench and rotate through key defence, key forward and the ruck.

So hamling and Roberts in key defence, redpath as the one key forward and then campbell in the ruck. Roughead giving them all a chop out. No Boyd.

So:

Could not fit JJ in

So:

Think coach panel more likely to play Toyd early in the season when grounds dry and fresh = passes better ... and Bev prepared to phase Toyd in and out as tires or needed: long term project. With less weight now could see him playing higher fwd.. much better one on one and leave Redpath and Campbell for the bomb

Think coach panel more likely to play Toyd early in the season when grounds dry and fresh = passes better ... and Bev prepared to phase Toyd in and out as tires or needed: long term project. With less weight now could see him playing higher fwd.. much better one on one and leave Redpath and Campbell for the bomb

Would have it around the opposite way. Boyd as the deep option and Redpath as the CHF. Redpath is a very good field kick so I think that is his role to lose/leads to the right spots and then use Boyd as the deep forward/2nd ruck.

But in modern football you can't just leave a player in the same spot the whole game. Boyd will also have to get on his bike and push up the ground as well.

We need to give this combination more time. Thought Bev was too quick to dismiss it last year even though Redders played poorly in that first game. That being said they do need to expand their roles so that we can fit them both in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back