Game Day Round 12, 2020: West Coast Eagles v Hawthorn, Sunday 6.10 PM (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardwick hasn't been good this year and was really bad last week, but Ryan might end his career tonight. His slowness is not coverable at the moment.

I knew WC would get a free possession out of the middle every single time so I'm ok with that tonight. It's an ongoing team selection/list management in reality issue so not a game issue.

The one thing I would like tonight is for one, any of our forwards to actually go for a speccy and who cares if they drop it, or even give away a free kick, it is a far better option than the eagles guy taking a mark and simply and jogging off... at least in the former options the ball spills so they have to go and get it or get up from the ground to get it. Really dumb football so far.

But hey I still like Will Day.

Makes me sick hearing the commentators pumping up Eagle's "6 wins in a row". By next week they'll have had 6 games in a row at their home ground in front of home crowds. 5 of them against away teams. Our last game on our home ground against an away team was round 1 when we beat Brisbane comfortably. Those who think our current state of shitness has nothing to do with the draw sapping every last ounce of confidence out of the side are kidding themselves. Very sad to see the team playing as it is now (and today looks like an actual improvement despite the score line).

Can’t remember any of our possessions being damaging. Mitchell has had 8 touches and no impact, Jaeger 5 and no impact and Worpel the same. Our forwards are out of position and basically witches hats.

CJ and Day have been the only shining lights.

Interesting Worps 100% game time. Noticed him resting up forward at one point. Maybe a role change incoming there with a bit more time forward for Worps. Don't mind it.

If I could fix one thing it would be handballs to players under pressure. Watch how creative the Eagles handballs are out of the contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell, Worpel and Sheils there too hiw much more support can he get? Can only have 3 in at a time.

Every team has players in the midfield. Being there doesn’t mean he’s getting support.

He’s doing most of what those guys should be doing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Our kids aren't that bad (CJ, Day, Scrimshaw, Worpel) and have proved this. So why not play more? See who's good/not.
There’s 5 in there today with less than 20 games, Scrim, Day, CJ, Nash, Glass. Unless we drop Burgoyne and Shiels (Stratts will never be dropped), who else goes out?

Hardwick hasn't been good this year and was really bad last week, but Ryan might end his career tonight. His slowness is not coverable at the moment.

I knew WC would get a free possession out of the middle every single time so I'm ok with that tonight. It's an ongoing team selection/list management in reality issue so not a game issue.

The one thing I would like tonight is for one, any of our forwards to actually go for a speccy and who cares if they drop it, or even give away a free kick, it is a far better option than the eagles guy taking a mark and simply and jogging off... at least in the former options the ball spills so they have to go and get it or get up from the ground to get it. Really dumb football so far.

But hey I still like Will Day.

Ryan is Stratton’s opponent

Only midfielder who has balls in our team this year
He has a crack. But no impact

Sicily might be our best performed player this year but we just can’t score. We need someone who can mark. We need two of him but we might need to send him forward ASAP tonight

Makes me sick hearing the commentators pumping up Eagle's "6 wins in a row". By next week they'll have had 6 games in a row at their home ground in front of home crowds. 5 of them against away teams. Our last game on our home ground against an away team was round 1 when we beat Brisbane comfortably. Those who think our current state of shitness has nothing to do with the draw sapping every last ounce of confidence out of the side are kidding themselves. Very sad to see the team playing as it is now (and today looks like an actual improvement despite the score line).
Meh it is probably having an impact but hardly the difference, we have all the same issues we had last year.

Interesting Worps 100% game time. Noticed him resting up forward at one point. Maybe a role change incoming there with a bit more time forward for Worps. Don't mind it.

well if Glass is rotating in midfield, then 1 of Mitchell and Worpell should rotate up forward (in theory)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back