Round 10 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barlow is only 28 so definitely not old. He is a bit slow and can be sloppy at times though.
The fact that Ross wanted to play Hill and Walters in the middle over one of his best clearance players tells me he does not value him at all.
He opted to play kids in the middle and put Barlow in the VFL.

I'd be very nervous if I still had Barlow, I can see him being in and out of the team.

Titch Edwards at 405k got anyone's interest?? Last 2 weeks looks as though he's got the spring back in his step? 107 & 93 in the Perth cyclone has my attention. Prepared to overlook form prior to it, bit like Richmond's. It's a risk but not a bad upgrade from an Adams if it opens up a Pendles purchase as well.

You don't want any of your final mids almost averaging 100.

With only 9 games played so far, it only takes 1 or 2 good scores and Libba is averaging 105+. You're assuming that his final average will be the same as his current average.

Say for argument sake that he scored 140 last round instead of 70, his average right now would be 105 and not 97 and we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

M Brown > Wingard???
Will Wingard go back to his big scores????

Sent from my iPhone

I don't think anyone, even Wingard could say yes with any confidence. He is capable though, whether he and Port turn it around from here on is another matter.

The fact that Ross wanted to play Hill and Walters in the middle over one of his best clearance players tells me he does not value him at all.

I'd be very nervous if I still had Barlow, I can see him being in and out of the team.

I understand that logic, but Freo players apart from Neale & Fyfe (who they wouldn't trade) have very little trade currency with the exception of maybe Hill or Mayne, but they wouldn't be getting 1st rounders for them. If Barlow's papers are already stamped, then it is more important to play him in the Snrs and have him playing well to get the best possible trade deal for him come seasons end. Ross isn't a complete idiot, surely he would realise that you have to give up something good to get something good in return. Will get very little for him if he plays out the year in the WAFL. Barlow would also want to finish off the year strongly as to demand a decent $$ contract at a new club next year, since he's essentially playing for his career now.

Last edited:

Barlow is like Priddis but not as elite at his role.
They both extract beautifully but Barlow tackles and scraps at an under 9s level.
And although neither are a great kick, Priddis can most certainly handpass, Barlow not so much.

Barlow is like Priddis but not as elite at his role.
They both extract beautifully but Barlow tackles and scraps at an under 9s level.
And although neither are a great kick, Priddis can most certainly handpass, Barlow not so much.

Hand balling is underrated. (I'm looking at you KardiniaPark ) for inside mid contested ball winning, clearance types especially who generally have terrible D/E. Looking at the top contested ball winners this year, SP Cripps clearly proves that if the majority of your possies are off a contested nature, you're better off hand balling instead of just hacking it forward. Unless you're Priddis, who handballs even more than Cripps yet has the worst D/E out of the top 10 contested ball/clearance kings. In summery for D/E Cripps > Daylight > every other inside mid.

stats.JPG

image.png image.png This week traded Oliver to hopper Ben ken to josh ken ranked 568th and think jjk can move me further up the rAnkings
He is a POD for sure ??
Kept Rockliff for the same reason

Considering going:

ByrneJones -> B.Williams
MacPherson -> M.Priddis

Understand Williams doesn't have great JS but need to offload a rookie defender with Tipa, Hartley ByrneJones, and Adams all being in my backline. Plan on keeping Adams as my D7. Not sure if I'll stick with these trades though.

With only 9 games played so far, it only takes 1 or 2 good scores and Libba is averaging 105+. You're assuming that his final average will be the same as his current average.

Say for argument sake that he scored 140 last round instead of 70, his average right now would be 105 and not 97 and we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
Yeah I'm just seeing too many sub hundreds for my liking but yes he needs some big games soon to change everything.

Yeah I'm just seeing too many sub hundreds for my liking but yes he needs some big games soon to change everything.

His 2 low scores have come against North & GWS who are arguably the 2 best teams this year. He'll **** it up against some of the scrubber teams to balance things out once he really hits his straps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Williams? Thinking of trading DBJ for him, then upgrading Hartley to either Boyd or Docherty. I'd like Hopper, but the extra cost restricts who I can afford to bring in. This will leave me with 18 trades left.

