Game Day Round 12, 2024: West Coast v St.Kilda - Optus Stadium - Saturday 1st June, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top fantasy scores at half time.

Reid, Yeoh, Duggan, Flynn, Sheed = The entire Eagles’s midfield..

Our best = Battle, Wilkie.. our defenders…

To call this a coaching issue is laughable.. starting to think even if we have Crouch in, we are lucky to break even with Eagle’s midfield. Where other team’s mids get the ball, they share the ball by hand and bring in other players in better positions, we just blind kick forward.. count as a clearance/forward entry.. but really is night and day compared to the top sides play..

Last year is basically a case of luck (good draw, other team’s being poor) and game plan with a midfield that can at least break even at times.. now, we’re basically uncompetitive in the midfield, the flood gate is finally open.. with the poorest midfield in AFL, bottom 4 is where we belong.. no game plan can compensate for lack of a competitive midfield.

Time to accept Marshall isn’t it. A fantasy football star that isn’t actually a great player. Can never fault his heart or effort but diabolical skills and ruck craft. Needs to be instructed to only handball at this point.
The club has literally tried to buy a first ruck for three years running, I think they know this.

If we lose tonight, I can't see us winning another game for the year, even North will beat us

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's a mad disconnect with the mids and forwards, so I don't see us doing much of anything until they marry up and get over themselves frankly.

A lot of it had to do with our HFF woes in perpetuity, but since we've started rotating people in such as the Owens and Wilson, Henry pieces, it's more forwards and mids just don't work with each other, at all, in a game sense.

On the bright side, we're going to save a lot of dough on performance bonuses this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a mad disconnect with the mids and forwards, so I don't see us doing much of anything until they marry up and get over themselves frankly.

A lot of it had to do with our HFF woes in perpetuity, but since we've started rotating people in such as the Owens and Wilson, Henry pieces, it's more forwards and mids just don't work with each other, at all, in a game sense.
Our captain is fairly average this season also...

Any game plan would look better if players could start winning their own ball.

Bonner
Higgins
Hill
Mitch
Windy
Dow
Seb

All been ****ing hopeless.
Probably missed another six....

Maybe instead of having separate coaches for mids and fwds we combine the groups for a few weeks under one???

Ross about to explain how we're going to win it...wonder if he'll praise the opposition for most of the interview?

OK I'm chucking out a really radical idea that I bet no one has ever ever thought of - Mitch Owens to the middle for centre bounces.
I think a better idea would be to put Membery in the midfield, or maybe Wilkie, I haven't got any other more clueless footy suggestions but they were the most similar I could come up with...

The only thing keeping me sane is knowing that more than 20 of the blokes on the list are out of contract this year. Bring out the brooms, we are gonna do a big clean out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back