Round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by FitzroyRamone

I'll be flying up for the first round game, can't wait to destroy the Bombers.....again!!!!

Can anyone suggest a good pub in the Woolongabba region for pre-game drinks?

I would never have picked you as someone going to brissy for a match Ramone

Originally posted by FitzroyRamone
I'll be flying up for the first round game, can't wait to destroy the Bombers.....again!!!!

Can anyone suggest a good pub in the Woolongabba region for pre-game drinks?

I haven't personally been to either of these pubs pre-game but I know a lot of people that go to either the Story Bridge Hotel for dinner and a drink or The Pineapple Hotel. Alternatively the Lions Social Club at the gound is open on game days and you can have a drink and watch the curtain raiser as well. It is free entry into the social club if you are a member and I think there is a cover charge for non members of $5 or something. I'm not entirely sure on this so if anyone can assist here hop on and let our southern friend know.

Post game the Story Bridge goes off - last season Tuffy played there (local personality - big supporter of the Lions) and then if still standing The Adrenalin Sports Bar seems to be a popular place to go.

great place to watch the game at the gabba is on the walkway in front of the social club.....if you get a possy right on the railing ....the view of the field is funtastic and the bar is handy....i think its the only standing left in the ground....excellent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by keatings_gal

yeah u need safety in numbers there.... LOL
especially when playing port.. i have never been there... but its bad enough where we used to sit @ the gabba........

Actually I'd rather play Port than Adelaide @ footy park. The Port supporters may look ferral but they are actually footy nuts and aren't any trouble if they loose (I've been before), It's the Crows supporters who are dangerous and like scatching cars with Vic regos.

If you go over and are worried about that happening take off your number plates and chuck them in the boot.

Originally posted by Slax
Actually I'd rather play Port than Adelaide @ footy park. The Port supporters may look ferral but they are actually footy nuts and aren't any trouble if they loose (I've been before), It's the Crows supporters who are dangerous and like scatching cars with Vic regos.

If you go over and are worried about that happening take off your number plates and chuck them in the boot.

I agree with that. Been to a few Port matches, and once, my father and I (decked out in Lions gear) were asked to join a bunch of Port supporters for a beer and a barbie in the carpark, and never had any real problems, even when we had Port members tickets and sat in the middle of the members, they were very good-natured in defeat. :)

I've never found the Crows fans dangerous, but definitely a little bit nastier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back