Not much point on asking about Bailey Williams at this stage, not even clear if he's picked this week. If he keeps his spot tomorrow he's a maybe mainly due to his unique DPP. He will have to play extremely well to still be in the side and scoring for you during bye rounds.

Gunston @ 488k worth considering?
He is a very smart footballer and Hawks look to use him in multiple roles. He's good value at 488k IMO.

I'm looking to offload Oliver and DBJ this week, and bring in Hopper and a premo Defender or Mid. Just not sure who?

I don't have Shaw, but should I be buying him now at $640k, or wait til after the byes and hope he drops a little? Would leave me with $135k. For my byes I need someone playing Round 14, preferably also Rd 13, but that isn't as big a need. So, others I'm considering are;

Bartel - Would leave me with $276k
Gibbo - Leaves $300k
Docherty - $220k
Rance - $254
Z Williams - $345
Zorko - $197
Coniglio - $196
Joey - $235
Cotchin - $227
Ward - $204

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Considering going:

ByrneJones -> B.Williams
MacPherson -> M.Priddis

Understand Williams doesn't have great JS but need to offload a rookie defender with Tipa, Hartley ByrneJones, and Adams all being in my backline. Plan on keeping Adams as my D7. Not sure if I'll stick with these trades though.

For me, the risk isn't worth the reward.
(i think williams is likely to be stranded on a few games not making any money or providing bench cover)
Plus tippa and adams will score well enough and not lose money which gives you more time to wait for better rookie options.

Just like a puppy, a bad rookie isn't just for Christmas... It's for life.

Unless you have 22 premos why would you upgrade a guy who is averaging almost 100? Surely you still have rookies on field who aren't averaging what Libba is that you should be upgrading first?

Ok, Let's say DBJ is averaging 74 and Libba is averaging 98.

Libba can be changed for Pendlebury who's good for 120

so +22

who are the +22 on DBJ?

Shaw, yes, the 2 Carlton guys, & Boyd with JJ and Murphy out. that's it Best case after that is the rollercoasters, maybe Rance playing the bombres can approach his 130+ breakeven, but there's no rush.

Sounds like a 50/50 decision to me.

ignoring the +1 in Captaincy options that Pendlebury gives you. As someone averaging 105 with their captain picks, I wouldn't discount that choice, moreso when you consider the lack of Pies Sunday games (ie Pendlebury = Mr VC)

that's why you'd upgrade a guy averaging 100.

FWIW

I'm aiming to do a 3 for 2 deal on my 3 Bombres guys pre their rd 14 bye, post rd 13, currently valued at just under a mil, if they can get to 1.1m I can swap for 2*500k's and a 100k :praying:

Last edited:
Just to add to the whole trading Libba fire, at the moment I plan on trading Libba at Round 14, I'm likely to be just under the required 18 players and I'll be looking to dish him off for more of a POD like Sloane, Steven or Cotchin.

Will have a full midfield next week and ideally I'd like to keep him as M9 but I don't think I'll be able to.

Same will probably happen to Rich in round 15.

Just to add to the whole trading Libba fire, at the moment I plan on trading Libba at Round 14, I'm likely to be just under the required 18 players and I'll be looking to dish him off for more of a POD like Sloane, Steven or Cotchin.

Will have a full midfield next week and ideally I'd like to keep him as M9 but I don't think I'll be able to.

Same will probably happen to Rich in round 15.

Speaking of bye rounds, anyone else considering tanking one bye round in particular as to not compromise future upgrades just because the player your really want doesn't suit your bye structure?

I'm thinking of writing off Rd13 as I have a bunch of players missing that round that I don't want to trade, as well as having a few upgrade targets who are also Rd13 byes.

Speaking of bye rounds, anyone else considering tanking one bye round in particular as to not compromise future upgrades just because the player your really want doesn't suit your bye structure?

I'm thinking of writing off Rd13 as I have a bunch of players missing that round that I don't want to trade, as well as having a few upgrade targets who are also Rd13 byes.

My entire current forward line is out in round 13 - Hall/Kerridge/Montagna/Dusty/Deledio/McLovin

Trade or Hold week? (assuming starting 22 all play)

rd10 sc.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back