Game Day Round 11, 2020: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 8.40pm AEST @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can turn it around. Freo have worked their socks off for a very meagre reward at this stage. That's got to be deflating

Yup, that uncontested possession differential doesn't come for free from a petrol tickets point of view. They are running really hard into space. Let's hope we can finish over them.

If you tag JOM we are pretty much cactus through the midfield unless Ceglar wins the ruck once in three games.

To the guy who had Worpel best on against Carlton wow wee as BT would say. He was hopeless when it mattered. Cheap kicks when it was over.

Mitchell has really struggled with 16 minute quarters. It's not his forte.

Smith struggling with injury has really hurt us as he's been our only break out player with any consistency all year. Take out JOM or Frawley he's our B and F this year.

Geez Frost took 9 steps and got running too far... that decision really changed the game (Derm said 14 then reverted it back to possibly 7 and a 1/2, he missed the bounce like the umpire did)

Not sure where we go with this, youv'e gotta give Cegs a rev up and hope he tries, the impey, chad death of never seeing the footy on the forwardline isn't working, very few guys can be luke bruest up there. We've been blessed by him.

What do you do is the question?

I'd try to rotate Impey down back and Chad thru the middle.

I'd think about pushing Tom Mitchell forward he reads the ball as good as anybody if he can get a few cheap shots at goal who knows.

You have to give Cegs at least 5 minutes to try after a rev up at half time... you hope for the best after that. Smith's injury is really hurting us who can replace him though? I can only come up with Will Day, no one else has his height or kicking distance, ok Sizzle but they won't do it.

I've been banging on about it most weeks, but for a team at the elite level our handballing to a teammate is atrocious. We cough it up so often by hand.

Right now Freo have double the amount of handballs we do, and that may well by design, but when we do decide to use quick hands we struggle to link 2-3 players.

We're two goals down, and Freo somehow have 60 more uncontested possessions at halftime. 60!

We need to lift in so many measures, and we need a bunch of our core group to join us, because they've been unsighted for long periods tonight.

Throw in 9 marks in F50, 9 tackles in F50 and more tackles over all and it's a miracle we are only 2 goals down.

It would be a huge turnaround from here. They've dominated the stats sheet.

We can think that it's only 2 goals difference, but they could just as likely snuff this out in half a quarter if they use the ball better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cousins isn't the answer. We've seen enough of him by now to know he's not an improvement on anyone he could replace. And it seems the selectors think the same.
Of course he isn't long term, but he'd have a crack. So I'd say he is an improvement as he does offer something different.

He changes the current slow of mind, slow of foot, slow of the mark, just plain slow dynamic, even if for only a short while until more class is found. He can also roost it 60 meters. This may help other players around that area more then the same same we currently have.

I guess we'll see when the season is compressed and it doesn't matter. But he is a stopgap until others are ready while actually being able to drop a player or 2 to give them a rocket or whatever it is they need, maybe another club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back