Preview Round 13 Preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t sit by any longer and watch what is going on. The mulligans. The press conferences. I’m out. Off to the suns, I’ll be driving down the highway to their game this weekend. And see what their membership offerings are.

I can’t sit by any longer and watch what is going on. The mulligans. The press conferences. I’m out. Off to the suns, I’ll be driving down the highway to their game this weekend. And see what their membership offerings are.
You're gonna get a bit of a shock when you show up 3KZ 🤷

Alas poor Elixuh I knew him well..... :cry::cryv1:
tumblr_nxlpzwquI71spossoo1_540.gif

Welcome to the best club in Queensland

Like everyone else I'm hoping we regroup , get some good players in and can be a force again in 2025.

But being realistic it isn't going to magically happen just because we were a good team for 5 years.

We need a lot of improvement out of many of our guys who've been around for 5+ years and a more intelligent approach in coaching ,preparation and gameday tactics/gameplan. Besides the desperation and focus you need from the players.

Understandable.

THE RAYNER SELECTION LIMBO - HOW LOW CAN HE GO?

How bad does Rayner have to play to be dropped? Against Hawthorn he had three kicks out of his paltry seven disposals. He made ZERO impact.

Is it possible for Rayner to get less than 7 disposals in a game and still be selected? Only time will tell.

I don't get the rayner hate. He isn't dusty, will likely never be dusty but he is definitely an afl standard player. And improving every year.

We seem to projecting our disappointment onto him, instead of accepting him as a good but not brilliant player.

How bad does Rayner have to play to be dropped? Against Hawthorn he had three kicks out of his paltry seven disposals. He made ZERO impact.

Is it possible for Rayner to get less than 7 disposals in a game and still be selected? Only time will tell.

I'm predicting a BOG this weekend. BRB, just seeing if sportsbet has that as an option for my multi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get the rayner hate. He isn't dusty, will likely never be dusty but he is definitely an afl standard player. And improving every year.

We seem to projecting our disappointment onto him, instead of accepting him as a good but not brilliant player.

50% Rayner 50% Fagan

1717675894276.gif

I agree,

I agree, Gadzorks. Sure, Rayner is out of form, but so is the whole team. After the Hawthorn game, how many players really deserved to be selected in the firsts? I’d suggest we could have dropped half a dozen. For good or ill, Fagan doesn’t coach that way. It’s like tha t old joke about the Australian cricket team in the 1970’s, “easier to get into it, than get out of it.” Maybe that’s not a good way to select teams, but that’s the way our team is selected. I don’t it’s fair to single out Rayner.

Had a cpl of weeks off football. Haven't watched or read anything. Did some fishing, even read a book. Starting to catch up.

Clugg signed long term, never any doubt. Reville earnt another year, glad about that. And bloody Stuart Dew a skills coach once a week. Should be full time the way our skills have been. Picked up some new blood in the mid season draft. Do any have potential or are they just seat fillers? Have I missed anything else?

As for the game v Dogs, I'm not expecting a win. Don't think we'll win. We're not good after a bye, recent form suggests we're not good enough. Dogs had a good win v Pies and should be up and about. Having said that, we just have to click and we can do them. Kick straight, tackle, win the contest, all things we do well when playing well. I'm happy with the team. Really glad Bruuuce n Morris are holding their spots. Feel a bit sorry for Sharpie, but Starce was always coming back into the team. And Ryan didn't do near enough to keep Hippy out.

See how they go.

Had a cpl of weeks off football. Haven't watched or read anything. Did some fishing, even read a book. Starting to catch up.

Clugg signed long term, never any doubt. Reville earnt another year, glad about that. And bloody Stuart Dew a skills coach once a week. Should be full time the way our skills have been. Picked up some new blood in the mid season draft. Do any have potential or are they just seat fillers? Have I missed anything else?

As for the game v Dogs, I'm not expecting a win. Don't think we'll win. We're not good after a bye, recent form suggests we're not good enough. Dogs had a good win v Pies and should be up and about. Having said that, we just have to click and we can do them. Kick straight, tackle, win the contest, all things we do well when playing well. I'm happy with the team. Really glad Bruuuce n Morris are holding their spots. Feel a bit sorry for Sharpie, but Starce was always coming back into the team. And Ryan didn't do near enough to keep Hippy out.

See how they go.
Agree we're terrible after the bye. Lets see if this year is different. Dogs are pretty wounded, not much of a forward line. But I think that's almost where we go wrong. It might be just in my mind, but I think we're the worst team at letting the external noise in the media creep into our club. I hate being favourites, we always shit the bed. Seems like there's nothing we can't do, but we have to be strong underdogs to steel ourselves to play at our best.

Nah, to be fair, we were pretty good last year. The complacency thing is just this year.

1717677821612.png

Prepare to find out and then Hear something about it being the intangibles that he brings or something.

And yeah, Treloar says the game is played faster…so we drop our best runner. Not surprised but so frustrating that these blokes get punted no matter what they show while the undroppables continue to eh never be dropped.

Disappointing thing is we had some energy and run from good younger players. They are slowly getting sidelined

Brain - never given a proper shot although looked like be belonged

Sharp - had some some good games, put sub first time he was quiet and never suited to sub so gets punted week after

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back