Preview Round 11, 2022: Gold Coast v Hawthorn, 7:40pm 28th May, TIO stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morrison out? Do you watch the games?
Morrison was ok on the weekend, but his spot isn't safe, berry torched him

The amount of times he gets sucked into the contest and his opposing wingman sat on the outside and ran unopposed down the wing from an outlet clearance was staggering

Morrison might be a decent half back, but until he learns to hold his position in the contest, he isn't a AFL standard wingmen

The amount of times he gets sucked into the contest and his opposing wingman sat on the outside and ran unopposed down the wing from an outlet clearance was staggering

Morrison might be a decent half back, but until he learns to hold his position in the contest, he isn't a AFL standard wingmen
Berry had 13 touches, 6 score involvements and 3 inside 50s hardly a dominant game. I haven’t watched the game again, however it feels like Day was lined up on that wing against Berry most of the times he had those like breaking runs.

Berry was bog average.
Wether it was berry (who had nearly 400m gained with 13 touches) or Mcluggage (400m gained), the outlet from contest was way too easy, you cant get sucked into the contest so easily
Berry had 13 touches, 6 score involvements and 3 inside 50s hardly a dominant game. I haven’t watched the game again, however it feels like Day was lined up on that wing against Berry most of the times he had those like breaking run
Not saying he was dominant game wise, but he was free and open that many times on the flanks from stoppage was alarming

Morrison is ok now, but from a future perspective, he aint best 22 when we start to contend

I thought Morrison was good on the weekend. He does get sucked into the contest too often and because he isn't quick it makes it too hard for him to recover

I am all for getting games into our youth, but I thought both Howe and Sheils were good on the weekend. Fin has been improving but he hasn't had a game as solid as Howe did yet IMO. Sheils provides so much experience and options for Sam re his ability to lock down guns.

BTW, Bramble has been average since returning but second half started to show 2021 form. I hope he and Impey keep improving with game fitness.

Lynch, Day and Hartigan out:
Morris, MacDonald and Callow in...(assuming Scrim is no good). Not sure who get the sub yet.

Reckon this will be another close game, GC are playing much better footy now.

Expecting a big game from CJ to get us over the line after a warm up game

Morisson did his best work on the weekend forward. He got done for pace and positioning defensively a few times, but his kicking inside 50 and at goal was excellent. I’d play him high half forward, not wing at the moment
I’m not sure he could get the same separation he does as a high half forward.

He gets space on his opponent by being lax defensively. Wing is his position but it becomes a balancing act of how much offence benefit he is giving us vs his opponent.

Only really the saints game has he really been exposed. I am surprised more teams don’t try and use his direct opponent more.

I’m not sure he could get the same separation he does as a high half forward.

He gets space on his opponent by being lax defensively. Wing is his position but it becomes a balancing act of how much offence benefit he is giving us vs his opponent.

Only really the saints game has he really been exposed. I am surprised more teams don’t try and use his direct opponent more.
Essendon as well late

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A contest with 2 minutes to go, all Morrison had to do was hit it forward to 2 free players and we win by 24 but no he muffs it and they go forward and goal, game still on.

He is best 22 at this stage but he got beat on Sunday

I feel like that is our game plan though, we want Harry as the out just behind the contest rather than permanently sat on a wing.

Now that would be interesting as hell. The other bloke wouldn't have fu......clue what's going too happen. Neither would we

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sam said he would have to be inventive on 360. Do it Sam!

FROSTBALL! FROSTBALL! FROSTBALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back