Round 10 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta fix that backline. All other lines are solid enough. Very POD midfield too.

I'd turn Bryne-Jones and Harley into Simpson/Docherty and a rookie like Williams or Crocker.
Then next week do the same with Brown and Roberton. Maybe Rance and any old rookie.

Just keep mind of who's playing what bye round so you have 18 playing each bye week.

Cheers. Tried to go with a POD approach all over (had Higgins and Devon Smith before injuries), thought Roberton was good in 2015 and Macmillan would be in the top defenders.

My early thoughts are these 3 options.
First trade will be DBJ downgrade to prob Williams.
Second trade:
1. Gresh > Hopper, bank cash

2. Brown > Wingard

3. Stringer > Lids

Which one looks best?

Last edited:

What is the tactic/thinking behind trading in Uebergang? Understand he could be used as an extra loophole and gives you more cash on the trade, but if injuries strike later in the season and you need to rely on your two bench forwards you'll be up shyte creek without a paddle.

EDIT: Just checked and saw he has DEF/FWD status, so it reactivates that link. Makes sense if you still have Adams/Tippa/Brown down back to throw forward if needed.

Correct. I'm keeping Adams for this purpose. Also doing the same with Tippet and Grimley as ruck cover.

I really want Lachie Neal but my mid rookies arent worth enough and I can only swap one rookie from another position into the mids to downgrade for hopper
Yeah, interesting week of trading for me too.
DMac and DBJ my only maxed out rookies, but do people think DMac is worth a trade?

Brown, Tippa, Benken, Petracca, Davis, Hewitt, Kerridge, Smith and Lyons all still have money to make.

Would like to get Lids, but need to offload DMac to do it.
Probably just the one downgrade and maybe a double up next week for the likes of Rance, Gray etc.

Cheers. Tried to go with a POD approach all over (had Higgins and Devon Smith before injuries), thought Roberton was good in 2015 and Macmillan would be in the top defenders.
Roberton was good last year but obviously has had a role change, quite like Tom McDonald and his scoring has suffered. Nothing a good sideways trade can't fix.
No rush though. You could wait untill the byes to make the changes and get the most out of th etrades by fielding the strongest teams possible during the byes.

Just did that. Murphy was only in the discussion because of his price and Wards BE is at 130, but im happy for ward to drop in price to get him now
When bringing in premos or making upgrades anytime for that matter, a players BE is mostly irrelevant as you're bringing them in for their scoring not their cash generation. A guy like Ward priced at near 600k isn't going to make bugger all but he's a gun mid playing in a top 8 side that keeps winning. He will score well and is durable.
Perfect upgrade target IMO.

What would you think about Byrne Jones to Crocker
And wells to Pendlebury and move Merrett forward ? Would only leave me with 70k left over though
Nothing worng with those trades. I noticed you have a lot of DPP FWD's in your mids.
Moving Merrett forward has merit :D

You could go DBJ to Crocker or Williams. Though I think Crocker might have slighly better JS.

Pendles is a gun and almost guarenteed top10 MID but he is priced at his max at the moment. I grabbed him last week and he was $620k I think. As you upgrade your FWD rookies you could keep moving your DPP players like Zorko, Merrett etc FWD and bring Pendles in at the byes. Hopefully he might be a bit cheaper.

Actually that sounds like shit. He's a gun, get him in ASAP.

Most of all back your gut on who you think is best going forward and keep an eye on your bye structure.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My early thoughts are these 3 options.
First trade will be DBJ downgrade to prob Williams.
Second trade:
1. Gresh > Hopper, bank cash

2. Brown > Wingard

3. Stringer > Lids

Which one looks best?
You can prob wait a week on lids.
Unsure if williams will play next week he if go alright.

Edit sorry dumb arss me thought lids b/e would be higher.

Last edited:
Matthew Boyd is the man I'm looking to get in this week. Probably for Adams who's pretty much hit his peak value.

Bit hard to trade Brown and/or Tippa when they just keep making cash haha

You can prob wait a week on lids.
Unsure if williams will play next week he if go alright.

Edit sorry dumb arss me thought lids b/e would be higher.

So Stringer needs to go? Will still have Kerridge & Petracca on field.. Stringer averaging similar to those 2 anyway

Have gone Papley > Parker

Midfield is pretty stacked now but I'm now thinking I should reverse the Parker trade and get Doch instead, as defence is pretty poor.
Parker is good value at the moment but I can't keep fielding all those bomber spuds back there
Decisions decisions...

View attachment 249670

Your backs are going to be in trouble. Get the doc in asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back