Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
MUFC
Brad Johnson - (52,85,84,111,97: 85.8)
Not a good record against St. Kilda and still some concerns over his body. I wouldn't make him captain this week.

Chad Cornes - (61,63,101,87,66: 75.6)
Poor average against Carlton and he is not yet fully over his finger injury. I would stay away from Chad this week.

Kane Cornes - (104,126,94,106,88: 103.6)
Exceptional average against Carlton, should be ripe to rack the points up this week. Definitely a major one to consider for captain this week.

Dean Cox - (75,102,96,111,80: 92.8)
He is in fantastic form, but is coming up against Sydney. Cox has the ability to pull in a big score but i wouldn't risk it.

Daniel Cross - (113,60,108,138,74: 98.6)
In great form at the moment and should put in another big score. Keep his mind that his lowest score this year is 83 and he has put in 4 tons. Super consistency from Cross.

Dane Swan - (94,89,51: 78)
Not much of a previous record but there is no reason why he won't get another ton against Melbourne.

Gary Ablett jnr - (135,115,59,5,91: 80.6)
Definitely could score well against the Roos. Don't be put off by the 5, it was an injury game.

Heath Shaw - (75,98,68: 80.3)
He will probably get a massive score against Melbourne but he is just so inconsistent it is not worth the risk.

Jimmy Bartel - (115,146,132,107,77: 115.4)
Bartel is the bet of the round. If you have Bartel make him captain and watch the points add up.

Joel Bowden - (105,167,113,124,66: 115)
Bowden has an absolutely fantastic record against Adelaide. If he was playing his old role he would be close to the best option but i just couldn't trust him in his new role.

Jonathan Brown - (92,146,107,62,37: 88.8)
He is in fantastic form but i just can't trust his knee. I'd stay away this week.

Joel Corey - (40,129,110,37,92: 81.6)
The 40 was an injury game but still not enough large scores for my liking. Will probably get a big score but there are some better options imo.

Lance Franklin - (81,136,51,44,31: 68.6)
Buddy could kick 10 against a depleted Essendon side. If i had Franklin i'd go close to taking the risk.

Matthew Pavlich - (107,97,76,66,125: 94.2)
Merrett will probably take him. Pavlich could still get a bag but i'd rather find another option.

Nick Riewoldt - (59,115,77,84,102: 87.4)
Riewoldt looks to be back in form. If you trust he is over his injury he could be a good option this week.

Paul Chapman - (101,122,134,89,67: 102.6
Would be a fantastic option if he didn't have an injury cloud over his head. I just wouldn't risk Chapman this week.

Matthew Richardson - (61,69,55,71,102: 71.6
Doesn't have a good average against Adelaide but with his change of role he definitely could pull in yet another big score.

Player - (Last 5 games against opponent, most recent game on the left: average)

My Top 3
1. Jimmy Bartel
2. Dane Swan
3. Gary Ablett Jnr

Re: Round 11 Captains

My Top 3:
1. Swan
2. Bartel
3. S.Thompson

with Cross, Richardson and Ablett also good picks.

By the way Jolldo, Corey's 40 against the Roos wasn't because he was injured, he was tagged by Rawlings if that makes any difference in your thinking.

My Top 3:
1. Swan
2. Bartel
3. S.Thompson

with Cross, Richardson and Ablett also good picks.

By the way Jolldo, Corey's 40 against the Roos wasn't because he was injured, he was tagged by Rawlings if that makes any difference in your thinking.
Ahh right you are. I presumed he didn't play the next week because he was injured in that game but Geelong actually earnt the week off because that game was an elimination final.

I'm going Didak this week against the Dees, only one I can see going close to stopping him would be Bartram but I think he may play on Thomas. Even if he goes to Dids, don't think it would make that much of a difference, plus I love players who come home strong.

Kornes, Cross or soon to be new recruit Bartel for me.

Cox should go well too, but if he doesn't, you'll feel like a real goose picking your captain Vs Sydney.

I usually don't make new recruits captain the week I draft them into my team, but might make an exception this week.

any truth to the rumour that cross could be injured?

also, i dont see bartel as a good option as he clearly is playing injured at the moment with some prtty average scoes of late for his standard.

any truth to the rumour that cross could be injured?

also, i dont see bartel as a good option as he clearly is playing injured at the moment with some prtty average scoes of late for his standard.

Don't be so quick to assume he is playing injured. These are the TOG stats from the weekend.

Bartel - 86%
Corey - 86%
Ablett - 87%

This suggests that he isn't carrying an injury otherwise he may have been rested a little more. He also scored 115 so he isn't neccisarily injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've narrowed it down to a few choices this week.

-Bartel is the obvious choice and I'm leaning that way at the moment.
-Kornes would also be a good choice, but I absolutely hate naming my DT captain a player playing against Carlton that week, so I may steer clear
-Cross is in very consistent form and should be good for another big score
-Didak is my roughy. Having a super year and should be able to rip Melbourne apart. Much riskier than the first two, but the reward could be greater.

Can't make a definitive decision just yet. Will have to think about it some more.

can someone please help me with my captaincy decision?
pendles- awesome form
dids- same as above can be explosive
buddy vs essendon
corey vs kangaroos- sam power should match up on him
richoman vs adelaide
any help would be appreciated

I'm going Didak this week against the Dees, only one I can see going close to stopping him would be Bartram but I think he may play on Thomas. Even if he goes to Dids, don't think it would make that much of a difference, plus I love players who come home strong.

my opponent in the eliminator also has didak captain. Is your team name "Muppets"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 11 Captains - No Passengers Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back