Round 11 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To get Ablett and cop a 0 or to replace Cornes and miss out on Ablett?
That is the question with which I am faced.

My plan had been since Ablett coped that 91 to always perform a double trade this week to get him and Muston in.

Starting with $174,600 in the bank I was going to trade:

T Tuck > B Muston - new bank figure of 394,800
J Ziebell > G Ablett (was either Rich or Ziebell but last weekend's performance means Ziebell is the man to trade out) - remaining bank figure of $9,900

However thanks to Cornes' injury and Gilbert a bit sore my back line is shot with Hodge and Rance already filling out the bench. So now I need to decided whether to make my Ablett trades and wait a week to sort out Cornes and make a sideways trade there OR I can make the Muston trade and then upgrade Cornes to Goddard.

C Cornes > B Goddard - remaining bank figure of 294,400

However if I do the latter I would most likely miss my best chance to get Ablett; Ziebell has a high BE and will lose value next week whilst Ablett is about to go up.

Which one should I do?

I have Malcheski still and he is a dud, i also have cornes down back.

my backline at the moment is:
Goddard, Lockyer, Cornes, Enright, Burgoyne, Malcheski, Broughton (Petrenko, Rance)

the problem is i have 9 trades, im thinking of trading cornes for mattner, lake, guerra, h.shaw then the next week trading mitch brown for a bloke whos 94,000 then upgrading malcheski to drummond. but is this to rapid of trading cause it will leave me with 6 trades?

I have Malcheski still and he is a dud, i also have cornes down back.

my backline at the moment is:
Goddard, Lockyer, Cornes, Enright, Burgoyne, Malcheski, Broughton (Petrenko, Rance)

what should i do?

how much cash in hand?
cause newman looks to be very consistent, only two below 100 i think...

This is my team:
Back: Goddard, Drummond, Cornes, Fisher, Houlihan, Grimes, Hill (Petrenko, Cheney)
Midfield: Dal Santo, Murphy, Judd, Selwood, Foley, Bateman (Rich, Beams)
Ruck: McIntosh, Kreuzer (Spencer, Meesen)
Forward: Goodwin, Deledio, S.Johnson, Franklin, Higgins, Skipworth, McGlynn

I have only the 6 trades left (injuries have ruined my season, i had about 11 of them)
Do you think i really need Ablett or Muston, looking at my midfield (i have rich as an emergency) compared to my two injuries in defence and forward line???

To get Ablett and cop a 0 or to replace Cornes and miss out on Ablett?
That is the question with which I am faced.

My plan had been since Ablett coped that 91 to always perform a double trade this week to get him and Muston in.

Starting with $174,600 in the bank I was going to trade:

J Ziebell > G Ablett (was either Rich or Ziebell but last weekend's performance means Ziebell is the man to trade out) - remaining bank figure of $9,900

However thanks to Cornes' injury and Gilbert a bit sore my back line is shot with Hodge and Rance already filling out the bench. So now I need to decided whether to make my Ablett trades and wait a week to sort out Cornes and make a sideways trade there OR I can make the Muston trade and then upgrade Cornes to Goddard.

C Cornes > B Goddard - remaining bank figure of 294,400

However if I do the latter I would most likely miss my best chance to get Ablett; Ziebell has a high BE and will lose value next week whilst Ablett is about to go up.

Which one should I do?

grab ablett and chase goddard after. you will have the best player in the league and a lock-in captain every week. so to not cop a zero in your backline, this week go ziebell > muston provided tuck does not play and upgrade tuck next week to ablett. maybe look at enright or shaw for somebody unique for cornes.

Just on getting in Muston:

For me i'ts gonna be one of Rich/Otten/Robinson on the chopping block

Robinson has hit his peak at the perfect time for the trade, however will not make as much cash as Rich/Otten. I can still afford to go Zeibel -> Fev and have 100k left.

Rich/Otten are both great cash cows but still have very reachable BEs. I need the cash too. But I also want to keep one of these guys 'till close to the end but I don't know which one??? giving them both an extra week to look at them could prove worthwhile.

Any suggestions?

I'm looking at going Beams > Muston and then using the cash to upgrade Dawson to a premium backliner under 500k. This'll leave me with a backline of Goddard, Fisher, Gilbee, Drummond, Chad Cornes, Player X and Grimes, with Broughton as cover for Cornes in the meantime.

