Round 1 v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought since Panns thread is closed for the competition we should get this thread up and running.
All pre selection and post selection talk up to game day. As shown by a few threads around here selection and game day can't come quick enough :p
Go Dogs!

I want to see Bontempelli, Stringer and Macrae in the first centre bounce. Freo's tall midfield is their strength, those three are all 193+ and can match them.

Its not their midfield that concerns me, its there small forwards. They could cause us plenty of headaches on sunday. As for first bounce ill be expecting wallis, bont and macrae to line up in the guts

I want to see Bontempelli, Stringer and Macrae in the first centre bounce. Freo's tall midfield is their strength, those three are all 193+ and can match them.
Great point!

This is a big game for us and Fremantle are certainly getable. I'd say us by around 20.

Macrae is 191 and Stringer and Bontempelli are 192. Your idea still works though.

Last edited:
These games where you get two vastly different approaches
to football in every sense are always difficult to anticipate
in terms of a result. Two questions will be answered in the
first round encounter, 1- Are Fremantle too old and slow to
contend in 2016. And 2- Are the Bulldogs Ross Lyon's bitch.

Let us pray for number 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo by 4 points. We will put up a good fight but eventually our lack of composure in front of the sticks will let us down.
You claim to be Bulldogs supporter and have little faith in the team we going play . You are negative person and don't think you posting crap like that fully support team Regarless our opponent I think we can win very game this year !

You claim to be Bulldogs supporter and have little faith in the team we going play . You are negative person and don't think you posting crap like that fully support team Regarless our opponent I think we can win very game this year !
I wasn't being negative, Freo are a strong side. I said we will put up a good contest but I expect us to fall just short.

These games where you get two vastly different approaches
to football in every sense are always difficult to anticipate
in terms of a result. Two questions will be answered in the
first round encounter, 1- Are Fremantle too old and slow to
contend in 2016. And 2- Are the Bulldogs Ross Lyon's bitch.

Let us pray for number 1.

We had this battle in our Round 1 game last year.
Defensive Freo vs Attacking Port. We managed to grind them down and get on top. It didn't help Port that they went in with few of their players underdone. But that was at our home ground.

Think it'll be a cracker, I'm expecting it to be the game of the round.

Looking forward to this, we play Etihad so well, feel really confident we can give freo a really good run for their money.

Really hope T Boyd plays well, and that that rust from last game is gone from all the older guys.

Bring it on.

Last time...
We almost beat them.
We gave them a five or 6 goal start.
We had Ayce Cordy playing for us.

We should win by 30+ based on that.
AND they're without Sandilands. Though how often do Freo get beaten by 30+? Think it will be an absolute ripper and I can't wait for Sunday to roll around.

We had this battle in our Round 1 game last year.
Defensive Freo vs Attacking Port. We managed to grind them down and get on top. It didn't help Port that they went in with few of their players underdone. But that was at our home ground.

Think it'll be a cracker, I'm expecting it to be the game of the round.
Loved the Freo Vs Port games, Freo make you earn it the hard way and
their important players are not always obvious. Much respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back