Preview Round 11, 2022: Gold Coast v Hawthorn, 7:40pm 28th May, TIO stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully Ward can get back up in the VFL this week.
Would love to see him and Long get some good time in the middle together.

Hopefully Ward can get back up in the VFL this week.
Would love to see him and Long get some good time in the middle together.
Ward won’t be playing anywhere this week.

JOM hammy

200.gif

Where did that come from!? He was looking good last week. Seems to happen every time

You reckon Frost plays mostly ruck?

Leaving
DGB on Casboult
Sicily on Chol
Scrimshaw on Jeffrey

I don't reckon that's it.

I can probably see Koschitzke mostly in ruck
Lewis as one out tall forward on a slippery night with the small forwards buzzing around with the coaching instructions telling the mids to get it into your f50 low.
We've stupidly brought in Caleb Graham so have 3 tall defenders, none of which are amazing with ball on ground.

Then
Frost > Casboult
DGB > Chol
Sicily on an inexperienced Jeffrey trying to hedge off him at all opportunities.

From an opposition standpoint, I'd be much more worried about that set up than the first.

Leaving
DGB on Casboult
Sicily on Chol
Scrimshaw on Jeffrey

Lewis as one out tall forward on a slippery night with the small forwards buzzing around with the coaching instructions telling the mids to get it into your f50 low.
We've stupidly brought in Caleb Graham so have 3 tall defenders, none of which are amazing with ball on ground.

Then
Frost > Casboult
DGB > Chol
Sicily on an inexperienced Jeffrey trying to hedge off him at all opportunities.

From an opposition standpoint, I'd be much more worried about that set up than the first.
Sic destroyed Jeremy Cameron. He actually prefers the best fwd and then tries to outmark him in the contest. That's the level he's at right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spewing on Jom.

But i like the changes and the line up.
-Wingard and Day on ball, bit of class.
- Butler and Mac together adds pace.

Kosi/Frost to ruck.

Sic destroyed Jeremy Cameron. He actually prefers the best fwd and then tries to outmark him in the contest. That's the level he's at right now.
Interesting. I don't think I've watched Hawthorn play much this year.

So you reckon he lines up on Casboult then? Pretty different type to Jeremy Cameron.

Excited to see if Macdonald can take another step up after a chance to rest up a week.

Nice to see Day named in the guts also.
Named teams don't really mean anything unless we are pulling a major surprise with Mitchell as the CHF

Don Scott 190cm, 89kg ….. Frosty 194cm, 94kg. Just as 😜

Polly Farmer 191cm
Jarrod Witts 209cm

BTW: Scott was an average ruckman. He was very good at not losing a contest and leaving it to our smalls, rather than winning contests. Simon Madden pretty much owned him, and had Scott's career lasted, a few short years later Justin would have obliterated him.

Leaving
DGB on Casboult
Sicily on Chol
Scrimshaw on Jeffrey

Then
Frost > Casboult
DGB > Chol

Were running with a small lineup that much is clear. Had the option of keeping Hartigan in who would be a perfect matchup for Casboult and leaving DGB and Sicily for Chol and Jeffrey which allows Frost to ruck which still might happen. Scrimshaw will play tall I would suggest to accommodate for Frost pushing up the ground. We have ample runners and interceptors back there that can cover for what Scrimshaw can bring in that area. Will have to play lockdown this weekend as a necessity for the team.

I don't want Nash in the ruck. Leave him in the centre and let him do his
thing. He is so much more valuable when he is allowed to play without having
to do ruck duties.

Nash and Newcombe are a bruising tag-team. Put the belts on them!

Nash, Newk and Frost in the middle!!!! Someone's Gunna get SMASHED!!!!!

Were running with a small lineup that much is clear. Had the option of keeping Hartigan in who would be a perfect matchup for Casboult and leaving DGB and Sicily for Chol and Jeffrey which allows Frost to ruck which still might happen. Scrimshaw will play tall I would suggest to accommodate for Frost pushing up the ground. We have ample runners and interceptors back there that can cover for what Scrimshaw can bring in that area. Will have to play lockdown this weekend as a necessity for the team.

Darwin’s games are normally slippery and greasy with players sliding everywhere by half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back