The most obvious choice is Newman, but Bowden, P. Burgoyne and Bock are also around the mark. I'm leaning towards Newman because Bock seems to have serious issues at the moment and Bowden is busily plummeting in value after his run of four 100+ scores are now all out of the 3 game window. Any thoughts? Newman the way to go? I'll only have six trades left after this though.

I'm looking at going Beams > Muston and then using the cash to upgrade Dawson to a premium backliner under 500k. This'll leave me with a backline of Goddard, Fisher, Gilbee, Drummond, Chad Cornes, Player X and Grimes, with Broughton as cover for Cornes in the meantime.

The most obvious choice is Newman, but Bowden, P. Burgoyne and Bock are also around the mark. I'm leaning towards Newman because Bock seems to have serious issues at the moment and Bowden is busily plummeting in value after his run of four 100+ scores are now all out of the 3 game window. Any thoughts? Newman the way to go? I'll only have six trades left after this though.
6 trades left but after that trade looks like your backline is set so doesnt seem that bad. I'd do it and go Newman yes.

How many non-keepers you got left in your team?

miy midfield currently is judd, selwood, foley, hasleby, rich, ball (robinson, anthony). im thinking of trading down ball (whos performing crap) to muston then upgrade hasleby/foley to ablett! this would mean id have to play muston/robinso on the field every week. i still have plenty of trades. thoughts?

Big call, but this could be the week he breaks 200 ;)

Then he goes up $30K ... a blow, yes. An insurmountable obstacle? No

If you have Rich then his probable rise will take off half the $30K so you're only $15K worse off

All I am saying is if you had other things you wanted to do this week re Muston and Chornes, waiting 1 week on Ablett (or even 2) won't make him unreachable if you prepare properly.

6 trades left but after that trade looks like your backline is set so doesnt seem that bad. I'd do it and go Newman yes.

How many non-keepers you got left in your team?

Ignoring "minor" injuries (Chapman forward, Cornes back - only undefeated team in my league so I can suffer through these after some dumbish trades early), my forward line has Sidebottom or Warran as the 7th forward and that's about it. Midfield has Higgins and Rich but I'm treating both as keepers because I'm running low on trades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you have Rich then his probable rise will take off half the $30K so you're only $15K worse off

All I am saying is if you had other things you wanted to do this week re Muston and Chornes, waiting 1 week on Ablett (or even 2) won't make him unreachable if you prepare properly.

I agree with what you're saying but you've also got to look at the other side of the coin. Yes, financially it's more than viable to hold off on gaz for a week or two buttttttttttt, like mentioned if he was to score 200 this week thats 200 points towards your tally. 400 assuming there'd be a 99.99999% chance you'd have him as captain.

Slight potential money gain or massive points to potentially be had. I know which one i see as more important...

If gaz is named this week, then for me he's in. Goodbye Rich and Otten, you've been amazing. Hello Muston and the greatest SC player to ever grace the game. If Ablett isn't named i'd be most likely looking at turning Cornes into a Drummond and getting the little master in next week

After my initial excitement of seeing Halo'd one in sight...I'm now tending to agree.

Someone else mentioned earlier about his groin...will watch the full replay tomorrow, but have watched bits and pieces tonight, and he is definately rubbing and wincing at times...
...camera even iso'd it at one stage, not that any of the commentators got the cue. :eek:

Even with a good one, should rise only about 10k, then Freo ahead... ;)

My guess is that he hovers around the 700k mark for the rest of the journey...of course his extra points (over a Rich) are more than handy!!....but I've got this nagging feeling that fitness may be a concern. :confused:

EDIT: Not to mention the amount of people putting their faith in a guy with 2 knee reco's under (well, below!) his belt!

Ok my first trade this week is set Tuck > Muston.

It's my second trade i'm not sure about.:confused:

My backline is - Goddard , Lockyer , Gilbert , Chornes , Adcock , Hurn & Broughton (emg. Cheney & Greenwood)

So after the Tuck trade will have 9 trades left & $261,600 in the bank.

Looking at Chornes > Newman/Thornton/Bock/Fisher.

Thoughts

I have 6 trades left & $152k in bank and want an opinion on what I should do..

Now I want to trade C Cornes & Ziebell..

C Cornes will not have an impact at all this year again IMO, he will come back, but by the time he gets back into it, the season will be over..
Ziebell has peaked, he is not a big Supercoach scorer.. I keep him in and his price will keep dropping..

