Review Round 12, 2024: Richmond Tigers v Box Hill Hawks, 15 June 2024, 12.05pm @ Punt Road Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep 3 years. I understand that CatB rookies have traditionally been out of bounds in terms of being poached from other clubs but if he continues to show ongoing improvement and deliver performances of that calibre…. I’m sure it’s going to get attention …. would hate for him to become a trade target post season because didn’t get promoted to the main list. Probably very much depends on the intentions of the likes of Wingard and Breust to play on. Certainly don’t expect the Hawks will be targeting small forwards in the trade period.

Watched the whole game live.

Was a strange game in that the scoreboard always looked like we were in control but the Tigers were on top a fair bit but could not covert.

Tucker developing nicely. Ramma finally starting to become a workhorse and starting to pay dividends. He copped a Mitch Lewis clash in a marking contest and that was the end of him. Tried to play on but I believe it was a low leg corkie that ended his day.

Bennetts very smooth. His consistency is excellent.

DGB very scrappy first half. Better second half but still geez he is all or nothing at times. Slipped over at one point defending. Another tried to take an intercept mark whereas could have played a bit safer.

Ward a lot of it but still not damaging enough. He needs to challenge with his kicking.

Finn is solid. Working on his polish.

Scaife a massive unit. He didn’t really play as a KP target with Lewis out there. His hands look good. Get some preseasons into him.

Shammy was busy.

Serong I thought was our best defender. Worked his way well out of some pressure situations.

Harry busy too typical Harry game good contributor but not influential.

Big Mitch had a good crack really hits contests hard. Looked a tad proppy at times which was understandable but he’s a quality key tall who we need back at the top level.

Huss going ok. It’s hard to see him pushing anyone out so he will need to survive on the list and grab the chance when it arises.

BMac his ball drop costs him a very avoidable turnover every game. It needs fixing. He’s got plenty of upside but needs to tidy up his disposal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 12, 2024: Richmond Tigers v Box Hill Hawks, 15 June 2024, 12.05pm @ Punt Road Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back