My back line is this;
Goddard, Drummond, Newman, Grimes, Urquhart, CORNES, Broughton (Hodge, Rance)

My forward line is this;
Riewoldt, Pavlich, Deledio, Giansiracusa, Franklin, J Brown, Ziebell (M Brown, Thorp)

My midfield, I have Judd, Selwood, Sewell, Power, Rich, Muston (Hartlett, Barham)
Rucks i have Cox, McIntosh (Mumford, Spencer)..

Now after I do this trade I will not have to touch my team again (barring a premium player gets a serious injury)..
I have decided I am going to pass up on GAJ for now, might bring him later in the year once (Rich/Muston/Hartlett) have all peaked..

Now I have a couple of options that I want to do,

OPTION 1
Cornes for Enright and Ziebell for Rioli.. Leaves me $48k

OPTION 2
Cornes for Ellis and Ziebell for S Johnson.. Leaves me $25k

Would be keen to get some opinions from you guys..
Should I trade?
Should I only trade Cornes?
Like I have said, my team is almost set, just let my cash cows to hit their peak and upgrade them when finals time hits..

Last year I kept my trades and it ended up costing me, I missed opportunities to pick up players that I should have got..
This year my strategy is to go out there, use my trades, get the players I want and then try to leave at least 2-3 trades for finals.. I had 6 trades going into the finals last year and I lost my first game, 4 trades I just threw away..

My backline is - Goddard , Lockyer , Gilbert , Chornes , Adcock , Hurn & Broughton (emg. Cheney & Greenwood)

Thoughts
I would avoid any of those that you mentioned even though they are all good SC scorers..
I would bring in Drummond, he is like Ablett, you need him in your side to score big.. That will leave you 8 trades with $186k ;)

I am half tempted to do something a bit dumb.
Trade Davenport for Muston, not sure Dav is going to play many games and I want more cover on the bench.

Don't really want to trade my cows yet.

Midfield does need work though

Goodes, Judd, Power, Bartel, Cousins, Otten, Rich, Davenport

Thoughts

Get rid of Hurn! Useless!

My midfield is: Dal santo, Selwood, Gibbs, Swallow, Rich & Sidebottom.

Have 269k in the bank, thinking of trading Swallow for Ablett which will leave me almost dry in the bank (about 3k left) Should I go through will this or wait until his drops further .. need him back in my team though.

Also, is everyone keeping Chapman?

Have 269k in the bank, thinking of trading Swallow for Ablett which will leave me almost dry in the bank (about 3k left) Should I go through will this or wait until his drops further .. need him back in my team though.

Not yet mate.. Swallow is a serious cash cow (I'd keep him) and he has the potential to reach $500k.. With a B/E of 16 you'd have to have rocks in your head to trade him out now..
I would not trade for Ablett yet, I would look at offloading Rich before you offload Swallow.. Rich will peak out in 2-3 weeks IMO, then you can have the comfort of bringing in GAJ..
Also Ablett's price wont rise more than $50k over the next 3 weeks, whereas Rich and Swallows will.. Patience..

I made an executive decision last week and traded Chappy for the Roo.. Big decision but with Chappy's B/E for his next game, you will lose some serious cash..
Also Chappy isnt that consistent, he can score 150+ but he can also score more than a handful of 60-80 scores during a season.. I took the punt with him and I have decided the Roo is a safer option for big scores and consistency..

I am half tempted to do something a bit dumb.
Trade Davenport for Muston, not sure Dav is going to play many games and I want more cover on the bench.

Don't really want to trade my cows yet.

Midfield does need work though

Goodes, Judd, Power, Bartel, Cousins, Otten, Rich, Davenport
You gotta have some serious testicular fortitude to go with Cousins..
I dont think you will be seeing massive scores from him this season, plus I just dont trust his body, particularly his hamstrings..
If I was in your position I would do the following;
IN: Muston Ablett
OUT: Otten Cousins..

Otten will not increase much more higher in price and to be honest, he has only had 1 score off 100+ in 10 games :eek: and also I believe he is SEVERELY overpriced currently..
I mentioned my thoughts on Cuz, risky player to have in your line up..

With GAJ and Muston, you have a guarantee 150 points a week (300 as capt) and Muston will get better with game time, plays alot like J Selwood, will score consistently 80+..
Hope this helps..
Ohh and Davenport will get heaps of game time for Port, they will play alot of kids towards the end of the year.. Don't trade him for Muston, he can seriously play, he might be the difference for you later in the year when you cash him in for a premium..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back